Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 2, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #22,141 of 42,298
@ Dubstep Girl

This tube may not be for every Woozie, 
wink_face.gif
 but huge bang-for-the-buck for those it is! And the demand is there in case you'd like to move it... and move on to try another tea. 

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #22,142 of 42,298
Quote:
Not sure what Ultrainferno's current price is. But he's fast approaching lunch overseas and should return you an answer soon. Keph's buddy I believe is pushing them out the door @ $40 a pop. WooAudio @ $50 if memory serves (limited edition). And 2359glenn could very well come to your rescue late July, in and around these prices.

Almost lunch time indeed :)
I'll PM DG

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #22,144 of 42,298
Quote:
Thanks, Ultra! She'll be so happy, 
tongue_smile.gif
 she won't even think to ask you for chocolate!

Shipping food overseas isn't allowed :p
If you need adapters don't PM me, contact Keph, I don't have any at all. I'm just trying to get enough buyers for the 596 rectifiers

Jul 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #22,147 of 42,298
I posted the 'group buy' for the 596/adapters on the Decware appreciation thread.

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #22,148 of 42,298
FYI --

2359glenn now has some 596 adapters available, if anyone is interested. Send him a PM...

Update: Two adapters are available now and feature black wires (oooh, I should get one myself 
tongue_smile.gif
 ). $30 plus shipping. Not sure if we're allowed to mention pricing, so count on DeadPrez - A 'Jackson' & 'Hamilton' perhaps, plus shipping. 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #22,149 of 42,298
He has MOTT status now, so we should probably check to see if price related discussion is kosher just to be safe.

Might have to bite someday myself, though I am in no hurry.  If not for your preference for the 596 over the 3DG4, SilentOne, I wouldn't even think about it.  I've never found myself wanting with the 3DG4 in the amp, ever.  The amp wouldn't have such amazing bass if the rectifier wasn't holding up its end of the deal.

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #22,150 of 42,298
Quote:
FYI --

2359glenn now has some 596 adapters available, if anyone is interested. Send him a PM...

Update: Two adapters are available now and feature black wires (oooh, I should get one myself 
tongue_smile.gif
 ). $30 plus shipping. Not sure if we're allowed to mention pricing, so count on DeadPrez - A 'Jackson' & 'Hamilton' perhaps, plus shipping. 
wink.gif

PM'ed Glenn :)

-tired of waiting for the Woo adaptor, plus good to have back up/ Glenn's might look better than the white base Woo adaptor 
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #22,152 of 42,298
Quote:
He has MOTT status now, so we should probably check to see if price related discussion is kosher just to be safe.

Might have to bite someday myself, though I am in no hurry.  If not for your preference for the 596 over the 3DG4, SilentOne, I wouldn't even think about it.  I've never found myself wanting with the 3DG4 in the amp, ever.  The amp wouldn't have such amazing bass if the rectifier wasn't holding up its end of the deal.

Agree on his designation and price related discussions. And believe it ain't allowed, so I crossed it out. 
rolleyes.gif
 Oh, but anyway... in our amp the Mighty 596 has less of an impact versus my Woo, where the difference was not subtle. The 3DG4 delivers but with the genre of music I favor, I like the tonal quality of the '596' a bit better. I do remain open to rolling in a few other rectifiers for the adventure and soon may find something else I really like.

Glass aside, our amps really are an amazing piece of kit! 

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #22,153 of 42,298
Quote:
If it was me I would just be as happy to stick with the reliable 3DG4 since there is not many amps that can use them anyways.

And the price is fantastique! I love having the option of using a '596' when the mood strikes, and the go-to 3DG4 when I'm playing music and need to know! 
biggrin.gif
 Will roll in the 3DG4 over the holiday for a few...

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #22,154 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
FYI --

tongue_smile.gif
wink.gif

PM'ed Glenn :)

-tired of waiting for the Woo adaptor, plus good to have back up/ Glenn's might look better than the white base Woo adaptor 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Me too! Don't really need another adapter. But then he mentioned them having black wires. 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back