Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 30, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #4,696 of 9,690
Quote:
Received mine last night. Wow!! These sound amazing and for $99, they're a steal!
I do a have a question. The cables are suppose to go over the ear, correct? If that's right, then mine are marked incorrectly. The one with the "L" will only go into my right ear and the one with the "R" will only go in my left. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just a cosmetic error? Is that why they were so cheap?

If you want to wear them over the ear, you need to pull off the cable from each earphone and swap them. :D

Ha!! Actually, I did think of that. It just seemed too easy.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #4,697 of 9,690
I'm finally getting mine today (I think) and I can't wait.  After hearing so many people say there really good for electronica and edm is getting me excited as thats the only kind of music I really listen to.

Also I'm thinking of getting the Westone cables to swap out the stock and I was just wondering how much you have to modify the connection and is it easy to do?

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #4,699 of 9,690
I *think* you have to trim the connectors a little as they are too long, someone back me up on this..

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #4,700 of 9,690
Thats what I thought now I just need to know how much to trim.

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #4,704 of 9,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANGES /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
Received mine last night. Wow!! These sound amazing and for $99, they're a steal!
I do a have a question. The cables are suppose to go over the ear, correct? If that's right, then mine are marked incorrectly. The one with the "L" will only go into my right ear and the one with the "R" will only go in my left. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just a cosmetic error? Is that why they were so cheap?

If you want to wear them over the ear, you need to pull off the cable from each earphone and swap them. :D

This is known as the flip-flop mod and for many it is the more comfortable way to wear them over the ear.  It allows for better comfort and seal for my ears, for sure!

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #4,706 of 9,690

Quote:
Wait, what? I wear them over the ear and I didn't have to swap cables.

If you didn't swap cables and are wearing them over the ear, you probably have the left monitor in your right ear, and vice versa. In other words, you're hearing everything backwords... although it probably doesn't even really affect your listening experience. lol.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #4,707 of 9,690

Quote:
If you didn't swap cables and are wearing them over the ear, you probably have the left monitor in your right ear, and vice versa. In other words, you're hearing everything backwords... although it probably doesn't even really affect your listening experience. lol.

No...I'm wearing them like this: and my left and right earpieces are matched correctly. I just checked the "R"s and "L"s on my earpieces and cables.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #4,709 of 9,690
Ohhh. Gotcha! Are they more comfortable that way? I should try swapping my cables back and trying it. Because of the design/angle of the TF10's, when you swap the cables, they sort of fit more flush with your ear, which I like... although they don't look like they stick out all that much in the picture either.

Quote:
No...I'm wearing them like this: and my left and right earpieces are matched correctly. I just checked the "R"s and "L"s on my earpieces and cables.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #4,710 of 9,690

Quote:
Ohhh. Gotcha! Are they more comfortable that way? I should try swapping my cables back and trying it. Because of the design/angle of the TF10's, when you swap the cables, they sort of fit more flush with your ear, which I like... although they don't look like they stick out all that much in the picture either.

They are. I took that picture from UEs website. It's how they were designed to be worn I guess? A lot of people find this uncomfortable though I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back