Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 5, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #16,441 of 42,298

Quote:
I know this is the Woo thread but just wanna to share with you guys what I picked up an hour ago.  Now, I need a better SE cable or Dual XLR to TRS...

PAS_4161.jpg

Too bad, I just gave one away with my Q-Audio cable.  $30.00 from Steve Eddy at Q-Audio cable if you need one.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #16,442 of 42,298

Quote:
I know this is the Woo thread but just wanna to share with you guys what I picked up an hour ago.  Now, I need a better SE cable or Dual XLR to TRS...

PAS_4161.jpg

Excellent photography my friend. Really liking the look of that.

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #16,444 of 42,298
Quote:
A little of twisting the owner's arm and a gun to his head.  
biggrin.gif
  Nothing like that, I emailed the seller the lowest he wants to let it go.  He simply reply with one question, "How well you are going to treat it and will you reseller it"  I said I will treat it better than my wife 
very_evil_smiley.gif
. That is how I got him to lower the asking price.

He loves this receiver and only sell it is to move south to retire and his hearing is getting bad.

Haha, nice negotiations!

Quote:

x2, very nice.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #16,445 of 42,298
That amp is gorgeous jc

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #16,446 of 42,298
Anyone have a recommendation for me DAC wise. I'm looking for something to sit next to the WA6 on my shelf. Don't need USB per-say but it would be nice. $1k price range, I like to buy used so it could be under that.

The Rega DAC is the only one on my list at the moment as I like their products and can pick up a used unit for near $700. I own some other Rega gear (Cursa3 pre, Apollo CDP), so I feel like it would be a good system match. Open to some other ideas, only stipulation is that it needs to be silver or at least have a silver face. Also I don't have any use for balanced inputs or outputs, and won't be needing them anytime soon.

beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #16,447 of 42,298
Some music I have been really enjoying so far today is my newest aqusition, "Alison Krauss + Union Station Live". It is now out of print in the 3 LP version. The recording quality of it is absolutely stellar. Sounds amazing on the WA6/HD650 combo! I got it from music direct during their thanksgiving sale for about $50 less than what the copies on eBay are going for.

If anyone is a fan of bluegrass music I would put it on your must own list, and buy it now before the price goes up even more.

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #16,448 of 42,298

Quote:
Too bad, I just gave one away with my Q-Audio cable.  $30.00 from Steve Eddy at Q-Audio cable if you need one.

Crap, I knew I need one but never get around to order one.

Quote:

Thanks, I like a little of sunset/antique looks of natural light.

Quote:
EML 5U4G Mesh Plate --

Under normal operation, what's the life expectancy again - 5,000 hours? Or 5,000-9,000 hours?
popcorn.gif

I believe it is > 5,000 hours but not sure exactly how many.  More like into 7,000-8,000 range.

Quote:
That amp is gorgeous jc

Thanks...

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #16,449 of 42,298
love the way my woo reproduces cymbals and vocals.  its so lifelike.  not sure how else to describe it.  everyday when i get home from work it takes me to musical heaven for a few hours.  gets my mind off of the crap that is the real world.  its better than drugs

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #16,450 of 42,298

Quote:
Crap, I knew I need one but never get around to order one.

Thanks, I like a little of sunset/antique looks of natural light.

I believe it is > 5,000 hours but not sure exactly how many.  More like into 7,000-8,000 range.

Thanks...

Thanks, jc9394. @ some 800+ hours on my EML, I know it has a lot of life left. Especially since I observe best practices. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #16,451 of 42,298
how long should warm up be to help the life span?
1 min or 5?
i usually wait at least 2-3.
should i wait longer?

i just don't want to replace a pair of TS5998's anytime soon with the price they are going for these days

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #16,452 of 42,298

Quote:
how long should warm up be to help the life span?
1 min or 5?
i usually wait at least 2-3.
should i wait longer?

i just don't want to replace a pair of TS5998's anytime soon with the price they are going for these days

I usually give it about 5 minutes.

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #16,453 of 42,298
Woo nice vintage amp.  Then read:

Quote:

so much jealouseeee

Quote:
Good for progress, not so great for early adopters.  I seriously raised an eyebrow when Alex stated during the launch of the LCD-3 that a successor would be along in about a year.  That must have stopped at least a few sales.  If I were an LCD-2 owner interested in LCD-3 I think a one year wait to do even better would be worth the wait to save that much money.

The thing is though if you're happy with the previous version there's really no reason to change.  A lot of product you can try at meets anyways.

The EML tube that was in my woo had it's little black fitting at the bottom break up.  Now if I shake the amp I can hear the plastic shaking around inside the amp.  Plus the tube doesn't sit well on the amp anymore.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #16,455 of 42,298
i know i've kinda been asking the last few days,
but i think im about to buy a dacmagic.
is there any reason why i shouldn't?
will it be a decent upgrade from my fubar ii?
does it have a funky sound sig that won't mix well with my wa2?
etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back