USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 23, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #6,121 of 6,159
As a wise man once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :) The defaults should be fine for most circumstances.
Agreed. Thing is I've had this for several years and I may have made changes when it was acting up years ago. I will however leave everything as is unless someone can tell me specific adjustments that are known to be best. Thanks

Feb 24, 2024 at 4:59 AM Post #6,122 of 6,159
Most of my listing is Qobuz streamed over Wi-Fi to a non-activated Android smartphone (in airplane mode) with all apps turned off except the bare minimum to make it work. I connect it to my DDC with a USB on the go cable. My player is USB Audio Player Pro. I see there are settings for network buffer size, network chunk size and another buffer size in a different category of settings. I have no idea how to optimize these settings. It's working fine but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better. If anyone out there is using UAPP and has a good understanding of what these settings do and how to set them, I'd appreciate it if they would share them with me. Thanks
How to you stream over wi-fi when the phone is in aeroplane mode? I use a similar set up in my bedroom system and I'm interested in optimising the old phone I use there.

Feb 24, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #6,123 of 6,159
How to you stream over wi-fi when the phone is in aeroplane mode? I use a similar set up in my bedroom system and I'm interested in optimising the old phone I use there.
Airplane mode turns off cell, wifi and BT radios. Then while it is on you can active individual BT or wifi or both. It basically is just an all off or all on toggle, not a hard cut. So if you don't turn it off it will stay stay in airplane mode with those two things on.

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #6,124 of 6,159
Good morning, I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to solve two problems that bother me when using UAPP.

I have this configuration:
-Xiaomi 11 s smartphone with "purchased UAPP" used as "remote control"
- Zidoo Z9X with purchased UAPP and purchased UPnP Renderer used as source, connected to the network via cable.
- I use a USB audio connection connected to an SMSL 200 DAC

Isuee 1:

I managed to manage everything from the smartphone following your indication by setting the correct Cast.

I purchased a license to unlock the cast usingUPn PRenderer as the choice, but unfortunately I saw that if I exit the UAPP part from the smartphone, when I return it has lost the settings returning with the Cast in "LOCAL", and it no longer sees UPNP Renderer even if is still active on the Zidoo side.

So I have to turn everything off and start again in this sequence:

I turn on the Zidoo, wait for the end of the boot

I turn on the DAC and see the UAPP app on the Zidoo open

I open UAPP on the smartphone and set the Cast.

Everything is ok if I don't touch the smartphone anymore.

How can I freeze/remember/fix settings on Cast on the smarphone ?

Isuee 2:

after a few days of correct functioning the UAPP became unstable, frequent interruptions and loss of control due to the crash of the source side UPnp Renderder, in this case the Zidoo.

Does anyone know any settings to make the system more stable?

Thank you

Giovanni

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #6,125 of 6,159
Is anyone else having skipping and usb errors while playing local files either on Shanling UA3 or iBasso DC04 Pro?

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #6,126 of 6,159
I recently bought the app but I am having problems with the genre tagging.

On my windows pc i use Musicbee which allows me to tag with multiple genres like this:
genre.PNG

It works great with musicbee, the Albums/Tracks appear in all the genres i tagged them. But with UAPP it combines all the tagged genres to 1 genre so it looks like this:

Screenshot_20240306-153817.png

Is there any way to make it work in UAPP like it does in musicbee?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #6,127 of 6,159
It works as expected here, also set up in MusicBee.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #6,128 of 6,159
Well, its not only the genres, its also the artists:

Screenshot_20240306-174228.png

Is there a setting im not finding? Do i need to use different tags so the app can properly seperate stuff?

All the genres and artists are seperated with a ";" in the tags, that usually works with most audio players i tried. As it is right now it is unusable for me ... :upside_down:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #6,130 of 6,159
Try mp3tag
Well, mp3tag shows a "\\" when you tag something with ";" in Musicbee, but after some googling that just seems to be a different way of displaying it anyway, if i look into the "extended tags" it looks correctly tagged, both artists and genres are in there.

Seems to me like UAPP just cant properly handle multiple tags, thats disappointing.

Mar 6, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #6,131 of 6,159
Well, mp3tag shows a "\\" when you tag something with ";" in Musicbee, but after some googling that just seems to be a different way of displaying it anyway, if i look into the "extended tags" it looks correctly tagged, both artists and genres are in there.

Seems to me like UAPP just cant properly handle multiple tags, thats disappointing.

You could contact the developer at info@extreamsd.com and provide a copy of one of your multi-tagged files.
Davy is usually quick to reply, and will let you know whether UAPP can parse that style of tag.

Mar 6, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #6,132 of 6,159
I don't think there's ever been multiple genre support in UAPP. Nothing in its options point to it, nor is there anything close to or resembling Poweramp's split character selector.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #6,133 of 6,159
hi all, just installed this on a Shanling M3X. when seeking within a track (16bit FLAC) is it normal behavior for the progress bar to skip to the end before seeking to the correct spot? it will also play a fraction of a second of audio before playing the correct timestamp so its a bit jarring. i tried using different buffer sizes (400 and 600ms) but the issue persists. thanks
Hello,
I have the same problem. I searched the whole thread but found no solution / answer, maybe someone can tell me if it is normal? I am using a Fiio M11 Pro and Fido M15S with the same behavior.
Many thanks.

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #6,135 of 6,159
I see a lot of contradiction on the availability question of a 6 band PEQ (like UAPP) on an iPhone (13). I'm using TIDAL and an external DAC. Not interested in a fixed freq EQ or a 3 or 4 band PEQ that forces you to use a bass and treble shelf. I'll pay a fair price for a good option.

Not interested in an analog fixed freq EQ (even 31 band), and analog PEQ's are quite pricey - so that's out it seems too.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back