Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Mar 22, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #766 of 2,312

Quote:
If you have the 750, for your next upgrade you should definitely skip the 900 and go for the 2900s.. A much better phone IMO.

I was also considering the 900's, is there a reason to skip them? 
When i auditioned them the bass was more pronounced than the 750's, soundstage i had the feeling it was better.  

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #767 of 2,312
The Pro 750 and Pro 900 are closed headphones. The 2900 are open.  This can be an important factor for some users who need the isolation, apart from the difference in sound signature.

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #768 of 2,312

Quote:
The Pro 750 and Pro 900 are closed headphones. The 2900 are open.  This can be an important factor for some users who need the isolation, apart from the difference in sound signature.

+1

with that said, for those considering the pro900 and are ok with a open headphone, I feel like the 2900s are a bit more refined, have tighter bass, less sibilant treble, better midrange, and soundstage. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #769 of 2,312

Quote:
If you have the 750, for your next upgrade you should definitely skip the 900 and go for the 2900s.. A much better phone IMO.

I disagree. It's different, not better IMO. It depends if you want open vs closed, more of a balanced sound signature vs a more forward/ fun sound signature.

Apr 1, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #771 of 2,312
I've been listening to the Pro 750 for about 2 weeks now. It's the fourth Ultrasone I've owned, and I'm quite impressed. The bass doesn't seem as strong as the others (Ed 8, Pro 2500, and HFI 780..Ed 8 & Pro 2500 from memory), but it's very taught, detailed, and textured. Vocals are very good. I find this headphone to be mid neutral, not really recessed. Highs have a slight emphasis, but it gives a nice airy presentation that I like. The overall presentation reminds me of the HE-5LE minus a little soundstage, speed, and transparency. The Pro 750 is well balanced, detailed, and transparent. Of the headphones that I've owned, I'd put this one in the second tier. On par with the RS1i and one down from LCD-2, HE-5LE, and Ed 8.

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #772 of 2,312

Quote:
I've been listening to the Pro 750 for about 2 weeks now. It's the fourth Ultrasone I've owned, and I'm quite impressed. The bass doesn't seem as strong as the others (Ed 8, Pro 2500, and HFI 780..Ed 8 & Pro 2500 from memory), but it's very taught, detailed, and textured. Vocals are very good. I find this headphone to be mid neutral, not really recessed. Highs have a slight emphasis, but it gives a nice airy presentation that I like. The overall presentation reminds me of the HE-5LE minus a little soundstage, speed, and transparency. The Pro 750 is well balanced, detailed, and transparent. Of the headphones that I've owned, I'd put this one in the second tier. On par with the RS1i and one down from LCD-2, HE-5LE, and Ed 8.

Chuck Norris whipped the ultrasones and taught them how to do bass?

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #773 of 2,312

Quote:
Chuck Norris whipped the ultrasones and taught them how to do bass?

That's just how we spell it in the states 
wink_face.gif
...........or maybe I meant taut.

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #774 of 2,312
Do you mean it is tamed down,or taut as in '[size=small]in[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]good[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]order[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]or[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]condition;[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]tidy;[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]neat.'? [/size]

[size=small]I'm not that aus, english is simply not my first language.[/size]

Apr 3, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #775 of 2,312

Quote:
Do you mean it is tamed down,or taut as in '[size=small]in[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]good[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]order[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]or[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]condition;[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]tidy;[/size][size=small] [/size][size=small]neat.'? [/size]

[size=small]I'm not that aus, english is simply not my first language.[/size]

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #776 of 2,312
If you're enjoying the 750 I think you would also enjoy the 2900, I was A/B'ing at a friends house and the 2900s are a nice little upgrade (subtle of course the 750 is still a great can).

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #777 of 2,312
DJ1 owner checking in. These are my 1st real headphones and I'm lovin' the sound out of my E10. The headband is not as low profile as I like but this is due to the hinge and their ability to fold up into a tidy package. Just think the huge gaps between my head and the headband look a little goofy when I'm wearing them. Do the sound signatures throughout the Ultrasone line sound similar or are they vastly different from model to model?

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #778 of 2,312

Quote:
DJ1 owner checking in. These are my 1st real headphones and I'm lovin' the sound out of my E10. The headband is not as low profile as I like but this is due to the hinge and their ability to fold up into a tidy package. Just think the huge gaps between my head and the headband look a little goofy when I'm wearing them. Do the sound signatures throughout the Ultrasone line sound similar or are they vastly different from model to model?

I think the S-Logic does tie in to every model having a Ultrasone flavor, but from my readings it seems like within the HFI series there are similarities and within the Pro series there are similarities (my personal experience); so while it may be easy to spot the Ultrasone flavor in a HFI model, they may sound quite different than a Pro model (even my Zino has a very distinct Ultrasone sound - very similar to the Pro)

That said, within the Pro line the 900 -> 2900 -> Signature Pro (all headphones I have owned) the sound signatures are similar with a successive improvement. The Signature Pro has less coloring than the other two Pro models, this is likely because Ultrasone wanted to produce a rugged reference monitor - which is why they used a re-worked Edition driver for the SP. 

I think this is a difference with large manufacturers like Sony or Pioneer (where each model can sound very different).

Apr 10, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #779 of 2,312
Just got HFI-580 for a good deal. Im loving them straight out of the box. I wonder how good these will sound after burn in.

The bass is unlike any headphone I have ever heard
basshead.gif
lovely. (Im coming from mostly Senns).

I really need to try out higher end Ultrasones.

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #780 of 2,312
Hello all,

I wanna join the fanckub , but first have to buy a ultrasonic today (at least order one within 1 hour from now) , but could you help me out?

HFI-580 125€
HFI-680 139€
20th anniversary 137€

Genres: rock/metal , Dance/trance , top40 (in that order)

What to do....and why?

Regards
Harm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back