Chord Mojo 2 Thread ___ [product released January 31, 2022 -- starting on page 95 of thread]
Nov 23, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #5,806 of 10,942
Novice question.

I use a Sony Experia 5 iV or Surface studio

Does the sound bypass the DACs on these and go straight to the Mojo, and does the sound processing software in these affect the sound at all? If turned what I can off. I use Amazon music

I also have UAPP, and Qubuz, I know that definitely does send sound bypassing the phone/laptop Dac but again will they process the sound I'm anyway before getting to the Mojo?

Nov 23, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #5,807 of 10,942
Novice question.

I use a Sony Experia 5 iV or Surface studio

Does the sound bypass the DACs on these and go straight to the Mojo, and does the sound processing software in these affect the sound at all? If turned what I can off. I use Amazon music

I also have UAPP, and Qubuz, I know that definitely does send sound bypassing the phone/laptop Dac but again will they process the sound I'm anyway before getting to the Mojo?
Yes the internal DAC will be bypassed on the Xperia and Surface Studio when connected to external DAC like Mojo 2.

Even if you have turned off all DSP like EQ, Normalizer... there will be some resampling of the signal on Android since without something like UAPP, all audio will be resampled to 48 kHz which means it's not a bit-perfect signal. On Surface Studio, which looks like it has Windows OS? You can change the Audio Sample rate to 44kHz or whatever sampling music you are playing.

I personally don't think it's a big issue on Windows but I do notice some improvement on Android when using UAPP or Neutron vs stock.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #5,809 of 10,942
gonna drop a hot take, and I didn't want to post about bc it might sound kind of crazy.
At least on my unit, I don't think the two output sounds the same. (Honestly both still sounds good).

Button side sounds fuller, more mid-bass.
Chord Logo side sounds more spacious, wider, more detail.

I tested using two sets of IC (back and forth between jack), and also between combinations between different amp ( Oor + hypsos) and Enlume R23, between Susvara and HE1000se.

Let me know if anyone else has the same findings on their units.

Aux info: Originally motivated bc I was testing cables, wanting to find a good 3.5 -> RCA for the mojo. Wanted to be thorough so I also flipped them around on the jacks. Personally prefer chord logo-side for the imaging. But honestly I think both side sounds pretty good. I have not heard this being mentioned as either a feature or a bug. So kinda curious if others are expericing the same.

Nov 24, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #5,810 of 10,942
gonna drop a hot take, and I didn't want to post about bc it might sound kind of crazy.
At least on my unit, I don't think the two output sounds the same. (Honestly both still sounds good).

Button side sounds fuller, more mid-bass.
Chord Logo side sounds more spacious, wider, more detail.

I tested using two sets of IC (back and forth between jack), and also between combinations between different amp ( Oor + hypsos) and Enlume R23, between Susvara and HE1000se.

Let me know if anyone else has the same findings on their units.

Aux info: Originally motivated bc I was testing cables, wanting to find a good 3.5 -> RCA for the mojo. Wanted to be thorough so I also flipped them around on the jacks. Personally prefer chord logo-side for the imaging. But honestly I think both side sounds pretty good. I have not heard this being mentioned as either a feature or a bug. So kinda curious if others are expericing the same.

The power of psychoacoustic at work !

I recall reading that the two jacks are literally wired to the exact same output stage of the dac with the only difference being 1.5 inches of wire.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #5,813 of 10,942
The power of psychoacoustic at work !

I recall reading that the two jacks are literally wired to the exact same output stage of the dac with the only difference being 1.5 inches of wire.
Correct.

But it’s not inches of wire—it’s mm of PCB tracings.

I thought that the Hugo 2 RCA and headphone outputs sounded different. But upon further review, I can’t believe I could hear the few mm of extra PCB tracings.

Nov 24, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #5,814 of 10,942
At £399 Chord Mojo 2 is by far the best value if all Dacs/Amps regardless of Brand under £1,000 today

Yeah I got one for £399, customer return/refurb

Unbeatable price, totally agree this is very good value for money. congrats on the great deal.
Love this little device, it does so much right.

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #5,815 of 10,942
But is possible that I cannot adjust the volume trought physical button on my iPhone?I am the only one who have this problem?

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #5,816 of 10,942
But is possible that I cannot adjust the volume trought physical button on my iPhone?I am the only one who have this problem?
If you could change the volume using the buttons on your iPhone, that would mean that Mojo is not getting bit perfect from your phone.
That's a bad thing!
When it works right, your phone (Android or iPhone) is out of the picture, and serves bit perfect data to Mojo, for Mojo to process as it decides.

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #5,818 of 10,942
My endgame setup is a desktop chain;but for mobile use,adjust volume trought iPhone or Apple Watch would be much better against mojo button !for this situation I don’t need a bit perfect signal

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #5,819 of 10,942
My endgame setup is a desktop chain;but for mobile use,adjust volume trought iPhone or Apple Watch would be much better against mojo button !for this situation I don’t need a bit perfect signal
Fair enough, seems odd to me as I always have the phone or laptop attached to the Mojo and nothing else and use UAPP on the phone which bypasses the phone anyway

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #5,820 of 10,942
Fair enough, seems odd to me as I always have the phone or laptop attached to the Mojo and nothing else and use UAPP on the phone which bypasses the phone anyway
Doesn’t exist for iOS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back