Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 5, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #16,426 of 42,298
Quote:
I know this is the Woo thread but just wanna to share with you guys what I picked up an hour ago.  Now, I need a better SE cable or Dual XLR to TRS...

Very nice unit! What did you pay? $300-600...

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #16,428 of 42,298
Quote:

Nice!
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #16,430 of 42,298

Quote:
I know this is the Woo thread but just wanna to share with you guys what I picked up an hour ago.  Now, I need a better SE cable or Dual XLR to TRS...

PAS_4161.jpg

She's a Cutie! As a "Vintage" integrated owner, I appreciate the sneak preview here. Please tell us you're not using the glue seen in the background for solder-less applications... 
eek.gif

dt880smile.png

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #16,431 of 42,298

Quote:
Danska, do you like Zu mobius cable?

I do indeed. I had the pleasure of visiting Zu in Ogden, UT and I really like their products. All of their cables are great, I prefer the Mobius a great deal over the Cardas Cable I had previously. Sound is a bit better overall, and the cable is much more flexible. I got a 4.5 meter version because I needed some extra length for my listening room.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #16,433 of 42,298

Quote:
What a deal, was that with or without negotiations?

A little of twisting the owner's arm and a gun to his head.  
biggrin.gif
  Nothing like that, I emailed the seller the lowest he wants to let it go.  He simply reply with one question, "How well you are going to treat it and will you reseller it"  I said I will treat it better than my wife 
very_evil_smiley.gif
. That is how I got him to lower the asking price.

He loves this receiver and only sell it is to move south to retire and his hearing is getting bad.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #16,434 of 42,298
So I'm curious what y'all would do as far as changing driver tubes on the WA6? I have a couple pairs of 6SN7s and was thinking about getting some adapters to try those out. Any other specific recommendations for someone into Jazz, female vocals, instrumental rock etc..

I was given a whole slew of rectifiers (5AR4, 5U4Gs, GZ32, Sophia Princess 274b), so I have some stuff to play around with there. Although I'm going to have a hard time swapping out the SP, as it is quite glorious to look at!

As my contribution to the Woo world, I'd be happy to pass along a Sylvania 5U4G Rectifier. I don't have a tester but I have a quad of them that appear to be NOS in original boxes. I don't need them all by any means. Please contact me if you'd like one (I ask that you cover postage).

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #16,435 of 42,298
IF you think SP is glorious, just wait til you get an EML.  It is both glorious and sound excellent.

On the driver tubes, try to get yourself a Tung Sol BGRP 6F8G with adapter.  It is the best and more afford driver tube that I tried.  Generally 6F8G are less and sound really good.  

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #16,437 of 42,298

Quote:

She's a Cutie! As a "Vintage" integrated owner, I appreciate the sneak preview here. Please tell us you're not using the glue seen in the background for solder-less applications... 
eek.gif

dt880smile.png

Great catch, yes I did use it.  Did I do it wrong?  
confused.gif

See my water warmer???  I did brewed myself a few shot of "woolong" when I tried it out.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #16,439 of 42,298

Quote:
Great catch, yes I did use it.  Did I do it wrong?  
confused.gif

See my water warmer???  I did brewed myself a few shot of "woolong" when I tried it out.

Yes, I saw how you smartly, conveniently you set up your area. 
wink_face.gif
  It's no accident that you are a Woo Audio owner...

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #16,440 of 42,298

Quote:
IF you think SP is glorious, just wait til you get an EML.  It is both glorious and sound excellent.

On the driver tubes, try to get yourself a Tung Sol BGRP 6F8G with adapter.  It is the best and more afford driver tube that I tried.  Generally 6F8G are less and sound really good.  

We've got EML Glass all day.  
smiley_thumb.gif
 But, I keep forgetting to list it... 
rolleyes.gif
 jc9394 is right about the EML, danska. Should you or any others have interest, please send me a PM. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back