USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Apr 20, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #6,151 of 6,177
Apr 20, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #6,153 of 6,177
Apr 20, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #6,154 of 6,177
Probably... But for now it doesn't seem there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

By the way, would you happen to know if there is a place where it is possible to download successive releases because I think the older versions happened to work better than the newer ones :frowning2:

Regards.
Wouldn't hold your breath on that. Anywhere you'd try and look (say with a Google search) will just be flooded with seedy mod apks (that won't work). The license checker is also super demanding about only the latest app version (and play store services) being installed.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #6,155 of 6,177
Does UApp even do DSD or upsample? I have been messing around with it for months and I dont think it has the ability . Let me know if I'm wrong and just hitting the wrong settings.

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #6,156 of 6,177
Does UApp even do DSD or upsample? I have been messing around with it for months and I dont think it has the ability . Let me know if I'm wrong and just hitting the wrong settings.
Device dependent, but it natively plays back .dsf files for me, and there is also a separate upsampling section, which would not apply to DSD files, but upsample all PCM to maximum supported rate (or maximum supported rate that is an integer multiple of source rate).

These options are found in both settings-> Internal HiRes Audio, and settings-> USB Audio.

Shouldn't take months to find but w/e

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #6,159 of 6,177
Does anyone else have this issue? I have very bad battery drain playing music (MQA) on my LG-V40.
You are quoting a post which is more than 2 years old :)

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #6,160 of 6,177

Its does DSD. But no upsamples.

If you mean format convert to DSD and/or upsample, try ONKYO HF. Will do format convert and upsample upto DSD128.

Apr 30, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #6,161 of 6,177
Hey everyone, this is my first post on here. When using uapp on a s21u with galaxy buds 2 pro's (use with bt output enabled), attempting to turn on/off dobly atmos pops up with a message talking about sound effects being unavailable due to the source being 32bits. Does this mean I'm getting the "Direct" driver with Samsung's SSC codec? Of course, I also have hd650s and a dac/amp setup at home. But for mobile, I just like knowing that I'm getting the best audio quality on android. Thanks!

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #6,162 of 6,177
Hey everyone, this is my first post on here. When using uapp on a s21u with galaxy buds 2 pro's (use with bt output enabled), attempting to turn on/off dobly atmos pops up with a message talking about sound effects being unavailable due to the source being 32bits. Does this mean I'm getting the "Direct" driver with Samsung's SSC codec? Of course, I also have hd650s and a dac/amp setup at home. But for mobile, I just like knowing that I'm getting the best audio quality on android. Thanks!
Lots of factors here:

Dolby Atmos processing forces 16 bits / 48 kHz (as far as I know).

Samsung's Scalable Codec, in practice is anywhere from 88-512 kbps, I don't buy the marketing pitch that it ever reaches 2304 kbps (full bitrate for 24 bit / 48 kHz). Just like LDAC rarely keeps its full bitrate of 990 kbps once you move the paired devices further than 30cm apart (it tends to immediately drop to 660 or lower).

UAPP has an option in "internal hires audio"
-Use with Bluetooth output
-Although BT does not use the HiRes chip, audio may arrive cleaner before it is sent to the BT receiver. Does not work on every device.

I say set that option in UAPP, leave dolby atmos off, and just enjoy the music from hereon out.

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #6,163 of 6,177
Lots of factors here:

Dolby Atmos processing forces 16 bits / 48 kHz (as far as I know).

Samsung's Scalable Codec, in practice is anywhere from 88-512 kbps, I don't buy the marketing pitch that it ever reaches 2304 kbps (full bitrate for 24 bit / 48 kHz). Just like LDAC rarely keeps its full bitrate of 990 kbps once you move the paired devices further than 30cm apart (it tends to immediately drop to 660 or lower).

UAPP has an option in "internal hires audio"
-Use with Bluetooth output
-Although BT does not use the HiRes chip, audio may arrive cleaner before it is sent to the BT receiver. Does not work on every device.

I say set that option in UAPP, leave dolby atmos off, and just enjoy the music from hereon out.
True, however I wasn't interesting in turning on dolby atmos. I cannot even turn it on, since most of the sound quality settings seem to be disabled when using uapp. I was just curious if that means that it's using the hi res direct driver. Or at least close to it.

And yeah, I feel like 512kbps is probably more realistic with the buds. Not expecting much for critical listening, but I feel like it's better than spotify? Maybe placebo? Either way I'm enjoying it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_200859_Sound quality and effects.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_200859_Sound quality and effects.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #6,164 of 6,177
True, however I wasn't interesting in turning on dolby atmos. I cannot even turn it on, since most of the sound quality settings seem to be disabled when using uapp. I was just curious if that means that it's using the hi res direct driver. Or at least close to it.

And yeah, I feel like 512kbps is probably more realistic with the buds. Not expecting much for critical listening, but I feel like it's better than spotify? Maybe placebo? Either way I'm enjoying it!
Ah, I see! I wasn't sure what was giving you a warning, thought it was UAPP, but it was the OS. Yeah I'd definitely say you're getting the most direct path. How kind of it to stay clear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back