Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Jul 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #227 of 484
Quote:
I thought this thread was the best balanced armature thread, not best >2 = x amount of driver IEM thread. Best balanced armature would have to be the DBA's by Fischer Audio.

If off topic, best CIEM for me would be the UE18's.

They UE18s use Balanced Armatures in the design? So I don't get your point? :wink:

Jul 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #228 of 484
Quote:

They UE18s use Balanced Armatures in the design? So I don't get your point? :wink:

Balanced armature = 2 matched drivers?
Quad balanced armature = 4 matched drivers?

The thread is saying best balanced so I'm assuming two as that is usually the terminology given to such driver designs.

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #229 of 484
Quote:

The thread is saying best balanced so I'm assuming two as that is usually the terminology given to such driver designs.

The 'balanced' in 'balanced armature' means that the armature is suspended (balanced) between two magnets.
It doesn't mean there are paired drivers.

Some BAs are manufactured as paired drivers facing in opposite directions. Since BAs are primarily a hearing aid technology, this is useful because it prevents vibration of the hearing aid's casing and thus microphone feedback. This is not really as useful in IEMs.

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #230 of 484
Quote:

Not to my knowledge. Balanced Armature is a driver type. Balanced Armature and Dynamic Drivers. They are both drivers but of a different design. Any IEM with at least 1 Balanced Armature driver can be considered to be in the category of BA or a combination of BA and dynamic (hybrid). 

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #235 of 484
The Fitear iem stuff is pretty interesting. Same goes for the New DX100 or DX50 player which I may get, other than that nothing much else has caught my eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back