USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 10, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #3,991 of 6,188
Hi @Davy Wentzler ,

Last I heard, you were working on detecting internal MQA decoding ability of DAPs and handing MQA decoding to the DAPs in such cases. Issues faced by @CANiSLAYu are probably the result of that. Might want to leave this out in the case of bitperfect players like the R5 and continue the previous approach of in-app detection and decoding, because of this: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-147#post-15610086 :triportsad:

(I mean, the reported effects seem glitchier on the R5 than our software itself would be causing, but even if everything gets debugged on your end, the best you can expect, is "only" a momentary hiccup that may happen at the beginning of every switch to and from MQA. Only way to avoid this, would be to leave 8x upsampling on regardless of whether the player thinks the track is MQA or not. This is the curse of stream-integral MQA detection. Since your app can detect that a whole track is MQA or not via other means (whether it be via metadata or even lookahead decoding), and decode that in software, that would be the better way to go)

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 17, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #3,993 of 6,188
Hi Davy

Please do something with APE files support, I have huge music collection in APE format.

P.S. UAPP is the best music player, that's why I still using your APP:)

Jul 19, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #3,995 of 6,188
Speaking of Android TV boxes...

Had extra cash and thinking to have a small computer in my bedroom. Something a do-it-all kind of thing. My Android TV is good for media playback and occasional surfing in the internet. But when I need something for quick editing (documents. pictures, etc.) its limited.

So enter this baby: A Shuttle DH370 (link)

bk0RixNl.jpg

e6deM7Ll.jpg

Just a little larger than your typical DVD drive and stuffed it with the following:
Intel i9-9900 (disabled Speedstep/Turbo for heat and acoustic purposes)
32Gb (16x2) Corsair Vengeance 2666Mhz
1Tb Samsung Evo Plus m.2 SSD
Intel AC 9260 Wifi + 5.0 Bluetooth

xImoHrgl.jpg

Installed the latest Windows 10 tweaked it to be as lean as possible. Along with JRiver MC 25 w/ Izotope Ozone Advanced 8.02 as plugins...

SO...the SOUND QUALITY??
My Android TV Box + UAPP is BETTER! :tired_face:

Spent 1,400 euros to find out (AGAIN) that my 200 euro Android TV box setup is better! :rage:

I was just fortunate that my (other, older) Android TV box (Himedia Q10 Pro) has a USB 3.0 port to your PC.

rQiyYThl.jpg

Now I got a TWIN system. Got a so called do-it-all mini PC that can access my 8TB drive from my Android TV. And the Android TV for my listening and (along w/ my PC) other media pleasure. My newer Beelink GT-King was moved elsewhere.

HdiiXwul.jpg

Sharing this for those people who wants to go to that road (AGAIN) hoping to have a better media experience.

SPEND YOUR MONEY TO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Michael

Ignore windows for a moment and try some dedicated audio linux distros

1. Daphile
2. Wtfplay. This is what I use, but commandline may not be to everyone's taste.

Jul 20, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #3,996 of 6,188
Anyone experience a large volume drop with the latest UAPP build and the PEQ plugin? On my Fiio M15, normal volume for me is around 45ish but with PEQ enabled, I have to go past 80 for equivalent. I know there was a little bit of volume reduction to avoid clipping but not this large on previous UAPP versions. When I try regular EQ, it works the same as before so it is just the PEQ plugin. I can also confirm from the level meters that the volume has indeed been reduced to barely 3 bars with PEQ enabled. I also tried to disable auto level in PEQ options, but it has no effect.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #3,997 of 6,188
Currently, when I play an album using UAPP, my phone screen turns on, and displays each track name, as it starts.
This is annoying, especially if I'm listening in a low light environment, since there's a bright "flash" of white text on a black background.
I can go into my Android settings, and prohibit all UAPP notifications - but I'd prefer to not have to do that.
Does anyone know if there's an option in UAPP to turn off the display of each track name, if the screen is not already on?
Thanks!

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #3,998 of 6,188
Currently, when I play an album using UAPP, my phone screen turns on, and displays each track name, as it starts.
This is annoying, especially if I'm listening in a low light environment, since there's a bright "flash" of white text on a black background.
I can go into my Android settings, and prohibit all UAPP notifications - but I'd prefer to not have to do that.
Does anyone know if there's an option in UAPP to turn off the display of each track name, if the screen is not already on?
Thanks!

Weird...mine does not do that. I tried skipping some songs just now to make sure and it never causes my phone screen to turn on (I was skipping tracks using the buttons on my Qudelix 5K). I am using a V60 and dont recall my S9 doing that either. I also checked my settings and notifications are not turned off. The only thing I always disable is album art on lock screen but besides that I dont think I changed anything. I usually fall asleep to music so that would drive me crazy. Hope you figure it out.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #3,999 of 6,188
Thanks!
Nor does mine ... perhaps it is some other app that might be triggering that notification.

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #4,000 of 6,188
Nor does mine ... perhaps it is some other app that might be triggering that notification.

My LG V30 is rooted, and running LinageOS.
Found the OS setting that was causing the screen to come on, and display each track name.
Settings > Display > Advanced > Ambient display > New notifications = ON
Setting New notifications = OFF causes the screen to stay off, as the tracks change.
But it also means that my Texting app won't wake the screen, and display new text messages...

Jul 25, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #4,001 of 6,188
Anyone experience a large volume drop with the latest UAPP build and the PEQ plugin? On my Fiio M15, normal volume for me is around 45ish but with PEQ enabled, I have to go past 80 for equivalent. I know there was a little bit of volume reduction to avoid clipping but not this large on previous UAPP versions. When I try regular EQ, it works the same as before so it is just the PEQ plugin. I can also confirm from the level meters that the volume has indeed been reduced to barely 3 bars with PEQ enabled. I also tried to disable auto level in PEQ options, but it has no effect.
Actually started happening to me the other day... thought I was doing something wrong, but the second I turn on PEQ volume drops substantially.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #4,003 of 6,188
in a perfect peq program, the loss in pre gain would correspond directly to the cummulative gain of your individual filter settings. IE, if you have a peaking filter on 2.5khz of +4db, the preamp should be set to -4db to avoid clipping.

Many PEQ programs don't have an adjustable pregain, and simply drop the pregain by a preset amount. IE if you have 12 db of adjustment for each filter, it'll set the preamp to -12db so you don't clip

Clearly, i prefer setting my own pregain, but some programs make it foolproof.

Jul 27, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #4,004 of 6,188
in a perfect peq program, the loss in pre gain would correspond directly to the cummulative gain of your individual filter settings. IE, if you have a peaking filter on 2.5khz of +4db, the preamp should be set to -4db to avoid clipping.

Many PEQ programs don't have an adjustable pregain, and simply drop the pregain by a preset amount. IE if you have 12 db of adjustment for each filter, it'll set the preamp to -12db so you don't clip

Clearly, i prefer setting my own pregain, but some programs make it foolproof.

At least for me, the change in volume was due to a newer version of UAPP. It worked well before, but now the volume is easily -10 dB lower with the same PEQ settings as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back