USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 16, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #6,107 of 6,159
Hi all,
I didn't find any solution to my problem in this thread so sorry if it has already been solved.
I noticed that first 1 or 2 seconds of tracks are missed in UAPP, and noticed that this happens only in some cases :
- when starting the app,
- when the track is on pause
- when switching to a track that has different (higher as well as lower) bitrate or sample rate. When switching to a track that has same bitrate and sample rate, the change is smooth and nothing's missing.
I face this problem on my Cayin N7 and curious enough, it also seems to happen on other apps (Neutron, Poweramp, Cayin / Hiby).
I played around with the settings of UAPP but couldn't find any solution yet.
Only solution for now is after switching track, restart the same song to have the first notes.
Has anyone encountered this problem yet ? Thank you 🙏

Feb 16, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #6,108 of 6,159
Actually I noticed that earlier. I haven't had time to investigate it, I assumed it was a bug in the latest version and will get fixed soon.

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #6,110 of 6,159
Hi all,
I didn't find any solution to my problem in this thread so sorry if it has already been solved.
I noticed that first 1 or 2 seconds of tracks are missed in UAPP, and noticed that this happens only in some cases :
- when starting the app,
- when the track is on pause
- when switching to a track that has different (higher as well as lower) bitrate or sample rate. When switching to a track that has same bitrate and sample rate, the change is smooth and nothing's missing.
I face this problem on my Cayin N7 and curious enough, it also seems to happen on other apps (Neutron, Poweramp, Cayin / Hiby).
I played around with the settings of UAPP but couldn't find any solution yet.
Only solution for now is after switching track, restart the same song to have the first notes.
Has anyone encountered this problem yet ? Thank you 🙏
When you have opened UAPP, try going into:

settings/USB audio tweaks/Buffer size

Change this to a higher setting. Should work 🤞

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #6,111 of 6,159
When you have opened UAPP, try going into:

settings/USB audio tweaks/Buffer size

Change this to a higher setting. Should work 🤞
Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately it doesn't work for me, I tried 600ms and 32768 frames.
I send an email to the support, they seem quiet responsive. I'll let you know if I have some solution to share.

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #6,112 of 6,159
Sorry, mis-posted.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #6,113 of 6,159
What are the UAPP settings I need to know to reduce battery drain if I’m just playing local FLAC

Feb 19, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #6,114 of 6,159
What are the UAPP settings I need to know to reduce battery drain if I’m just playing local FLAC
As far as I am aware there aren't any settings as such. The fact you'll be able to play local files without the need for WiFi/mobile data to be switched on will reduce battery drain.

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #6,115 of 6,159
Try investing on a TASK Manager that will regularly "Kill" apps that are needed during startup and in regular intervals to save battery power and allocate more processing to running apps.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #6,116 of 6,159
No idea how heavily animations hit the CPU/Battery department nowadays, but disabling those in UAPP's UI options could be worthwhile.

Only other options that come to mind are: forcing black color background, disabling any forced upsampling, and making sure 'keep screen on' stays disabled.

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #6,117 of 6,159
Can't use the (paid) UAPP on another Google account?

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #6,119 of 6,159
Most of my listing is Qobuz streamed over Wi-Fi to a non-activated Android smartphone (in airplane mode) with all apps turned off except the bare minimum to make it work. I connect it to my DDC with a USB on the go cable. My player is USB Audio Player Pro. I see there are settings for network buffer size, network chunk size and another buffer size in a different category of settings. I have no idea how to optimize these settings. It's working fine but that doesn't mean it couldn't be better. If anyone out there is using UAPP and has a good understanding of what these settings do and how to set them, I'd appreciate it if they would share them with me. Thanks

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #6,120 of 6,159
As a wise man once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :) The defaults should be fine for most circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back