Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 20, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #5,776 of 10,753
Nov 20, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #5,777 of 10,753
Are you using 4.4 on Gryphon when comparing to Mojo 2?
Yes, 4.4mm out to HD6XX and LCD2C. 3.5mm out is not enough to power them to decent levels.

The difference between them without any sound enhancements is subtle IMO. Where Mojo 2 takes the game ahead is when you engage UHD DSP. xBass and 3D plus just can't keep up.

Nov 20, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #5,778 of 10,753
How do you connect Chord Mojo to external amp?
Is there anything i need to pay attention (i.e. impedance) for the pairing?
The plan is to connect Mojo 2 to my WA22.

Nov 20, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #5,780 of 10,753
So the internal charger circuit is still on (but not charging), and that means the FPGA is active too (albeit in low power mode), as this provides the intelligence for the charger. Also, it will top up the battery every 11 days by applying a trickle charge cycle, to replenish the batteries internal discharge. So running it for months in desktop mode will ensure the battery is ready to go fully charged. Note also that the full charge voltage is at the long term safe voltage level, not the maximum possible.
Is it normal that with mojo 2 always powered off in magenta/desktop mode, my 20.000 mAh powerbank is completely discharged after 2 days?
Thank you

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #5,782 of 10,753
How do you connect Chord Mojo to external amp?
Is there anything i need to pay attention (i.e. impedance) for the pairing?
The plan is to connect Mojo 2 to my WA22.

1.jpg

Nov 21, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #5,785 of 10,753
I don't hear any hiss with any of my headphones (FD7, LCD2C, HD6XX and KHP40). Is there any device that is causing the interference? If not, try factory reset:
"Mojo 2 features a factory reset mode that restores the device to the original factory settings: DSP flat and Crossfeed off. To reset the device, press both the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ simultaneously from either the DSP menu mode, or the Crossfeed menu mode."

If the hiss is still there, you might have a faulty unit.

Mojo 2 sounds as good as Gryphon or I would say better and has UHD DSP which gives the flexibility to use different headphones and tune your headphones to your liking better than any other DAC/AMP out there.

Me, I would take the Mojo 2 any day.
The Mojo 2 is £50 less then Gryphon in UK. So i guess most would choose Mojo 2 if they don’t need Bluetooth? What do you think.

Mojo 2 = £490 in UK.
Gryphon = £550 to £599 in UK.

Nov 21, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #5,786 of 10,753
The Mojo 2 is £50 less then Gryphon in UK. So i guess most would choose Mojo 2 if they don’t need Bluetooth? What do you think.

Mojo 2 = £490 in UK.
Gryphon = £550 to £599 in UK.
Mojo 2 all the way.
It's the same case here in India Mojo 2 a little bit cheaper than Gryphon and it's the best seller.

Nov 21, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #5,787 of 10,753
Mojo 2 all the way.
It's the same case here in India Mojo 2 a little bit cheaper than Gryphon and it's the best seller.
I can't get my head around the logic of it!
Why would anyone need Bluetooth, a lossy wireless connection - to send lossy music to a top of the line headphone DAC/Amp, only to use a wired headphone to listen with?
Since the headphone cable can not be omitted, what convenience is there to not use a thin , tidy USB cable (they are available) to connect the phone to the Mojo or Gryphon etc. ??
One pays extra money for top headphones and top DAC/Amps, puts up with the inconvenience of a wired headphone, only to ruin the final sound by using BT! I don't see the logic of it.
There are plenty of decent BT earbuds or headphones about, that don't cost the earth - get one!
There is the real convenience/point of BT - total wire free, not just a half-way house.
I have never used the BT facility of my Hugo2, nor my DX7 pro! Indeed, the antenna for the Topping is still in the box! And there is a point to using BT on the Topping, but I rather remote control jRiver on my PC that is connected by Toslink to the DX7 pro. I am still wireless, but would get full resolution.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #5,789 of 10,753
i had the mojo 1 and now i am between mojo 2 and gryphon. My headphones are the edition xs and hd660s do you think mojo is more than enaought to drive these headphones to the full potential ?
Mojo 2 drives HD6XX as good as Gryphon and better than any portable AMPs (XD-05 plus, balanced and xCan) I had.

It will have no problems driving 660s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back