Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Feb 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #1,816 of 2,310
Happy HFI-680 owner for several weeks now. :) 

Paired with my E6 amp with the blue light EQ setting brings out the mids. I never listen to it without the amp.

Looking for an upgrade amp that can work while charging.

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #1,817 of 2,310
Quote:
Happy HFI-680 owner for several weeks now. :) 

Paired with my E6 amp with the blue light EQ setting brings out the mids. I never listen to it without the amp.

Looking for an upgrade amp that can work while charging.

Congratz fba...I believe the O2 amp would be right up your alley...

Cheers!!!

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #1,818 of 2,310
C&C BH amp gets high points here, big thread can't link from the phone but check it out. Reasonable price too.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 16, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #1,819 of 2,310
Thanks for the welcome HeatFan12 and TrollDragon.  :)

I will look up the C&C BH. The O2 has been on my shortlist for a while. 

Honestly I was very hesitant to order the 680 it but I'm very glad I did. I came across the youtube videos by Dave Rat and that convinced me to order it.

Got it for 120 new @ Amaz..

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #1,820 of 2,310
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome HeatFan12 and TrollDragon.  :)

I will look up the C&C BH. The O2 has been on my shortlist for a while. 

Honestly I was very hesitant to order the 680 it but I'm very glad I did. I came across the youtube videos by Dave Rat and that convinced me to order it.

Got it for 120 new @ Amaz..

Great buy indeed...
beerchug.gif

IMO, the HFI-680 and PRO650 get lost in the shuffle with all their models....Folks either go one down or one up and forget the sweet spot...lol

Cheers!!!

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #1,821 of 2,310
Used together with my $18 ELE Dac from the other thread. (Not yet connected)
This is my portable office rig too (windows7).

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #1,822 of 2,310
Looking good!
I like to see pics of HFI gear in use, a lot of folks don't like them but I just love my 780's.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #1,824 of 2,310
Small update on my channel imbalance issues; I definitely decided it wasn't my ears or my source. I ran a lot of tests flipping the channels and listening in mono, and the left was always dominant. Repeated tests with my sound level meter confirmed the left was definitely louder on many frequencies, sometimes as much as over 5 decibels. (Surprisingly, the right side was louder on a few frequencies as well.)

I'm in contact with Ultrasone (specifically a nice lady named Julia, she seems to be in Germany), and I just let her know that I would like to move forward with fixing this problem. Wish me luck.

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #1,825 of 2,310
Small update on my channel imbalance issues; I definitely decided it wasn't my ears or my source. I ran a lot of tests flipping the channels and listening in mono, and the left was always dominant. Repeated tests with my sound level meter confirmed the left was definitely louder on many frequencies, sometimes as much as over 5 decibels. (Surprisingly, the right side was louder on a few frequencies as well.)

I'm in contact with Ultrasone (specifically a nice lady named Julia, she seems to be in Germany), and I just let her know that I would like to move forward with fixing this problem. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

I'm guessing if you sent these off to Tyll (just remembered you probably could do that - he measures DIY stuff if you contact him at least), the L/R lines probably would go and up down at different points. Which isn't surprising, but shouldn't be part of a ~$1k headphone imho. :xf_eek:

5 dB is A LOT too. :eek:

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #1,826 of 2,310
Quote:
Good luck!

I'm guessing if you sent these off to Tyll (just remembered you probably could do that - he measures DIY stuff if you contact him at least), the L/R lines probably would go and up down at different points. Which isn't surprising, but shouldn't be part of a ~$1k headphone imho.
redface.gif

5 dB is A LOT too.
eek.gif

Exactly... on both of those points.

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #1,827 of 2,310
Sold my Pro 900 because I really want a light weight, open Headphone.
I tried the HD 598- but it sounds muffled. It doesn't have the big open sound I'm looking for.
Not as clean as the Ultrasone IMO.

50% Music
50% Home Theater

Can anyone recommend the 2900?

Feb 17, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #1,828 of 2,310
Sold my Pro 900 because I really want a light weight, open Headphone.
I tried the HD 598- but it sounds muffled. It doesn't have the big open sound I'm looking for.
Not as clean as the Ultrasone IMO.

50% Music
50% Home Theater

Can anyone recommend the 2900?

Was just gonna say 2900. :D

Now when you say "light weight" do you mean in terms of fit, or in terms of sound?

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #1,829 of 2,310
Quote:

Did you exchange the earpads from left to right? Maybe one pad is defect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back