Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
May 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #1,951 of 2,312
Quote:
Welcome to the Club!
The HFI-780's are a really great headphone, nice with velour pads as well.
beerchug.gif

They sure are!!! Just got my velour pads(Beyer's EDT 250V) in today! The only thing I did was separate the black cloth from the grey material on the circular inserts they provide so the S-Logic wouldn't be affected too much because of the thickness.  
beerchug.gif

May 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #1,952 of 2,312
Quote:
Welcome to the Club!
The HFI-780's are a really great headphone, nice with velour pads as well.
beerchug.gif

Thanks
beerchug.gif
 Listening to the HFI-780's on the radio at the moment and WFUV in New York is sounding fantastic. Its like listening on speakers in a private house with no worries about volume. Crystal clear euphoria.

I love the cord with the nice thick rubber like plastic which adds a certain stiff support. With some of my other headphones am always worried the cable has too much of a downward pull. There seems to be no pull when it comes to gravity even where I plug them into my Onkyo TX-8555 stereo receiver. Its like they're floating on air. 

They're fantastic for movies with every bit of dialogue and ambience coming in with stuff like The Evil Dead and the excellent LOST series.

The stock pads are quite agreeable with me but I might give the velour pads a try when they get worn out. Who knows when that might be.

May 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #1,953 of 2,312
Has anyone made any other modifications the HFI-780 in terms of comfort? Ive got the beyer velour pads on.. Was wondering if anyone has done anything the headband.. Like Re-cushioning it? I wanna do it, but dont know what to use?

May 30, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #1,954 of 2,312
The $12 eBay universal does not fit, there was a Ultrasone 700 comfort thread a long time ago, just search for it. I can't link it on the phone. They used an HD600 or 650 headband.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 30, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #1,955 of 2,312
Sorry for the late call, but I have been an Ultrasone fan for the last 2 or 3 months, it is them that really got me into this audiophile world.

Here are my Ultrasone collection so far:

Pro 2500
DJ1 Pro
Pro 750
Hfi 680
Hfi 780
Hfi 2400
Hfi H15G

My next targets would be the pro 900 and pro 2900

I want them all !!! :D

May 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #1,957 of 2,312
Quote:
thanks, found the thread :) ordering the headband now!! will post some pics up when i do it :)

Where did you get the headband?  I'm thinking of trying it on my Sig Pro............the only issue with the phones is maybe the headband could use some padding.   Nevermind - I'm waiting for a call back from Sennheiser though it would be good to find this part local in the US. 

May 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #1,958 of 2,312
Quote:
Where did you get the headband?  I'm thinking of trying it on my Sig Pro............the only issue with the phones is maybe the headband could use some padding.   Nevermind - I'm waiting for a call back from Sennheiser though it would be good to find this part local in the US. 

i got it from a website here in the UK http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-hd650-replacement-foam-headband-pad.html

shouldnt be a problem finding it in the US. heres the original thread too,
http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900 
in case anyone else is interested :D 

May 31, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #1,959 of 2,312
Here's an alternative for a velour headband and it comes with velour ear pads as well. Not sure if the ear pads will fit but the velour headband is pretty much the same size as the pleather one on my HFI 780's

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4835&idCategory=322

I can't seem to find the hd650 headband on any website :frowning2:

May 31, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #1,960 of 2,312
Nice find Airrick10!

If you are in the US just contact Sennheiser US support and they will sell you a headband.

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #1,961 of 2,312
Quote:
Nice find Airrick10!

If you are in the US just contact Sennheiser US support and they will sell you a headband.

Thanks TD! I'll see if I can contact them and inquire about buying the headband. I think I read somewhere that the headband was made of foam...is that better than velour? 

P.S. Thanks for the suggestion about DAFT PUNK!!! I hadn't listened to them in a loooong time lol. I'm currently listening to their new album and I like it! 
L3000.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #1,962 of 2,312
Quote:
I think I read somewhere that the headband was made of foam...is that better than velour? 
P.S. Thanks for the suggestion about DAFT PUNK!!! I hadn't listened to them in a loooong time lol. I'm currently listening to their new album and I like it! 
L3000.gif

I am not sure about the headband as I don't have one, but yeah that new album is an excellent change for them.
Enjoy!

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #1,963 of 2,312
Considering on selling my HFI-580's for Pro 900. I mostly listen to Trance (Armin Van Buuren, Dash Berlin, ect). I have the PA2V2 Amp as well. Is this a wise upgrade for me?

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #1,964 of 2,312
Quote:
Considering on selling my HFI-580's for Pro 900. I mostly listen to Trance (Armin Van Buuren, Dash Berlin, ect). I have the PA2V2 Amp as well. Is this a wise upgrade for me?

These things are EDM monsters. I'd be surprised if you regretted the upgrade. I went from HFI-700 to PRO 900, and it was a bigger change than what you're considering in terms of sound signature, and I very seldom looked back. I'm still trying to decide if I want to sell mine now that I have Sig Pro's.

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #1,965 of 2,312
These things are EDM monsters. I'd be surprised if you regretted the upgrade. I went from HFI-700 to PRO 900, and it was a bigger change than what you're considering in terms of sound signature, and I very seldom looked back. I'm still trying to decide if I want to sell mine now that I have Sig Pro's.

It's funny, I have Sig Pros now as well, and have been listening to my Pro900's more. They are definitely more comfortable, which is my main reason, and when in the mood for pure basshead listening there's no better. Won't be selling my Pro900's........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back