USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 9, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #6,076 of 6,188
I think UAPP takes too much battery to use just for my Sony XM5 BT on the bus. Really not sure about alternatives, have always used UAPP, but mostly with a dongle and wired IEMs. Ideas?

Screenshot_uapp.jpg
Hi,
Maybe it depends on the settings you use.
I think if you use EQ or Morphit it takes more battery life.
And probably is you use ffmpeg conversion also.
Try to disable those.

If you're not looking into something that allows to apply EQ on a distant device you have quite numerous options.

Regards

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #6,077 of 6,188
Hi,
Maybe it depends on the settings you use.
I think if you use EQ or Morphit it takes more battery life.
And probably is you use ffmpeg conversion also.
Try to disable those.

If you're not looking into something that allows to apply EQ on a distant device you have quite numerous options.

Regards

EQ is off not sure how to disable ffmpeg so far.

Jan 9, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #6,079 of 6,188
I think UAPP takes too much battery to use just for my Sony XM5 BT on the bus. Really not sure about alternatives, have always used UAPP, but mostly with a dongle and wired IEMs. Ideas?

Screenshot_uapp.jpg
It's not UAPP per se that is chug-a-lugging the battery, it is Bluetooth, noise cancelation, and hi-res track sizes that whack the battery.

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #6,081 of 6,188
On pre 7.0.0.9 one could change tracks using the volume rocker on android phones. This seems to be broken on the current version. Can anyone please confirm this.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:07 PM Post #6,082 of 6,188
Hi,
The problem with UAPP is that the developer added features and some of them do not work properly.
I experience a lot of problems using UAPP to stream to my device. The problem may be the device but lately in 7.0.0.10 I can not even pause playback anymore when I could on 7.0.0.9
The other problem is, once updated you're screwed and there is no coming back to a previous version. Unless I have not seen that feature...

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #6,083 of 6,188
Hi,
The problem with UAPP is that the developer added features and some of them do not work properly.
I experience a lot of problems using UAPP to stream to my device. The problem may be the device but lately in 7.0.0.10 I can not even pause playback anymore when I could on 7.0.0.9
The other problem is, once updated you're screwed and there is no coming back to a previous version. Unless I have not seen that feature...

If you trust them, there are sites, like androidloading .com, that have older versions of UAPP to download.

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #6,085 of 6,188
Hi,
On which device(s) do you see these issues?

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #6,087 of 6,188
I just decided to try upnp/dnla stuff to add my j river setup to the library, and I'm glad I tested with a single track as it does not denote in the uapp library if the album/track is from a dnla source vs local so it all just looks the same and if you are not in your Lan you'll just get errors. I feel there really needs to be like an icon on the album art or next to it or something. Thoughts?

I also think we should just be able to tell it a network location (smb share etc) and let it scrape that too like local to not even have to deal with the upnp stuff if all you want to do is use uapp's library to manage stuff anyways. It also would need some icon to show its not local to. That is the two things this app is missing really.

Jan 23, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #6,088 of 6,188
Here's a question for long time UAPP users.... why does UAPP always give the message about allowing access to my DAC/AMP and a second message about not having been given 'record permissions'?? This happens every time I use the app (daily). I have given UAPP every 'permission' that Android allows me to, but 'record' wasn't one of them....

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #6,089 of 6,188
Good morning everyone and sorry in advance if the question I'm about to ask has already been answered. I have a problem (or maybe not...) with uapp on android (14), installed on raspberry pi 5. The system is connected via USB to the ifi nano idsd. It is possible that I have audio coming out of the ifi only if uapp is set to bit perfect (any source on uapp)? If I remove the perfect bit I have no audio. I tried different settings but nothing worked. Then, if I listen to songs on qobuz the ifi LED changes color adapting to the relevant sampling (e.g. 192/24 blue LED), while if I play a file stored at 192/24 or 44/16 etc., the LED of 'ifi always remains green? Thanks for your help

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:19 PM Post #6,090 of 6,188
Hi guys
I'm on a Pixel 6a on Android 14. When I connect my Apple USB dongle, the app ask me first to allow to access the USB c dongle and then open to handle the USB C dongle. Two questions.
Funny thing is that if I grant both access, I get no sound. But if I deny the first and grant the second, I get sound but at a softer volume vs what my memory recalls.
Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back