Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 29, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #4,667 of 9,690

Quote:
yea i got like literally minutes ago, theyre pretty comfortable to me, but any in ear basically fits me, but yea the packaging was laughably bad!

Wearing these, I've realized that my right ear canal is probably considerably smaller than the left one. The comfort on the left side is fine, but the right side is killing me with the same tips. 

Apparently there is still a reshell group buy thread coming soon, if anyone else is interested (I don't think it's up yet, but the guy from the previous thread is getting permission apparently).

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #4,668 of 9,690
Like your box was beat up? I received several pairs, and the packaging on all of them have been in perfect condition. The packaging isn't as nice as the ones that came with the Shure SE535, but it's on par with Westone's packaging. lol.

Quote:
Just got mine. First impression....they're uncomfortable. I've tried all the tips. The comply tips are the only ones that will really even go in, lol (even with the ear lobe pull method). 

They sound fantastic though. It looks like I may need to pay to have them reshelled. Are there any Shure Olive-esque foamies that will fit, that I can try first?

(I got the eco packaging. Let me just say that it's crap. The box was pretty beat, but luckily the IEM's were fine.)

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #4,669 of 9,690

Quote:
Like your box was beat up? I received several pairs, and the packaging on all of them have been in perfect condition. The packaging isn't as nice as the ones that came with the Shure SE535, but it's on par with Westone's packaging. lol.

The front of the box got squished a bit, with my instruction manual getting bent a bit inside the black box. The metal box was also a bit loose, since all that is holding it is a piece of thin cardboard. The IEM compartment (if you can call it that) was untouched thankfully, but it just as easily could have been damaged.

I'd rather have my product protected than have an "Eco friendly" box. That's just me personally. They could have completely alleviated the issue by putting the IEM's inside the protective case, and sticking the soft tips outside of it. Why do the tips need protection?

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #4,670 of 9,690
I got mine today and didn't notice them being uncomfortable.  I just left the tips on that came already on and put them on.  They feel as comfortable as any others that I have.  People make these seem like it's sticking knives in your ears or something.  Oh yeah and they sound amazing.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #4,671 of 9,690

Quote:
The front of the box got squished a bit, with my instruction manual getting bent a bit inside the black box. The metal box was also a bit loose, since all that is holding it is a piece of thin cardboard. The IEM compartment (if you can call it that) was untouched thankfully, but it just as easily could have been damaged.

I'd rather have my product protected than have an "Eco friendly" box. That's just me personally. They could have completely alleviated the issue by putting the IEM's inside the protective case, and sticking the soft tips outside of it. Why do the tips need protection?

actually after wearing them for the past hour, i definitely notice these in my ear more than i have with any other IEM. I couldn't keep them in my ear any longer and had to take them out, i can usually have headphones in my ears for the whole day as i go from class to class, but with these i don't think i can. hmmmmmmm....

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #4,672 of 9,690

Quote:

actually after wearing them for the past hour, i definitely notice these in my ear more than i have with any other IEM. I couldn't keep them in my ear any longer and had to take them out, i can usually have headphones in my ears for the whole day as i go from class to class, but with these i don't think i can. hmmmmmmm....

I think the pressure in the housing might have something to do with it. Try the comply foams that come with them, they solved any problems I had

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #4,673 of 9,690

Quote:

I think the pressure in the housing might have something to do with it. Try the comply foams that come with them, they solved any problems I had

yea, i think i might, also why do these come with two pairs of foams, as far as i can tell, they are the same size, right?

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #4,674 of 9,690

Quote:

Because they're soft! hehe. :D

But ya, that sucks about your order. I ordered several pairs, so amazon shipped mine with 2 pairs in each box, with the little bubble bag things in it, so perhaps that's why all of mine came in perfect shape. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #4,675 of 9,690

Quote:
Both left and right?  I just got them...I highly doubt there are hair in both

Lol dude my bad... I thought we were talking about Grados... I have no idea what that would be then

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #4,676 of 9,690
I've owned the TF10's multiple times in the past, but I simply couldn't resist the Amazon deal this time around, since I figured if they don't suit me any longer, I'll just gift them to a relative. Sure enough, I can say with all certainty I prefer my FXT90, EX600, GR07, ClarityOne, etc., no two ways about it. Killer price nonetheless, for an overall great set of in-ears. 
smile.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #4,677 of 9,690

Quote:

I can keep my Ety's with Shure Olive's in my ears forever without discomfort. I think it has everything to do with how enormous the bore is on the TF10's. Compared to any other IEM I've ever tried, it's huge. (With the exception of a cheap pair of Skull candy's which had bores almost as big as my ear canal, without the tip.

The $100 or so to reshell is going to be money well spent.

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #4,678 of 9,690

Quote:
I can keep my Ety's with Shure Olive's in my ears forever without discomfort. I think it has everything to do with how enormous the bore is on the TF10's. Compared to any other IEM I've ever tried, it's huge. (With the exception of a cheap pair of Skull candy's which had bores almost as big as my ear canal, without the tip.

The $100 or so to reshell is going to be money well spent.

well I can keep my cc51s in my ear for the hole day and it has a way bigger nozzle so it has to be something that I'm doing wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back