USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 11, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #3,931 of 6,188
I've been getting "Error in getStreamURL():" when i try to stream from Tidal since yesterday. I updated my Oneplus 7 Pro(EU) to 10.0.6G21BA and after that i think this started to happen. I have cleaned cache through recovery, reinstalled UAPP and tried to stream without any changes to settings. Nothing seems to work. Is this a known issue?
Edit: All seems to be working again.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #3,933 of 6,188
Screenshot_20200611-174056.jpg

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,934 of 6,188
There was a UAPP notification on my screen this morning, saying that Tidal was working to fix something.

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #3,935 of 6,188
I've been getting "Error in getStreamURL():" when i try to stream from Tidal since yesterday. I updated my Oneplus 7 Pro(EU) to 10.0.6G21BA and after that i think this started to happen. I have cleaned cache through recovery, reinstalled UAPP and tried to stream without any changes to settings. Nothing seems to work. Is this a known issue?
Edit: All seems to be working again.
Seems to be a problem with Tidal. The native Tidal app was also very slow in loading and through Uapp I kept getting the same error. But it got working after multiple tries.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #3,937 of 6,188
Seems to be a problem with Tidal. The native Tidal app was also very slow in loading and through Uapp I kept getting the same error. But it got working after multiple tries.
Good to know. I was able to stream from Tidal app without problems though. It was a good reminder how much better sounding and louder UAPP is.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #3,938 of 6,188
I have an LG V30 and want to test the MQA capability of my ifi ZEN DAC. I purchased UAPP as it states that MQA decoding is free for LG phones, including the V30. Yet when I play an MQA file stored in my phone with UAPP attached to the ZEN DAC. I am required to pay an additional amount to play the file. Is this the correct - why does it list free decoding for LG phones on Google Play? is the payment for each MQA track and for different DACS? Or is it one on-off additional payment?

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #3,939 of 6,188
I have an LG V30 and want to test the MQA capability of my ifi ZEN DAC. I purchased UAPP as it states that MQA decoding is free for LG phones, including the V30. Yet when I play an MQA file stored in my phone with UAPP attached to the ZEN DAC. I am required to pay an additional amount to play the file. Is this the correct - why does it list free decoding for LG phones on Google Play? is the payment for each MQA track and for different DACS? Or is it one on-off additional payment?
MQA is natively supported on the LG V30 so playback with its DACs is free. I don't know if the ZEN DAC supports MQA or not, but if you are using the core decoder then you must pay one time fee for it.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #3,940 of 6,188
Jun 12, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #3,941 of 6,188
Just realized something today in my inexperienced MQA listening habits. I was listening to a Rolling Stones album on MQA, and had the same album on high-res Flac. Went from one to another for dinner time and realized they are two absolutely different mixes. The MQA sounded more lively, more up to date, not only in the sound but also in the technique.
I. Finally. Understood. Why. MQA. Sounds. "Better". When. Compared.
It's because they are not truly the same album...

Jun 13, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #3,942 of 6,188
:smile: :smile:
Welcome on earth. :))
You're right with.
That's the main problem with streaming, but also with all other recorded stuff.

Many more to discover. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back