USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 11, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #5,281 of 6,188
Any further details for the iBasso DX240? Tidal or Qobuz streaming still not working. No MQA as well.

Jan 12, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #5,282 of 6,188

I have tried Neutron (demo version), same behavior as UAPP. However, Neutron is able to add a network folder (using Samba) to its library, scanning it as if it was a local library, and it has an option to split multi-disc albums in two separate entries. This solves the problem. But I'd rather use UAPP that has a much more pleasant UI. Is there any workaround for UAPP ? Can UAPP handle network folders in a similar was as Neutron ? Looks like UAPP can access network folders but just as a browser, you cannot add folders to the library.
Sorry if I bring up this "old" question, but I would like to solve the same problem...
My large library is on NAS shared with samba, but UAPP allows me to browse files only in folder mode ... while Neutron (demo) scans the files and allows me to select them by genre or artist etc as if they were local files.
Is there any possibility of doing it with UAPP too? I find it better with the interface and the sound but I really need to easily navigate all my files.
Or do you have a suggestion for a bitperfect application that can do this bypassing Android stack on my Hiby R6.2020? I have already tried HibyMusic, Onkio HiFi, PowerAmp ...
Thanks for your help!

Jan 12, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #5,283 of 6,188
Sorry if I bring up this "old" question, but I would like to solve the same problem...
My large library is on NAS shared with samba, but UAPP allows me to browse files only in folder mode ... while Neutron (demo) scans the files and allows me to select them by genre or artist etc as if they were local files.
Is there any possibility of doing it with UAPP too? I find it better with the interface and the sound but I really need to easily navigate all my files.
Or do you have a suggestion for a bitperfect application that can do this bypassing Android stack on my Hiby R6.2020? I have already tried HibyMusic, Onkio HiFi, PowerAmp ...
Thanks for your help!
What kind of upnp\ dlna software do you use on the NAS?

Jan 12, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #5,284 of 6,188
What kind of upnp\ dlna software do you use on the NAS?
I'm actually not using upnp/DLNA but only direct samba sharing... since my NAS does not work properly in upnp/DLNA (I can only see a tenth of the files...)
I know that samba is a more basic sharing but I was impressed with Neutron's network-scan and thought UAPP did it the same way.

Jan 12, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #5,285 of 6,188
I'm actually not using upnp/DLNA but only direct samba sharing... since my NAS does not work properly in upnp/DLNA (I can only see a tenth of the files...)
I know that samba is a more basic sharing but I was impressed with Neutron's network-scan and thought UAPP did it the same way.

Have you tried Minimserver on your NAS for UPnP? I find it works very well and gives you genre, artist, album... etc.

Jan 12, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #5,286 of 6,188
Thanks for the response.
I must say that mine is not really a NAS: I have an old modem with USB sharing to which a 2tb hd with the music library is attached. But until I made up my mind to use a bitperfect chain, everything was fine with me.
Now that I have got a Hiby R6.2020 for my HD650 I have found that the apps that access the samba shared library do not actually scan the tags and even choosing a classical music album becomes challenging... Unless I start changing the whole organization of the folders of my "infinite" FLAC !!!
The idea of Neutron is very good and simple... why HibyMusic or UAPP does not the same?
sorry for my sad whimpering... :dt880smile:

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #5,287 of 6,188
Could it be that MQA playback does not work (any longer) on the iBasso DX300?
The app indicates that an in-app purchase is necessary.

The song plays correctly on my FiiO M11 Pro without the in-app purchase message appearing.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #5,288 of 6,188
Why can't UUAP find a folder that I directly aim scan to scan? I bought a CD from ebay, ripped it to files and put them intro a folder under the bands name, which contains other band albums. I go to scan, add folders, click +, Select storage location:, Internal storage (it's a samsung no memory card), Music, band name, new album folder. and at the bottom click USE THIS FOLDER AND IT'S STILL NOT FOUND!

Poweramp found the new music without doing anything.

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #5,290 of 6,188
Jan 15, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #5,292 of 6,188
Is there a reason I am unable to install Wavelet, UAPP, poweramp, etc to my Astell and Kern SR25? Wavelet just says 'App not installed' when I hit install, UAPP and poweramp prompt for the install and then say "There was a problem parsing the package". I'm really annoyed right now because the native EQ for this DAP is not very customizable, and just trying to find an EQ app that I can customize. I'm using XAPK Installer to install these. So far only Tidal and Spotify have successfully installed.
Android version may be too old.

Jan 15, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #5,293 of 6,188

Users who are viewing this thread

Back