USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 31, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #5,266 of 6,159
What DAC are you connecting your S4 tablet to? AFAIK / understand, UAPP works only within the OS of your device, so connecting your streaming input to your internal DAC, without additional resampling. If you're using the digital OTA connection with an external DAC, I'd presume that the output is the same as the source resolution and bit depth.

I'm using a Schiit Yggdrasil DAC which has the Unison USB upgrade. I would like to use the AES/EBU input of the Yggdrasil with the Iris DDC.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #5,267 of 6,159
Happy New Year @Davy Wentzler ,

I purchased HiBy RS6 specifically for playing upsampled WavPack files @ 705.6kHz (with a software called PGGB) but apparently UAPP could only handle that particular frequency as well as 768kHz with their flagship model R8

https://www.torachanblog.com/2021/11/hiby-rs6-darwin-r2r_10.html
jiABzLo.png

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...oid-music-player.958878/page-86#post-16662968
I tried uapp, but it doesn't do anything higher than 384.

With hiby own music app, I can do 768, which is insane!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...oid-music-player.958878/page-87#post-16664617
It does on the R8 😉

Basically 768kHz also worked with their own HiBy Music Professional Edition app that's installed on HiBy RS6 by default, therefore we shouldn't have any issues with software-related / hardware-related limitations at all.

Since it's actually confirmed to be working with HiBy R8 so far, would you please let me know if there were anything that could be provided for troubleshooting purposes?

FYI - here are some files for testing purposes

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/blogs/what-we-think/in-search-of-768khz
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoL_5Xx6L6PVgoRjxAWpSSuP9tuwnw?e=CuNs4k
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoL_5Xx6L6PVgoRf7_pY_ZJ2Yl9VXw?e=y15lu4

Many thanks.

Jan 1, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #5,268 of 6,159
@Davy Wentzler happy new year!

I have USBAPP on a Samsung Tab A 8" (2020) on Android 11.

Library > Select storage location doesn't list my SD card.

Folders > Add folder does see my SD card.

The app has the Storage permission enabled. I've restarted the device after inserting the card; and force stopped the app and cleared its data; no success.

How can I make the app add to my library from the external SD card?

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #5,269 of 6,159
@Davy Wentzler happy new year!

I have USBAPP on a Samsung Tab A 8" (2020) on Android 11.

Library > Select storage location doesn't list my SD card.

Folders > Add folder does see my SD card.

The app has the Storage permission enabled. I've restarted the device after inserting the card; and force stopped the app and cleared its data; no success.

How can I make the app add to my library from the external SD card?

Thanks!
When you select Folder option, UAPP must show a SD card icon on the up right corner. If you push it, it must leave you choose between the internal storage and the SD card.
IMG_20220102_182938.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #5,272 of 6,159
Is there a way to disable how UAPP turns the screen on everytime a new track is played to indicate which track is being played? I find this feature annoying.
First time I read about this :astonished:

Jan 6, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #5,273 of 6,159
Is there a way to disable how UAPP turns the screen on everytime a new track is played to indicate which track is being played? I find this feature annoying.

I'm pretty sure it's a phone setting, rather than a UAPP setting. I had the issue last year, when I switched from an LG V30 to an LG V35. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the fix was - but if you search for posts by me in this thread, you should find the answer that worked for me.

Jan 7, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #5,274 of 6,159
I'm pretty sure it's a phone setting, rather than a UAPP setting. I had the issue last year, when I switched from an LG V30 to an LG V35. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the fix was - but if you search for posts by me in this thread, you should find the answer that worked for me.

Look for "Ambient" or "Ambient Notifications" in the settings for the phone.

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #5,275 of 6,159
I know it's not a huge QoL life feature, but being able to select a custom image as a background instead of black, dark grey or coloured. would give us the option to spice up the app.

just a thought.

Jan 9, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #5,276 of 6,159
Sorry to be that guy (that of a small bunch of AR ar-m2 dap owners but proud UAPP owner at my phone), but any chance to get a uapp for it that works with its old android os and run Tidal and Qobuz as flawlessly as with my phone? Wouldn't mind paying for a second license just for the dap.

I cancelled my Tidal subscription the day after it stopped working on my ar-m2 player, went for Qobuz but it doesn't work as good as the first: can't select nor play most of the albums and my lists play at a lower quality.

Jan 9, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #5,277 of 6,159
Sorry to be that guy (that of a small bunch of AR ar-m2 dap owners but proud UAPP owner at my phone), but any chance to get a uapp for it that works with its old android os and run Tidal and Qobuz as flawlessly as with my phone? Wouldn't mind paying for a second license just for the dap.

I cancelled my Tidal subscription the day after it stopped working on my ar-m2 player, went for Qobuz but it doesn't work as good as the first: can't select nor play most of the albums and my lists play at a lower quality.
What Android version does it have? UAPP apparently requires 5.0 and up. I can just still use it on my FiiO X5III that has Android 5.1.

You could try older versions of UAPP but it may not validate the install with Google Play or you might not be able to log in to Tidal or Qobuz (note: I do not have any experience with Qobuz).

I have an older Tegra tablet with UAPP that is stuck at Android 4.3 but it had previously been working with UAPP 5.9.9.9 or possibly a slightly earlier version. It opens the app just fine but it will not log in to Tidal. It says that username and password are incorrect when they are definitely correct. The Google servers just don't seem to want to work with older Android with certain apps.

On the other hand, with this same Tegra tablet, Neutron Player still works and updates as does Spotify and Spotify Lite (Both Spotifys are stuck at older versions and will not update but they still work). In fact, I have a really old Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 that, the last time I checked a few months ago, still works with Spotify (a really old Spotify version 2.XX that it's stuck at--no album art will show--and this Samsung itself is stuck at Gingerbread Android 2.3.6!).

Anyway, you can just try experimenting around and you may get lucky, otherwise you just may be stuck with Spotify for streaming or just playing local files from what ever installed player(s) you have.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #5,278 of 6,159

You need to root the ar-m2 to be able to install google store and allow uapp install.
Funny the ar players are just a custom branded uapp already that would stream tidal and Qobuz if the tokens hadn’t expired a while back. Check the ar-m2 thread for the details on how to hack it.

Jan 11, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #5,279 of 6,159
Thanks. That did the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back