Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 22, 2008 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9,690

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
Had to start it, just absolutely blown away by the awesomeness of these earphones!

Using Shure E2C flex tips, just wow, cant explain the awesomeness!

Leona Lewis is fantastic on these, great mix of highs, bass and mids in most tracks!

edit: for anyone that reads this first post, i have moved permanantly to the westone 3's, they area by far better than tf10s

2015 Update: I am still surprised at how much this thread has grown. I eventually had those Westone 3's reshelled into Customs, and now upgrading to 1964 Ears V6.

Not a day goes by that I don't wish I still had my Triple Fi 10s - just as my spare pair. I have UE 900s but they will never compare to the epicness of the Triple Fi 10!~

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 9,690
Hi,

I'm considering a pair of these, but have serious concerns since I listened to the Super.fi 5 and I didn't like their sound signature (too bright for my taste), nor their comfort. Would you please write a brief comparo among them? I've seen that you own both.

Thanks and regards.

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 9,690
These earphones are truly outstanding and in my opinion are second to none. Universal-fit of course. The amount of transparency in the highs, aswell as the articulation these earphones carry throughout the music is just mind-blowing.

Mar 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEMaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These earphones are truly outstanding and in my opinion are second to none. Universal-fit of course. The amount of transparency in the highs, aswell as the articulation these earphones carry throughout the music is just mind-blowing.

Have you compared them to the Westone UM2 or Shure 530? I'm sure that the UE10 are really transparent and clean in all the treble range, but I fear they end up sounding in the analytical or cold side of things, or that I can't stand their fit in my ears.

Rgrds

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 9,690
More detail than UM 2's and more accurate and uncolored than Shure E530's. Well balanced throughout with a big sound for IEM's. Light-years better than Super-Fi 5s. Like any IEM you need a good seal or you get excess treble.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 9,690
They have great synergy with the iQube.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 9,690
Still considering whether or not to get the triple-fi's or the super fi 5 pro... Do either need an amp?

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 9,690
I've been a very happy E500 user for the last year. I got my gf a pair of q-JAYS last year. The q-JAYS add a bit of the treble that the E500 lack, but at the cost of some bass... and smooth E500 characteristics.

When I had to send my shures back for cracking cables, I got the TF10P as an experiment. Well, I don't think they made it even a couple of weeks. I pretty quickly decided I needed to try the UE customs. This was largely due to the form/fit of the UE universals. I remember not liking the Super.fi 5 Pro, and I couldn't get comfy with the TF's either, having the same external form. (I can't complain too bitterly about it, but when compared to the E500 fit, it simply is not as comfy/snug IMO.)

I will, however, agree in saying that the Triple.fi 10 Pro's are some of the best if not the best sounding universal fit IEM available today. Balanced frequency response... non-fatiguing, accurate trebles that reveal parts of your music that you cannot hear with the E500. Smooth sound through the mids and into the bass. Bass is very nicely integrated with great detail/texture. I fell in love with the sound!

So in an effort to have a killer IEM in all aspects, I just said fckit and went right for the UE11's. In the 5 days I had them, they sounded quiiiiteee impressive from my Predator. I will finally get them back this week after being slightly adjusted on the right side. Sending them back for refits is definitely a downside of going custom (I envy folks who had a perfect fit the first time!) but it seems to be a downside among many upsides.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy that UE house sound! I know I do!

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #9 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still considering whether or not to get the triple-fi's or the super fi 5 pro... Do either need an amp?

Need an amp? No... It definitely helps, though!

Would anybody agree in saying that the Triple.fi's benefit more from an amp than the Super.fi's? ... That seems to be my impression.

Also, if you can spring for it, Fetou, I highly recommend the Triple.fi's over the Super.fi's. The difference is just huge.

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #11 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would anybody agree in saying that the Triple.fi's benefit more from an amp than the Super.fi's? ... That seems to be my impression.

Also, if you can spring for it, Fetou, I highly recommend the Triple.fi's over the Super.fi's. The difference is just huge.

Well I need to buy an Ipod and a good set of IEMs, I simply don't have the money for an amp. Unamped, is the difference still large between the two IEMs?

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 9,690
I will leave that question for someone else to answer. It's been a year since I've heard the 5Pro's actually, and I didn't have the Predator then.

(The Predator + TF10P's produce sound that is just to die for.)

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #13 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I disagree. The difference is significant, but not huge, IMHO. Also, they both work well with iPhones and iPods and neither "needs" an amp more than the other. I use an iPhone on the road and a Woo WA6 at home.

Dave

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #14 of 9,690
The only IEM's I've ever had are those 20 dollar JVC Marshmallows. Do the SF5 and TF10 really have sound comparable to audiophile headphones? Its hard to imagine in a portable package :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back