Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Feb 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #663 of 2,312
I just got the Pro 900s, will be selling them soon. I thought I could convince myself that a closed setup would work for me.. but I'll be sticking to open and annoying those around me. The lows are amazing though, almost too much.

Feb 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #664 of 2,312

Just finished burning in my HFI-580, and there definitely is a burn in period for these, for me, I let them run for over 120 hours before I started using them a lot. The bass in these are crazy, especially coming from the excellent, but trebleheavy Ultimate Ears 700's.

I just ordered a Digizoid Zo v1 and that should be here soon. Anyone have experience with the HFI-580 and the Zo?

I listen to EDM, mostly Dubstep and Electrohouse, and DnB, with a little alternative metal and rock thrown in. Everything in these cans sounds amazing.
My only complaint is that they are a bit sibilant.
From what I've heard, I'll probably start saving up for the Pro900's soon

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #665 of 2,312
Someone have any idea about the ULTRASONE HFI 450?? I'm going to buy a new pair of headphones and my budget is around 150 euros so i considered to buy this one....is it a good choice??

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #666 of 2,312

Quote:

If sibilance is a concern, I'd really suggest staying away from the PRO 900 which is generally regarded as extremely sibilant.

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #667 of 2,312

Quote:
I just got my HFI-580s and I love them!

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!

Quote:

Just finished burning in my HFI-580, and there definitely is a burn in period for these, for me, I let them run for over 120 hours before I started using them a lot. The bass in these are crazy, especially coming from the excellent, but trebleheavy Ultimate Ears 700's.

I just ordered a Digizoid Zo v1 and that should be here soon. Anyone have experience with the HFI-580 and the Zo?

I listen to EDM, mostly Dubstep and Electrohouse, and DnB, with a little alternative metal and rock thrown in. Everything in these cans sounds amazing.

haha yes. i wrote a review and my initial impressions....i didn't like them at all. put them on. took them off.......thought to myself what i just heard...can't be true right? put it on again........took it off.....took to head fi to start ranting about what the heck did i just buy? haha 

sadly man. i have had users pm me and i have read and seen threads like these. read teh whole thread. it's like 4 posts. it will..maybe...well ya know. it's extremely relevant to you
http://www.head-fi.org/t/594082/digizoid-zo2-pro-900-distortion-vs-fiio-e5-e11-video#post_8116315

i have the E17. love it with HFI

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #668 of 2,312

Quote:

Zo and 580 is not a good combo..
The bass distorts and sounds fake even at the lowest contour settings..
Trust me it is not a good match..
wink.gif

As for the 900's do yourself a favour and keep your money..
The differences between them do not justify the extra cost...

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #670 of 2,312

Quote:
Zo and 580 is not a good combo..
The bass distorts and sounds fake even at the lowest contour settings..
Trust me it is not a good match..
wink.gif

As for the 900's do yourself a favour and keep your money..
The differences between them do not justify the extra cost...

so we got a +2 on ZO and 580 no match? ......ehh make it +1. i don't have the ZO2's. i just had a user come to me for help that had them and didn't like them. the link i posted was proof.

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #671 of 2,312
I also own the Zo and what i wrote is from my personal experience after pairing it with my DJ1 and the 900..
The only reason i am not selling mine is because in the future i might be getting another pair of cans which i may test with it..
If  you need an amp then try the E11..
I like Fiio products because they give you more than expected at low cost..

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #672 of 2,312

Quote:
I also own the Zo and what i wrote is from my personal experience after pairing it with my DJ1 and the 900..
The only reason i am not selling mine is because in the future i might be getting another pair of cans which i may test with it..
If  you need an amp the get the E11..
I like Fiio products because they give you more than expected at low cost..

ok so i know have 3 first hand users that i know don't like ZO with ultrasone's and probably beyers(i don't know why but stuff that works for ultrasone generally works for beyer's and vice versa)

the E17......wow. it gives so much bass from EQ it's not even funny :D

Feb 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #673 of 2,312
Hmmm... 

So +3 on the Zo and HFI-580 being a bad combo. When it comes, I'll see if your claims are true: if they are, I might sell the Zo as I got it primarily for my Ultrasones, but I might not if it pairs well with my UE700's, which are in desperate need of some bass. 
I am hoping you guys are wrong, I really like the idea of the Zo. 

What do you guys think of this guy's post about the ZO and the 580's:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/504037/mini-review-digizoid-zo-portable-subwoofer/615#post_7677968

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #674 of 2,312

Quote:
Hmmm... 

So +3 on the Zo and HFI-580 being a bad combo. When it comes, I'll see if your claims are true: if they are, I might sell the Zo as I got it primarily for my Ultrasones, but I might not if it pairs well with my UE700's, which are in desperate need of some bass. 
I am hoping you guys are wrong, I really like the idea of the Zo. 

What do you guys think of this guy's post about the ZO and the 580's:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/504037/mini-review-digizoid-zo-portable-subwoofer/615#post_7677968

.well. the fact that he even mentions distortion and says there are...is a bad sign IMO. you don't need to sell it. there's a...set period for you to return them no questions asked.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #675 of 2,312
Also:
So the Pro900's aren't that great? What would one recommend as an alternative?
Do the HFI-580's need an amp? If the Zo doesn't work out, do I need another amp to make it sound the best? Is the money well spent on an amp? I tried it with an Objective2 amp and the mids seemed to come forward more and the bass tighten? But the improvement was minimal. Would any other amp give a more pronounced effect.
Are there any comfort mods for these, the pads aren't exactly soft and fluffy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back