USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 24, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #5,251 of 6,187
Thanks- I will try that and report back. I learn something every day here!
Ok tried that using R8 and no go- I get the message ‘failed to find HiRes DAC.’

My usual settings have Android Audio to ‘Device native sample rate’ and ‘internal hires audio’ ‘Bit perfect’= ‘when possible’. Upsampling settings are irrelevant to the issue. If I change the above settings I get the problem noted in para 1 above. Settings as is will allow play everything but when I try to select EQ I am told ‘Bit perfect mode!’ (! not mine).

Dec 24, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #5,253 of 6,187
Do we have an update on uapp for the dx240, and being able to detect hi res driver for full mqa unfold?
They have sent me a beta app but no full mqa unfold.

Dec 24, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #5,256 of 6,187
Does anyone know how to set the volume the same throughout all tracks? When listening to Black Sabbath masters of reality the volume is very inconsistent. For instance on Sweat Leaf I have to turn the volume up from 58 to 75. It's a big difference. I'm sure it's just how the album is recorded so I figured setting the volume throughout would help. If anyone could shed some light on this issue it would be appreciated! Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!

Dec 25, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #5,257 of 6,187
Does anyone know how to set the volume the same throughout all tracks? When listening to Black Sabbath masters of reality the volume is very inconsistent. For instance on Sweat Leaf I have to turn the volume up from 58 to 75. It's a big difference. I'm sure it's just how the album is recorded so I figured setting the volume throughout would help. If anyone could shed some light on this issue it would be appreciated! Thanks and have a Merry Christmas!
ReplayGain in album mode will level tracks across an album, but still keep the dynamic range.

Dec 26, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #5,258 of 6,187
I like the UI in UAPP, it looks fresher with full view text with no cut off. But the artwork now looks like a thumbnail, is there anyway of making it look larger?

Dec 26, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #5,259 of 6,187
I like the UI in UAPP, it looks fresher with full view text with no cut off. But the artwork now looks like a thumbnail, is there anyway of making it look larger?
If you open the track view, the artwork is big enough (about 50% of the screen)

Dec 29, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #5,260 of 6,187
Do we have an update on uapp for the dx240, and being able to detect hi res driver for full mqa unfold?
Recent new version v6.0.4.1 gives support for dx240 (no MQA). Please update..

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #5,261 of 6,187
I use UAPP bypass audio with Avani dongle and it worked fine. But when I switch to youtube, It didn't recognize my Dongle anymore and use my external speakers of my phone instead, anyway I can fix that and use Avani both with UAPP and Youtube simultaneously? Thx!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #5,262 of 6,187
1. You can't use them simultaneosly (both apps open). The other should be close (conflict of using the device). One device one app.

2. If you want to use YT with your DAC. When inserting the DAC, close the Pop-Up window of UAPP by answering "CANCEL" and proceed.

3. If you were using UAPP and then switched to YT. You need to go to Settings->System and tick the option "Release USB audio driver on Home" . Some apps need exlusive access to a device inorder to work. Sometimes this exclusive access remain even you close the app. Thereby limiting other apps to access the USB device.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #5,264 of 6,187
A question. I'm using a Galaxy S4 tablet. When I play ripped CD 16-bit 44.1kHz redbook music files (WAV format) with the Toneboosters EQ also running, is the USB output also 16 bits? I know Bit Perfect is being disabled, but does UAPP still put out 24 bit samples?

Dec 31, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #5,265 of 6,187
What DAC are you connecting your S4 tablet to? AFAIK / understand, UAPP works only within the OS of your device, so connecting your streaming input to your internal DAC, without additional resampling. If you're using the digital OTA connection with an external DAC, I'd presume that the output is the same as the source resolution and bit depth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back