Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 22, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #16 of 9,690
I'musing my Headsix less and less with the Triple-Fi's. They sound great directly out of the iRiver H1xx headphone out and portability wins.

Fit problem?: Reverse mod fixed it for me.

I love these IEMs.

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #17 of 9,690
I tried both,

I tested using :
Ipod touch, format Lossless
Shure 530 vs UE10Pro
Songs:
1. Julio Ighlesias (The greatest Hits)
2. Emy Fujita (to My friends)
3. Best of Trance 2003 (cambodia, Better of Alone)

Result:
for song 1 : Shure for me much treble lack of bass, UE10 outstanding, the vocal of julio really loud and too real 4 me. Saxophone sound for shure not that loud not even can beat my sennheiser PX100, UE did excelent job.
For song 2 : UE10 so perfect, Shure also good (but still 1 step far behind of the UE)
the last song: really amaze with the bass of UE10pro... shure.. don't have at all.

Shure sound type is to flat
UE10 Pro is so dynamic and the vocal so loud and perfect.

last said, no thanks shure.. welcome to papa UE10pro...

and I also want to sale my DAC + amp, GO-vibe.. best price just drop me an e mail iceb0ys at yahoo
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #18 of 9,690
It must be hard staying on topic with the Triple.Fi!

Maybe the thread title should read general IEM appreciation thread.

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #19 of 9,690
What you mean? Other IEMs are only coming up in comparisons. One must compare the TF's to similar products to understand how they are regarded, wouldn't you agree? They seem to be comparing favorably here so far, even...

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It must be hard staying on topic with the Triple.Fi!

Maybe the thread title should read general IEM appreciation thread.

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #20 of 9,690
IMHO comparisons to other headphones are very welcome, it's what allows me to get the picture of their "real" sound. Someone can say he loves the 10s a lot and other can say they don't fit his ear and they're just so-so on vocals, that doesn't tell me much, but if someone speaks about the 10s and says "their midrange is as liquid, clean and natural as that from electrostatic earspeakers" I get some useful information. The same goes for the rest of the sound features any HP can offer.

Regards.

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #21 of 9,690
I just got my Triple-fi s on Wednesday and was very concerned about the fit but i got lucky i guess and they fit perfectly. I stated before in different threads i've moved from the Shure E3c and it is a whole new world. Actually i think they fit me better and the sound is beyond my expectations by light years. I did order the Comply tips in case during extented times i want more comfort(i always had to use the foam tips with my e3cs). Any comments on those tips? My bass responnse seems better with the silicone tips than the included foam tips.
Using them with the RSA Hornet. Just wonderful.

Mar 22, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #22 of 9,690
The TF10's are outstanding, a total pleasure to listen to. I find the fit excellent. Flip flopped with bi-flange tips i can wear them for hours without discomfort. I think my ear canals may have adapted somewhat to them due to the amount of time i spend with them in.

Ill get a Tomahawk probably one day, when im not a skint student. But even without an amp, these IEM's are superb.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #23 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only IEM's I've ever had are those 20 dollar JVC Marshmallows. Do the SF5 and TF10 really have sound comparable to audiophile headphones? Its hard to imagine in a portable package :p

Full-blown IEM's (ex. Shure and UE) are just fantastic. You won't believe the huge full sound coming from a triple driver IEM. I'd say as far as universal IEM's go the Triple.fi 10 is first with the SE530 tied for second with the UM2. There's just something about triple balanced armature drivers feeding one ear that words can't describe.

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #24 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelc87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Full-blown IEM's (ex. Shure and UE) are just fantastic. You won't believe the huge full sound coming from a triple driver IEM. I'd say as far as universal IEM's go the Triple.fi 10 is first with the SE530 tied for second with the UM2. There's just something about triple balanced armature drivers feeding one ear that words can't describe.

I'm in such a quandary about whether to save money and get the SF5's or to get the TF10's.

Also, when you say universal fit, you mean as in not made specifically for your ear?

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #25 of 9,690
Save up for the TF10s IMHO!

Universal Fit = yes, means anyone can use it. Custom fit = fitted to your ear.

This IEM is great even without an amp, I have used it straight out of my iPod and was impressed, but using the amp just blew my mind away.

I do think the tips make a difference, I don't like using the UE tips as they aren't very nice. I use the Shure E2C flex tips and I get a great seal and everything is just perfect
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #26 of 9,690
Yeah save for the Triple.fi's!! The Super.fi 5's are great but nothing beats the Triple.fi IMO. Also FeedMeTrance, How do you fit the E2C tips on the UE's? Aren't the UE's a lot bigger because of the dual bore end on them? I know the E2C's are larger than the SE530 tips but aren't they still a little small?

Mar 22, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #27 of 9,690
The Triple.Fi has a surprisingly large sound almost like a big headphone. Very full, detailed where needed and punchy. This is one great universal earphone.

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #28 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Triple.Fi has a surprisingly large sound almost like a big headphone. Very full, detailed where needed and punchy. This is one great universal earphone.

Is it "in your face" and overly detailed on the analytical side of things, sometimes bright, maybe like Ultrasones 780, or is it more balanced and nuanced on the Sennheiser's side of things? Is this more a rock, electronica, pop, techno kind of earphone, or its balance is so good that can do vocalese, smooth classical, and small jazz combos sound reallistic?

Thanks for any replies. Rgrds.

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #29 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it "in your face" and overly detailed on the analytical side of things, sometimes bright, maybe like Ultrasones 780, or is it more balanced and nuanced on the Sennheiser's side of things? Is this more a rock, electronica, pop, techno kind of earphone, or its balance is so good that can do vocalese, smooth classical, and small jazz combos sound reallistic?

Thanks for any replies. Rgrds.

1. Is it in your face? I purchased the iQube to see how it sounded compared with my Xin Reference beta. The beta was too warm for me while the iQube was just right with the Triple.Fi. So I think it is good at revealing what you are feeding it.

2. For balance, my take is that it is a fairly well balanced earphone. I really enjoy the jazz vocals and classical that I have listened too on it.

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #30 of 9,690
Enter UE-11!

I would love to get a pair of TF10s though! Back in the days they were my earphones of choice.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back