Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #16,411 of 42,298
Here is the article, citing an unnamed source at Sennheiser re the HD700 via their "rumor mill exclusive" 
rolleyes.gif

http://www.bestheadphonesguide.com/2011/10/rumor-mill-exclusive-sennheiser-hd700-750/

Seems highly suspect to me. First time I've ever been to bestheadphonesguide.com, who are these guys and why should we believe them?

Is it even confirmed that the HD600 is discontinued? Not that I can find...

Dec 4, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #16,413 of 42,298
sorry to change subjects but i have a quick tube question.
my woo came with 4 5998s and 1 of them has a loose base.  its just kinda wiggly.
how can i tell if its lost its vacuum? 

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #16,416 of 42,298

Quote:
sorry to change subjects but i have a quick tube question.
my woo came with 4 5998s and 1 of them has a loose base.  its just kinda wiggly.
how can i tell if its lost its vacuum? 

Loose base is no problem, this is rather common with old tubes actually.  Nearly half of mine are loose if they are inspected closely enough.  It has nothing to do with the glass envelope or the vacuum integrity.  If your tube loses vacuum the silver patch (the getter) inside the tube will partially or completely turn a chalky white color.  If this ever happens don't ever put the tube in the amp for use again.

The base is held against the glass with a type of glue which can become very brittle over the years and sometimes it just gives up the ghost.  If it really bothers you a common trick is to use clear nail polish or acrylic cement to secure the base again, but the best advice is to just leave it be and handle it with care.  The most important thing is to not twist the base at all, this can stress or break the soldering on the pins which will ruin the tube and possibly produce an electrical short.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #16,418 of 42,298

Quote:
I was going to say.... rumors about the HD700 have been around since, oh I'd say about a week after the HD650 was released. 
tongue.gif

Isn't that almost cliche with all products. "Oh hey, look, the HiFiMan HE-6's just came out" Person B: "I'll just wait for the HE-600's, they'll probably be a much better upgrade. 
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #16,419 of 42,298
Quote:

It was on the Internet.  It was in writing.  It has got to be true.

Confirmed Sennheiser rep.

Quote:
Here is the article, citing an unnamed source at Sennheiser re the HD700 via their "rumor mill exclusive" 
rolleyes.gif

http://www.bestheadphonesguide.com/2011/10/rumor-mill-exclusive-sennheiser-hd700-750/

Seems highly suspect to me. First time I've ever been to bestheadphonesguide.com, who are these guys and why should we believe them?

Is it even confirmed that the HD600 is discontinued?

It looks like very,very similar info i have. I suspect that was published from the same Head-Fier that told me.

Quote:
Check the date.  
tongue_smile.gif

I know! The rumors have been around for years... I think this info is new though.

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #16,421 of 42,298
Isn't that almost cliche with all products. "Oh hey, look, the HiFiMan HE-6's just came out" Person B: "I'll just wait for the HE-600's, they'll probably be a much better upgrade. 
wink.gif

Haha, in HifiMan's case they upgrade fast enough you could skip a model. Looks like Audeze is on that pace with the LCD-4's coming out next year. Maybe its an ortho thing :D

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #16,422 of 42,298

Quote:
Haha, in HifiMan's case they upgrade fast enough you could skip a model. Looks like Audeze is on that pace with the LCD-4's coming out next year. Maybe its an ortho thing
biggrin.gif

Good for progress, not so great for early adopters.  I seriously raised an eyebrow when Alex stated during the launch of the LCD-3 that a successor would be along in about a year.  That must have stopped at least a few sales.  If I were an LCD-2 owner interested in LCD-3 I think a one year wait to do even better would be worth the wait to save that much money.

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #16,423 of 42,298

Quote:
Quote:
wink.gif

Haha, in HifiMan's case they upgrade fast enough you could skip a model. Looks like Audeze is on that pace with the LCD-4's coming out next year. Maybe its an ortho thing
biggrin.gif

Oh, they upgrade fast enough. Just wait..... 
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #16,424 of 42,298
so hd 600s are discontinued ?!!? 

if thats true, damn i have to get a pair now 
frown.gif

and i can't wait till im done with work so i can order the wa2!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back