Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 30, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #4,681 of 9,690

Quote:
Don't think the meeelc CC51 has memory wire

lol i think he's referring to the TF10's, but yeah ill continue experimenting until something feels right.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #4,682 of 9,690
:L3000: Just got mine today and wow......Coming from sf3 to Kilpsch custom 2s with jvc marshmallows and portapros in there somewhere .....wow. Listening to Alice in chains unplugged and Nirvana unplugged everything is so much more defined, sharper,clearer,and deeper. They look absolutely ridiculous wearing them but not especially uncomfortable after 2 or so hours. Included foam tips worked best for me.

Frankenstein bolts was an accurate description as it turns out.may look at reshells for vanity if nothing else.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #4,683 of 9,690

Quote:
Does anyone wearing these get a static/rattle on really bass heavy music?  I've been trying to listen to various types of music and on Run This Town-Jay-Z the bass beats are really heavy and I'm getting some static everytime a beat hits.

It's your source, I had that happen to me on some low quality dubstep mp3's I was playing. try some higher quality audio clips like 320kb mp3's or flac.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:05 AM Post #4,685 of 9,690

Quote:
I can keep my Ety's with Shure Olive's in my ears forever without discomfort. I think it has everything to do with how enormous the bore is on the TF10's. Compared to any other IEM I've ever tried, it's huge. (With the exception of a cheap pair of Skull candy's which had bores almost as big as my ear canal, without the tip.

The $100 or so to reshell is going to be money well spent.

I think so too... my Etys are soooo snug

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #4,687 of 9,690

Quote:
The triple fi reshelling group buy is now available! http://www.head-fi.org/t/582900/ultimate-ears-triplefi-10-custom-reshelling-group-buy-at-least-15-off

It's gone again. 

Edit: OP from that thread is getting the proper permission now, so the thread should be back at some point soon. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #4,688 of 9,690
I posted this yesterday, but no reply. I'm hoping someone can shed a light on the sound signature:

I ordered these on the black friday deal.

I will not be able to get them until I return from a business trip, but I just had a couple questions to run by owners here.

I have a pair of Shure 535s, and I love them. Perfect midrange and vocals. I'm gathering that these are pretty much the opposite.

Are the mids and vocals recessed? I'm assuming I'll notice it even more going from the Shures.

I am buying these as a back-up pair, but it sounds like they might compliment the Shures nicely by being a better earphone for electronic.

What say you?

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #4,689 of 9,690
Absolutely, they are indeed somewhat opposite to the Shures in which the 535s have pronounced vocals and laid back treble and bass in comparison. But the TF10s are one of the best for electronic due to its V-Response, a lot better than the shures. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #4,690 of 9,690

Quote:
I posted this yesterday, but no reply. I'm hoping someone can shed a light on the sound signature:

I ordered these on the black friday deal.

I will not be able to get them until I return from a business trip, but I just had a couple questions to run by owners here.

I have a pair of Shure 535s, and I love them. Perfect midrange and vocals. I'm gathering that these are pretty much the opposite.

Are the mids and vocals recessed? I'm assuming I'll notice it even more going from the Shures.

I am buying these as a back-up pair, but it sounds like they might compliment the Shures nicely by being a better earphone for electronic.

What say you?

I spent a couple hours listening yesterday, and the mids are definitely a bit recessed. It's not so horrible with instruments in that range, but vocals can seem a bit distant in the mix because of it. Only vocals in that particular range though, so deeper male voices and really high voices (female vocals mostly) sound excellent. The treble will knock you off your feet though, and the bass is much more controlled than I've ever heard out of an IEM. The soundstage reminds me of plenty of full size headphones I've heard over the years, in that it is wider than an IEM usually allows for. 

I'd say that these are worth full price, and a steal at $95. The only issue for me is the comfort, but it's not a problem for everyone, and it's fixable by having them reshelled (bringing the price back up to the already low Amazon regular price around $200). 

Edit: Listening more, I think these will sound even better when I get them reshelled. I don't think I'm getting a proper seal at all. There is no sensation of suction in any way, shape, or form with these in my ears. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #4,691 of 9,690
It sounds like my primary IEM will still be the Shures. I love the liquid, lifelike midrange. Dead on vocals.

But for classical and electronic, I may have found a more dynamic suitable alternative in Triple Fi 10s. Glad I grabbed them friday. Can't wait to listen to some Aphex Twin.

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #4,692 of 9,690
I just got these in and truthfully I'm a bit disappointed. Maybe I've been spoiled with my HE-4 or gotten too used to them that the ressessed mids on the tf10 seem really off to me. Like someone else has mentioned the vocals really do seem distant. I'm not sure if I'm not getting a good seal. Everything seems so flat. I've been running them like this....

Flac/320 mp3 > Computer > het streamer ii > schiit Asgard > tf10
iPhone > tf10

While playing Johnny cash - hurt, the guitars seem distorted and muddled. Imma let them burn in a bit, hopefully they open up a little.

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #4,693 of 9,690
Received mine last night. Wow!! These sound amazing and for $99, they're a steal!

I do a have a question. The cables are suppose to go over the ear, correct? If that's right, then mine are marked incorrectly. The one with the "L" will only go into my right ear and the one with the "R" will only go in my left. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just a cosmetic error? Is that why they were so cheap?

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #4,694 of 9,690
Ok. After a few days with the TF10, I don't think I'll be keeping them.

They're fantastic for electronic, pop, etc. But when it comes to acoustic, blue-eyed soul, jazz, and rock, they just don't have the magic of my fully burned in GR07. I guess my GR07 remains the jack of all trades for me.

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #4,695 of 9,690

Quote:
Received mine last night. Wow!! These sound amazing and for $99, they're a steal!
I do a have a question. The cables are suppose to go over the ear, correct? If that's right, then mine are marked incorrectly. The one with the "L" will only go into my right ear and the one with the "R" will only go in my left. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just a cosmetic error? Is that why they were so cheap?

If you want to wear them over the ear, you need to pull off the cable from each earphone and swap them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back