USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 3, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #4,021 of 6,156
Following on from previous threads does anyone have any recommendations for software I can use on my home set-up to get MQA playing from Tidal with a ZenDac ? I had an old JRiver version, but I never really got on with that and I would have to pay for an update so it could be a chance to use something else. What I am after is a basic media player that with work with Windows 10 and Tidal and the ZenDac and play Tidal Masters as MQA without issues. Does such a player exist ?
Many thanks all.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #4,022 of 6,156
Hi All, I'm using UAPP today to play music stored on a MoodeAudio server (DLNA) I can add individual tracks to the playlist OK.

But I don't have a "three dots" option next to album folders so I can't add whole albums only single tracks, can anybody help please or is this UI feature broken at the moment.

My Android devices are LG V30 and Cayin N6ii
Don't worry, I found an option that fixed it. "when tapping track in album view queue whole album" Not sure why it didn't work before but its OK now.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #4,023 of 6,156
Following on from previous threads does anyone have any recommendations for software I can use on my home set-up to get MQA playing from Tidal with a ZenDac ? I had an old JRiver version, but I never really got on with that and I would have to pay for an update so it could be a chance to use something else. What I am after is a basic media player that with work with Windows 10 and Tidal and the ZenDac and play Tidal Masters as MQA without issues. Does such a player exist ?
Many thanks all.
Pretty sure the only software that fits the bill for Win10 and does the Core decoder would be Audirvana, Amarra, Roon or Tidal Desktop.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #4,024 of 6,156
Btw, any recommendation for Win10 music player (audirvana, roon, etc) as I plan output to a dac via USB. I have mostly flac files and some DSD and dont really need filters or conversion/resampling of the files.

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #4,026 of 6,156
Btw, any recommendation for Win10 music player (audirvana, roon, etc) as I plan output to a dac via USB. I have mostly flac files and some DSD and dont really need filters or conversion/resampling of the files.

They both offer trials so I would check it out for yourself. I am in the middle of my Roon trial. I tried Audirvana for a few days (wasn't really what I was looking for) and went to Roon (still in the middle of my trial). Roon defonitely has more features but obviously is not cheap.

I use mostly Qobuz and local FLAC files so can't comment on DSD. I am waiting for the Node 2i to be back in stock on Best Buy since that will be the next thing I try once my Room trial is over.

Audirvana seems to do a lot of what UAPP does on Android devices although I found i liked UAPP much more than Audirvana (even though they are different use cases and not really comparable).

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #4,030 of 6,156
Hi i have two questions

1) its my lg g7 playing correctly mqa on the uapp? (pic)
2) it is worth it to buy the ztella dac having the lg g7? (connected to my marantz 5012)

Attachments

• 116092943_10158395173948771_679534993902988910_o.jpg
    116092943_10158395173948771_679534993902988910_o.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 0
Aug 4, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #4,031 of 6,156
At the moment I am using my HipDac rather than a ZenDac. I was hoping to try out the MQA and then buy a ZenDac if I liked it. Does the ZenDac behave differently, because if I follow the Ifi youtube instructions I do not get MQA just 16/44. I have tried all the various combinations, but no joy. So is it the case that a ZenDac behaves differently to a HipDac in this situation. That seems unlikely to me as they are such similar devices.

Aug 18, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #4,033 of 6,156
I just started using UAPP on my M11, can anyone explain to me what enabling any of these would do?
EQ
Morphit
Crossfeed
Parametric EQ
Balance
Bitperfect

And is there anything else I should do settings wise?

Aug 19, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #4,035 of 6,156
I just started using UAPP on my M11, can anyone explain to me what enabling any of these would do?
EQ
Morphit
Crossfeed
Parametric EQ
Balance
Bitperfect

And is there anything else I should do settings wise?

Morphit is a headphone equalization external (commercial) plugin that can enhance sound or simulate different headphones. Here is a link to plugin description: https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_morphit_v1.html. It is similar to Sonarworks and Audeze Reveal+ but supports many different headphones. Before buying it you can check if your cans are on supported list first using the link above.

Search head-fi for headphone equalization to learn more about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back