ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Oct 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #1,366 of 2,431
Quote:
I found Sig DJ available in the US for $699, so they are within reach for me if they are that good and different enough from M-100 that it makes sense to have both.  Fyi, Sig Pro is available here for $850.

Wow, I can understand what you mean by cost-benefit 'cos the pricing you guys have there are much better than here. I actually got the SigPros and Ed8 pricing off Moon-Audio and Ultrasone's pages respectively but I guess street price is much less. To me, based on those street prices for the Ultrasones, the M-100s should be more around the $500 mark (but don't give Val ideas :wink:).

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #1,367 of 2,431
Quote:
2 weeks back I had a direct comparison between the V-Moda M-100 and the SigPros and formed some preliminary conclusions then. However not being satisfied, I went back to the shops again this afternoon to re-confirm my findings. And initial findings from 2 weeks back haven't changed.

To me the SigPros are still more tonally balanced (or should I say "less coloured") than the M-100s where the SigPros trebles are still a little more forward than the M-100 and so are the mids. The bass on the other hand doesn't extend as deeply nor as forwardly as the M-100s. However, those to me aren't the main factors of where the SigPros champion over the M-100s since it's just really each individual's sonic preferences. Where the SigPros have an edge over the M-100s are in the finer details of resolution, imaging and soundstage. There's just something "classier" about its presentation. My feeling is the SigPro's S-Logic plays a significant part in this.

Interesting... since you also have the MDR-1Rs and they seem to be "brighter" or maybe even more "neutral" than the M100s, can you compare them to the Sig Pros? I expect the Sig Pros to come ahead in the same areas though... (i.e. finer details, imaging...)

My MDR-1R STILL haven't shipped! :frowning2: :frowning2:

(at least the M100s are on the way... in NY at this moment... fly across to the Caribbean already!!! :p)

Thanks.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #1,368 of 2,431
We all know to keep in mind that in this hobby the price goes up for incremental sonic improvements.

Oct 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,369 of 2,431
Quote:

Wow, I can understand what you mean by cost-benefit 'cos the pricing you guys have there are much better than here. I actually got the SigPros and Ed8 pricing off Moon-Audio and Ultrasone's pages respectively but I guess street price is much less. To me, based on those street prices for the Ultrasones, the M-100s should be more around the $500 mark (but don't give Val ideas :wink:).

you may try rmcaudio, they offer pretty good price

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #1,370 of 2,431
This might be a really stupid question, and I'll explain why, but how much difference is there between the signature pro and the beyer t50p in sound quality?

I am tempted to get the signature pro because of it's awesome sound quality, but I'm also really tempted to get the T50p because of it's size and portability. I will be listening to rock and metal with these, so I don't think soundstage matters that much for those genres. these are the things I mainly wanted to know:

1) How much difference is there between these two sonically. Will the signature pro sound a lot more Hifi and refined than the T50p, or is the T50p also refined. I found the M50 to be a bad headphone sonically, and it just wasn't refined to me, it sounded like a cheap can, s I'm looking for an improvement.

2) Will the signature pro be a lot more enjoyable for rock and metal? These are the main genres I listen to, so I wanted to know if the sig pro will sound a lot more engaging and alive than the T50p.

thanks,

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #1,371 of 2,431
I think I've posted in this thread before, but I just wanted some opinions. As I have said before, I'm looking for the "ultimate" closed headphone with good isolation and the best damn sound quality I can get from a portable headphone. From what I've read, the signature pro's seem to have the best sound quality you can get from a closed headphone. However, I listen only to rock and metal and not much else (a little bit of electonic, but 90% of the time it's rock/metal), so would these be the best choice for my genre? I heard a lot about it's clarity, speed, detail, resolution, bass, mids, etc. so I reckon these will be great for my genres. My budget is 1000 btw, RMC audio sells this for 850 I think. I'm also keeping a lookout on the new signature DJ.

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #1,372 of 2,431
What Rock 'genre' you listen to?
I've listened everything from Killswitch Engage, to Rush, to Taking Back Sunday, to Aerosmith, etc. and all sounds great to me. The warmer tilt makes the music (For me!) more engaging.

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #1,373 of 2,431
Quote:
This might be a really stupid question, and I'll explain why, but how much difference is there between the signature pro and the beyer t50p in sound quality?

I am tempted to get the signature pro because of it's awesome sound quality, but I'm also really tempted to get the T50p because of it's size and portability. I will be listening to rock and metal with these, so I don't think soundstage matters that much for those genres. these are the things I mainly wanted to know:

Basically I would recommend Sig pros over T50p. But if you do like the portability of T50p and want to save some money then I would recommend Beyer DT1350. Regarding sound signature DT1350 is close to Sig pro, but as the price suggest, it lacks the clarity and resolution of the latest. I find DT1350 sound more natural than that of T50p. As I recon T50p has wooly bass and it lacks mids while DT1350 has more neutral sound with every frequency range at it's place. As I see it, the Sig pro and DT1350 are more preferable in every genre than T50p.

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #1,375 of 2,431
Quote:
I listen mostly to metallica, nirvana, ACDC, audioslave, etc.

You should have NO PROBLEM listening to those on the Sig Pros!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back