USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Nov 19, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #5,641 of 6,187
You can use tagscanner to embed the album art in the music file itself. I have seen an option in settings --> user interface --> prefer embedded art: please see it should be unchecked in case you have a folder/ cover.jpg in the folder.
Thank you :)
It seems to work great now, after tagging my albums :)

Nov 19, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #5,642 of 6,187
Hello (again),

IF anyone here uses the Chord Mojo 2 together with UAPP, please have a look at this and this post of mine and tell me if you are facing the same situation.

Thank you

Nov 20, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #5,643 of 6,187
Hello everyone,
I’m using UAPP for a couple of month now on my Shanling m3x and i was was wondering if there is any way to add a spectrum analyzer when listening to music ? Is there any plugins available ? If not, does anyone knows any spectrum analyzer android app that works with uapp? I have tried several on the google store but couldn’t find one that works in tandem with uapp :frowning2:

thank you in advance :)

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #5,644 of 6,187
Maybe this was already answered, but is there a way to view my Tidal library on UAPP? I can access Tidal fine, just having to always search for stuff is annoying.

Nov 21, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #5,645 of 6,187
Maybe this was already answered, but is there a way to view my Tidal library on UAPP? I can access Tidal fine, just having to always search for stuff is annoying.
Once you have selected Tidal on UAPP, just tap the little heart-shaped icon located on the lower right corner to view your library of favorites.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #5,647 of 6,187
Good question. Android (usually) has a fixed native sample rate of either 44100 or 48000Hz. Everything else is sample rate converted to this rate (by a worse sample rate converter than used by UAPP). If your Android device has a native sample rate of 44100Hz then you are lucky since if you playback 44100Hz material, the Android sample rate converter (SRC) doesn't need to do anything. When using the variable rate setting, UAPP will feed the sample data as is up to the sample rate that the Android device supports internally (before SRC). It usually has rates up to 96000Hz. So, when playing a 96000Hz file with variable rate setting, 96000Hz audio data is fed to Android and then sample rate converted to either 44100 or 48000Hz by Android. Note that Android's SRC usually causes a (sometimes dramatic) decrease in volume.

So what do we learn from this? Basically, it's best to use the fixed native rate since then UAPP's SRC is used and not Android's (or both).

There are very very few Android devices that actually use a variable sample rate without a fixed sample rate. For those devices, the variable rate setting is best.
I'm using an Android DAP capable of bypass Android SRC (Tempotec V6). So best option here is Variable sample rate, right?

Dec 1, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #5,649 of 6,187
Its just been updated to support the Tempotec V6 update and it will work
I received the update.
But I still confused about it's configuration .
Dev told me to leave all the config default.
But if I leave all the options as default, this is what I obtain:

IMG_20221202_000706.jpg

And if i understand well, this mean that UAPP is downsampling before stream data to android driver... And this seems to be confirmed by the led color, that doesn't change with hires flac.
This does not happen if I select "variable sample rate"
Or am i wrong?

UPDATE:
dev confirmed an issue:
"There is indeed an issue where the device is not added to the list of
known devices. However, the configuration, once you select the HiRes
driver manually should be correct."

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #5,651 of 6,187
I'm using uapp in fiio m11 through mojo2.

All mp3's with sample rate of 32 khz have distorted playback and through only 1 channel. Have tried rebooting, clearing cache, resetting settings, toggling bit perfect settings. Nothing works

Same mp3s work fine on VLC on same setup.

Anyone have a answer?

Dec 4, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #5,653 of 6,187
Analogue bell

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #5,654 of 6,187
It does not make a difference... I can only control the volume with my dac/amp...
My problem stays: in bit perfect mode the volume even at just a little more then the minimum is already nearly too loud so i cannot really use it depending the music i'm listenning...
So the only way seems to quit bit perfect mode and to use the EQ with some negative gain... Then the volume is not too high and i can go at least a little up and down...
Thanks again😀

Not sure if you ever fixed this? I am having the exact same issue with iBasso DC06 dongle on LGV30 (with Fiio FH7).

Dec 6, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #5,655 of 6,187
Not sure if you ever fixed this? I am having the exact same issue with iBasso DC06 dongle on LGV30 (with Fiio FH7).
I was not able to fix this and then i move to another dac/amp...
Looking back i'll try this: tap on the volume/EQ button and then press the 'Hardware volume' card. If there are any sliders you can adjust them to find your sweet spot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back