USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 20, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #3,962 of 6,181
Screenshot_20200620-233430.png

The new library option to ignore "the" prefix works as intended when sorting artists. "The Smiths" would be sorted in S instead of T

However it also pushes the prefix of artist name to behind a comma, looking quite odd and shows no album art for said artist. Two examples are shown in this screenshot.

Poweramp does the same thing flawlessly

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #3,963 of 6,181
I'm seriously considering purchasing UAPP to use its parametric equalizer with both my local library and tidal, but I have one question I haven't been able to answer by testing the trial version or searching this thread: How do you shuffle albums? I know you can switch to the next album with a swipe up on the art, but how can you make the order of albums random without shuffling the tracks? This is almost always what I do in other apps.

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #3,964 of 6,181
I'm seriously considering purchasing UAPP to use its parametric equalizer with both my local library and tidal, but I have one question I haven't been able to answer by testing the trial version or searching this thread: How do you shuffle albums? I know you can switch to the next album with a swipe up on the art, but how can you make the order of albums random without shuffling the tracks? This is almost always what I do in other apps.
Im trying to achieve the same thing no dice.

Jun 21, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #3,966 of 6,181
Screenshot_20200620-233430.png
The new library option to ignore "the" prefix works as intended when sorting artists. "The Smiths" would be sorted in S instead of T

However it also pushes the prefix of artist name to behind a comma, looking quite odd and shows no album art for said artist. Two examples are shown in this screenshot.

Poweramp does the same thing flawlessly
You have fantastic taste. Seldom see another Slint fan. 👍

Jun 21, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #3,967 of 6,181
@Davy Wentzler What happens when an MQA track is played on Fiio M11 (with newest mqa firmware installed) using coaxial out? UAPP says it's outputting the fully unfolded MQA stream but is it actually going to the external dac connected using coax?

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #3,968 of 6,181
A little off from all this MQA talk, how crazy is the idea of wanting UAPP to handle podcasts. Some great mixes are available as podcasts these days.

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #3,974 of 6,181
Hi all, I am new with this DAP thing and currently playing my music with sony a105 with TIDAL streaming via UAPP to DAC but as I read through this forum, it could not unfold MQA file properly.
The Fiio M11 or M11 pro can unfold MQA to 8x with the new update. If I just played my music through UAPP to DAC, will it make a huge differences between M11 and M11 pro in sound (clarity, soundstage, etc) or it is not so much? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back