Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Feb 21, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #196 of 484
For me my favorite single BA is the Ortofon e-Q5 hands down and that's why I bought another to replace the ones I sold awhile back.

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #200 of 484
Hi guys! New to here am I, I just recieved my sony xba4-lp's (Iphone ones) the quality of the earsphones reminds me of somthing that would fall apart in my hands if given a little pressure! so inniatialy, very disapointed. However, only having experiance of the lower end of sony stuff (mdr-xb41ex) and all of the other freebe minidisc player stuff etc year 90s-2010's, these do rock the socks off even my Denon AH-D2000's, and they are good! The sub bass is off the head, but really you will need some good old flac format stuff to get them really rumbling as mp3 has a grainy texture even at it's best 320kbs. Mid's are lush my fave album sofar is Fleetwood mac, Rumors. Trebal is a little, hmmm a little hmmm, some have said its like sibilance with older speakers kind of tins on top of tins on tins etc, but I think no, there great if a little fragile feeling and light!

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #201 of 484
Quote:
As in personal preference, going by which gives me the most fun out of music - ignoring technicalities:

Great: UE900 > W4 > FA-3E > 4.Ai
Good: UE4 (demo) > PFE 232 > TF10
OK: JH5 (demo) > SE535
Meh: PFE 121

I have not compared all of them at the same time (but most of them in two sets). I've owned or tested all of these for at least one week.

Let me update:

CM Stage 3 > UERM > CM Stage 4 > StageDiver 3 = StageDiver 2 > UE900 > W4 > FA-4E XB > FA-3E XB = FA-3E *proceed with quote*

I have no idea where to put UE11 and UE18. Somewhere around the StageDivers, but I am not sure.

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #202 of 484
Is it wrong to like the W2 better than the W4? Or any less quantity driver over a high quantity one? I feel so strange liking something that is known to be "inferior", both from a technical stand point and after reading reviews. I mean, there are four(!) less drivers in the W2, yet I find it sounds so much better! I've always been under the impression that multiple driver IEMs would sound godly, especially the ones with 3 or 4 per earpiece. I've been tempted to drift back over to IEMs again, but am a bit cautious as about how far to go up the chain. I'd love to hear what everyone else is hearing as far as "yeah, extra drivers have an advantage, and I can hear the difference", but from the models I've owned, I have a hard time experiencing that concept. I realize there is the whole diminishing returns thing, but is that relevant if they're stuffing more drivers into the earpiece? That constitutes as improvement right? Shouldn't that only be an issue when they're stuck with the same amount of drivers for a long period of time? An example being full sized headphones which always only have a single driver per channel, and companies are always finding a way to tune/improve it differently; while IEM manufacturers can just add more drivers.

I don't know, I hate being confused. Especially when everyone else seems to be enjoying their "technology" more than I ever did. Curious if anyone has thoughts on this.

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #205 of 484
I would say:
Westone 4 > Shure SE425 > Shure SE535 > Brainwavz M3

However, I am very interested in the new StageDiver 2 InEar. It could be my no.1 InEar!! :)

Besides: I am from Germany and this is my first posting at head-fi! I am glad to be here :)

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #209 of 484
TF10>SM1>UE700>XBA1IP

I think the above will change a bit as I have a pair of 4A's and 8A's being made by Heir Audio....

It is funny, I thought I had heard more BA phones than this - everything I have is dynamic - maybe because they are for the most part less money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back