USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 31, 2024 at 10:18 PM Post #6,092 of 6,188
I don't know of any way of adding them within UAPP so I use Musixmatch and QuickLyric apps.

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #6,093 of 6,188
I don't know of any way of adding them within UAPP so I use Musixmatch and QuickLyric apps.
I don't think it's possible from the app itself. Once you have the lyrics from another source, you can use my favorite tagging program mp3Tag to add the lyrics in the UnsyncedLyrics tag. The newest versions of mp3Tag have a built-in display panel for that tag by default so you can just paste in the lyrics in one step w/o having to open the UnsyncedLyrics tag in a separate panel, which takes three steps.

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #6,094 of 6,188
After the latest update DSD from upnp only plays left channel? anyone else?

Edit: left channel on ibasso dc04 pro and on shanling H2 static noise

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #6,096 of 6,188
I'm testing the Demo version of the UPnP functionality on UAPP and I can correctly see and play music on my Chord Poly connected to my Mojo 2.

All the commands work: Play, pause, stop, forward, backward, however the transport progress bar does not respond if dragged and the position of the music being played does not change.

I don't know if this is a limitation of the demo or not.

I also tried with BubbleUPnP and the progress bar responds correctly to the command when dragged

Feb 7, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #6,097 of 6,188
I'm testing the Demo version of the UPnP functionality on UAPP and I can correctly see and play music on my Chord Poly connected to my Mojo 2.

All the commands work: Play, pause, stop, forward, backward, however the transport progress bar does not respond if dragged and the position of the music being played does not change.

I don't know if this is a limitation of the demo or not.

I also tried with BubbleUPnP and the progress bar responds correctly to the command when dragged
No limitation of the demo.

I have the full version and it happens.

I think the problem is the way the receiver handles the message... and what info is given in return.

The problem is that there are too many parameters and UAPP will either work with your device or chances are it will never be fixed... Not because the developr is of no good will, but because it is too complicated to adapt to each hardware specificities...

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #6,098 of 6,188
No limitation of the demo.

I have the full version and it happens.

I think the problem is the way the receiver handles the message... and what info is given in return.

The problem is that there are too many parameters and UAPP will either work with your device or chances are it will never be fixed... Not because the developr is of no good will, but because it is too complicated to adapt to each hardware specificities...
This identical problem also occurs with Audirvana always via UPnP with Poly, while it does not happen on Roon where the transport bar works correctly.... it's a mystery

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #6,099 of 6,188
Is there a way to run UAPP on an android player and disable google play services so it doesn’t drain battery?

Feb 11, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #6,100 of 6,188
Will there be any performance improvement (especially with the Toneboosters EQ) if the UAPP files and music files are transferred from an old Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 to run on a new Galaxy Tab S9? The new S9 processor is 3 1/2 times faster than the S4 and uses a new version of the Android operating system. Will there be any compatibility problems?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #6,101 of 6,188
Is there a way to run UAPP on an android player and disable google play services so it doesn’t drain battery?
UAPP uses Google Play to evaluate your licence (Every week?? forgot).

Feb 11, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #6,102 of 6,188
I wasn't aware that UAPP uses Google Play Services (thanks for the info) but you could try running UAPP then going into Android's Settings / Apps, find Play Services and force stop it.

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #6,103 of 6,188
I wasn't aware that UAPP uses Google Play Services (thanks for the info) but you could try running UAPP then going into Android's Settings / Apps, find Play Services and force stop it.
Yes, tried that! It works ok for a while then suddenly throws an error about google services needing to be enabled in order to continue to run…

Feb 11, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #6,104 of 6,188
Yes, periodically (forgot the time interval) UAPP check your license if valid or not, thru Google Play.

Feb 14, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #6,105 of 6,188
Hey there, I can't seem to find any info about this - does this UAPP allow you to create something like categories for your local files as well as Tidal albums? For example, I want to creat categories like "Cavernous Death Metal", "Old School Death Metal", etc, and have various albums added to each category. Just looking for an app that allows me to manage my albums better, both local and from Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back