Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 2, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #9,676 of 9,690
I've confirmed that the KZ AZ09 Pro is NOT compatible with the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10, based on my own test with the Super.Fi 5 Pro, which uses the same cables. On the AZ09 Pro, the polarity is invented in one ear, putting it 180 degrees out of phase.

Instead I now use the Qudelix 5K bluetooth receiver/DAC with my Super.Fis. It's great. I've also switched to using the cable from the TRN-M10, which fits after slightly trimming the shrouds on the cable connectors. It's a highly flexible twisted cable, which reduces the mechanical transmission of vibration from the cable to my ears. I also wear the IEMs reversed and upside-down: left in the right ear and right in the left ear, with the cables hanging down instead of up and over my ears. I secure the cable to the top of my shirt with a clip. Thin soft silicone eartips were the last piece of the puzzle. My Ultimate Ears are reborn, better than they ever were with the stock cables and so many aftermarket cables.

Jul 23, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #9,678 of 9,690
I bought a pair of TF10 in 2014.
Very good iems ,i used every day

Still working?

I brought TF10 in 2012, was using it regularly and last year the 2pin connectors broke. I was able to stick it back using superglue but cannot use it everyday now.

Jul 23, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #9,679 of 9,690
Still working?

I brought TF10 in 2012, was using it regularly and last year the 2pin connectors broke. I was able to stick it back using superglue but cannot use it everyday now.
Of course.
I have a Fiio cable ,no problem with these ,the connectors are ok .

Attachments

• 20230723_164032.jpg
    20230723_164032.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 30, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #9,681 of 9,690
Is it worth it to get these used for about 70 usd? Or am I better served by some other IEM at around 100 usd? Say Hexa by truthhear or Dioko? One thing I read about these makes me want to get these, these are a better version of er4 with extra bass. However, I’m wondering if they are good value for money right now.

Aug 31, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #9,683 of 9,690
Those were my entry to the audiophile hobby :) They will always have a place in my heart, when Ultimate Ears was an amazing IEM company.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #9,684 of 9,690
Definitely go for it especially for the price. They’re still one of my favorite to reach to when I want a detailed, fun and full sounding IEM.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #9,685 of 9,690
Is it worth it to get these used for about 70 usd? Or am I better served by some other IEM at around 100 usd? Say Hexa by truthhear or Dioko? One thing I read about these makes me want to get these, these are a better version of er4 with extra bass. However, I’m wondering if they are good value for money right now.
For what is worth, I bought them and am impressed by their technical capabilities. FIt is good but ergonomics are terrible. Thankfully I got one with an after-market cable. In terms of the upgrade I was looking for, I'm left wanting more because this ended up being more of a side-grade for me. I have Er3XR, ATH IM02, Se535 and Dunu Falcon C. It is marginally better so far. If you have an upgrade recommendation for Triple Fi, please suggest some. I'm wondering if Blessing 2 or Timeless would be a decent update.

Oct 22, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #9,687 of 9,690
I also have that se535 reds I would say that the triple fi 10 are as far as fun and technical, the triple fis are imo far better than the se535s.

even with time the triple fi have made them selfeves a staplepoint in the iem audio community.

Oct 22, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #9,688 of 9,690
I also have that se535 reds I would say that the triple fi 10 are as far as fun and technical, the triple fis are imo far better than the se535s.

even with time the triple fi have made them selfeves a staplepoint in the iem audio community.
I concur! I just don’t get why 535 was even considered a good IEM for its price. I have since got Blessing 2 and it’s even crazier value.

Oct 23, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #9,689 of 9,690
won't lie, back in the day I used to push the se535 hard.

that was before I got the ue live,ue rr,ue 10,jh16pro,jh audio Rosie's.

I also have the shure se846

I must say though even with a iem inventory like that, there is still a place for the triple fi 10.

it's what I came up off of, their fun,sounstsge,technicalities, make them a great first time imo.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #9,690 of 9,690
Well I have been using my TF 10's more now that I broke out my old Ipod 3rdGen Touch 64 GB (Wolfson Dac, sounds way better than my iphone 13 pro using the apple dac\headphone connector). Anyway, I have the Dark Lord cable that I got back in the day (the cheaper one with the angled plug), but the wires are showing near the connector, from them being so old I guess. I had lost the cable name to the sands of time and had to search the thread here for my old post lol. Anyway, aside from me using the electric tape, what cable are you guys using these days?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back