Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 15, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #5,761 of 10,700
I was debating which forum to post this in, I'll give it shot in here. I've been a happy owner of the Mojo 2 for a while now and I find the EQ to be a game changer for my IEM collection. I have owned several TOTL DAPs at different times and I have not experienced a purer EQ implementation on a portable device. Would I like finer band control, sure, but at this price point I am not complaining.
I am a heavy Tidal user as all my playlists are on there and though I would like to switch to Qobuz, it still has a lot of gaps for my collection and music preferences. Thus, I am stuck with multiple MQA-only releases. Which is fine for my setup, or so I thought. I was happily using an iOS device with Tidal, where I assume the Tidal app performs the first unfold, and then feeds Mojo 2 with an 88.2 or 96khz stream, which Mojo 2 happily decodes. It sounds great. Does is sound better than 44.1khz non-MQA Tidal titles? I don't think so.

So the other day I could not find my lightning to usb-c dongle and I thought I'd try a different source. I picked up my DX300 MAX, fired up UAPP (with the MQA plugin) and started streaming my Tidal playlists to Mojo 2 over usb-c. Yes, I could've skipped Mojo in this case and listened through the incredible MAX directly, however for the specific iems I wanted the EQ. In this setup, UAPP performs the first unfold and sends an 88.2 or 96khz stream to Mojo 2. To my utter shock and surprise, the sound out of the Mojo 2 is completely different. The soundstage is spectacularly wider, instrument separation is phenomenal, bass is tighter and harder hitting. This is not subtle. I eventually found my dongle and went back and forth between Tidal on iOS and UAPP on Android. Mojo 2 was the dac in both cases. Big difference in sound.
What's going on here? Is UAPPs MQA unfolding vastly superior to Tidal's? Something else?
Just wanted to say I have the same observation. But I am puzzled too as I think in both cases the tidal app should be sending bit perfect info to Mojo 2. Any further insights have you since you first posted?

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #5,762 of 10,700
I just received my brand new Mojo 2, I fully charged it and started listening via optical. There is a low level, but audible and unmistakable hiss (at any volume level, even the absolute lowest) immediately upon plugging the headphone in. The hiss is there even if I remove the optical connection, so it's 100% coming from the unit. As soon as I unplug, the hiss is gone (obviously). I plug into the original Mojo, no hiss. Plug into the Mojo 2 - immediate hiss, primarily in the right channel.

This is the case with my Sennheiser IEM, my 30 ohm headphone, and at a barely audible level even with my 300 ohm Sennheiser.

Do I have a faulty unit? I tried searching for "hiss" here and could not find a similar issue reported?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #5,764 of 10,700
I just received my brand new Mojo 2, I fully charged it and started listening via optical. There is a low level, but audible and unmistakable hiss (at any volume level, even the absolute lowest) immediately upon plugging the headphone in. The hiss is there even if I remove the optical connection, so it's 100% coming from the unit. As soon as I unplug, the hiss is gone (obviously). I plug into the original Mojo, no hiss. Plug into the Mojo 2 - immediate hiss, primarily in the right channel.

This is the case with my Sennheiser IEM, my 30 ohm headphone, and at a barely audible level even with my 300 ohm Sennheiser.

Do I have a faulty unit? I tried searching for "hiss" here and could not find a similar issue reported?

Thanks for any advice.
I don't hear any hiss with any of my headphones (FD7, LCD2C, HD6XX and KHP40). Is there any device that is causing the interference? If not, try factory reset:
"Mojo 2 features a factory reset mode that restores the device to the original factory settings: DSP flat and Crossfeed off. To reset the device, press both the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ simultaneously from either the DSP menu mode, or the Crossfeed menu mode."

If the hiss is still there, you might have a faulty unit.

I am still between mojo 2 and gryphon but the ability to listen two headphones simultaneously win me over because some times we listen together with wife
Mojo 2 sounds as good as Gryphon or I would say better and has UHD DSP which gives the flexibility to use different headphones and tune your headphones to your liking better than any other DAC/AMP out there.

Me, I would take the Mojo 2 any day.

Nov 15, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #5,765 of 10,700
I don't hear any hiss with any of my headphones (FD7, LCD2C, HD6XX and KHP40). Is there any device that is causing the interference? If not, try factory reset:
"Mojo 2 features a factory reset mode that restores the device to the original factory settings: DSP flat and Crossfeed off. To reset the device, press both the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ simultaneously from either the DSP menu mode, or the Crossfeed menu mode."

Thanks, I did try factory reset even though it was brand new and I had not done anything to any crossfeed or DSP settings. Same background noise, continuous, despite zero phones anywhere near it. It must be a faulty unit. Has anyone else encountered this? I will send it back for a replacement.

Nov 15, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #5,766 of 10,700
Thanks, I did try factory reset even though it was brand new and I had not done anything to any crossfeed or DSP settings. Same background noise, continuous, despite zero phones anywhere near it. It must be a faulty unit. Has anyone else encountered this? I will send it back for a replacement.
There are a handful of iems that are just too sensitive for some chord gear, and need to be used at lower volume or in coordination with an impedence matcher. Search the Chord threads and see if any of the links are interesting for you.

Nov 15, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #5,767 of 10,700

Thanks for any advice.

If you can hear hiss (even barely) with 300 ohm Sennheiser headphones (presumably HD600, 650 or 6XX) something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Nov 19, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #5,769 of 10,700
Anyone here using the Mojo 2 with USB Audio Player Pro on an Android phone? On my phone (Android 12), I cannot listen to YouTube or Amazon Music, if I will select UAPP, in the pop-up menu: "Choose an app for the USB device". What impresses me (negatively) is that it does not work even if I will power off the Mojo 2 completely. I need to disconnect the Mojo 2 from my phone and reconnect it again, I am using the USB-C input, to be able to listen to YouTube and Amazon music.

With my FiiO BTR7, connected with the same cable, this does not happen. I select to listen via UAPP and as long as I will exit UAPP, everything else plays fine.

What is your experience? Is there a setting, somewhere, I am missing?

Thank you

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #5,770 of 10,700
Anyone here using the Mojo 2 with USB Audio Player Pro on an Android phone? On my phone (Android 12), I cannot listen to YouTube or Amazon Music, if I will select UAPP, in the pop-up menu: "Choose an app for the USB device". What impresses me (negatively) is that it does not work even if I will power off the Mojo 2 completely. I need to disconnect the Mojo 2 from my phone and reconnect it again, I am using the USB-C input, to be able to listen to YouTube and Amazon music.

With my FiiO BTR7, connected with the same cable, this does not happen. I select to listen via UAPP and as long as I will exit UAPP, everything else plays fine.

What is your experience? Is there a setting, somewhere, I am missing?

Thank you
I think you should click Cancel to not use UAPP as default.

Note 9, USB C, Mojo2 clicked Cancel to watch YouTube or Netflix.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #5,771 of 10,700
Yes, I know @meomap , and thank you for your answer :)

What I am saying is this:

With my FiiO BTR7, I can listen via UAPP and then, after closing UAPP completely, I can listen to YouTube or Amazon Music. I can then go back to UAPP and listen again. And, so on... (I believe the same is happening with my Qudelix-5K but I have not tried it, yet)

With the Mojo 2, I cannot do this. If I will select to use UAPP or if I will open UAPP while the Mojo 2 is connected, nothing else plays, unless I will completely disconnect the USB-C cable.

Is this how it works for you, guys, as well?

PS: I have the POCO F2 PRO

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #5,772 of 10,700
Yes, I know @meomap , and thank you for your answer :)

What I am saying is this:

With my FiiO BTR7, I can listen via UAPP and then, after closing UAPP completely, I can listen to YouTube or Amazon Music. I can then go back to UAPP and listen again. And, so on... (I believe the same is happening with my Qudelix-5K but I have not tried it, yet)

With the Mojo 2, I cannot do this. If I will select to use UAPP or if I will open UAPP while the Mojo 2 is connected, nothing else plays, unless I will completely disconnect the USB-C cable.

Is this how it works for you, guys, as well?

PS: I have the POCO F2 PRO
Yes that is how it works.
UAPP takes possession of the DAC in order to feed it bit perfect signal and stop Android interfering .
this is to give it best sound quality.

Nov 20, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #5,773 of 10,700
Yes that is how it works.
UAPP takes possession of the DAC in order to feed it bit perfect signal and stop Android interfering .
this is to give it best sound quality.
Ah, okay, I see. Thank you for confirming. I have Bit Prefect always enabled in UAPP, I will try to disable it to see if it will work. In any case, it's no problem. This was just a test. I am never using the Mojo 2 for mobile listening. It was purchased to be used for desktop use. Thanks again :)

Nov 20, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #5,774 of 10,700
Wow just seen Mojo 2 is more expensive then Gryphon in USA. It’s opposite in UK.

ANYONE complaining 4.4 balanced in Gryphon vs Mojo 2 for driving a Focal headphone?
I have seen some comparisons but none of them are using the 4.4 connection on Gryphon

Nov 20, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #5,775 of 10,700

Mojo 2 sounds as good as Gryphon or I would say better and has UHD DSP which gives the flexibility to use different headphones and tune your headphones to your liking better than any other DAC/AMP out there.

Me, I would take the Mojo 2 any day.
Are you using 4.4 on Gryphon when comparing to Mojo 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back