Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #4,711 of 9,690
I've had them for about an hour and all I can say is WOW.  They are so detailed and the bass is much thicker than on my Ety's, which was to be expected.  All I listen to which I've said before is edm like house, techno and trance and these TF10's are just so perfect for that I'm hearing things that even my Ety's were missing, well not missing its just these highlight them much more.  As for the fit its fine for me I mean the tips that came on it work great.  Even listen to edm you can really hear the great soundstage they have like when there is an echo effect it just makes it sound perfect, I really love these thing and I've only had them for like 30mins.  Even while I'm typing this I hear new sounds in tracks I've heard a lot, I just love these IEM's.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #4,712 of 9,690
Just got my two pairs!

I don't know who to sell it to, so I'm going to throw it up on the FS forums and sell it to the first one who gives me money. I'm too busy to deal with raffling and whatnot.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #4,713 of 9,690
I'm wearing mine the same way as Control and Vyyye. Seems fine. Not the most comfy 'phones regardless. To me they don't seem like they'd be comfortable at all with the 'phones reversed while wearing them up. Might try it out though.

These are some of the least sibilance-prone IEMs I've heard, maybe only lagging behind the MMDT a bit in that regard. They present details differently than I'm used to too. Something I might have to look for to hear in my EX1000s can sometimes be more like "LOOK AT ME" with these. Great bass texturing, some of the best I've heard. Excellent transparency, and while I find the mids to be a bit dry(right term?), I don't find them to be recessed at all. The soundstage is enormously wide, but lacks depth vs. the EX1000. I also don't find the timbre to be quite as good as the EX600/1000 or the MMDT. Not as natural sounding IMO, but it's not like a huge gap or anything.

Overall though they are fantastic, and I can see why some people out there think they're the best. Hopefully I just don't have too much of a comfort issue with them.

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #4,714 of 9,690
I think I might return these. they really don't have very good instrument separation. not that much better than my cc51 and definitely worse than Fischer audio silver bullets. I'm really disappointed with the instrument separation as you would think ba's with great soundstage would mean fantastic separation but that simpy isn't the case. can anyone recommend me headphones with better instrument separation than these around the same price range? the b2s have better separation right?

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #4,715 of 9,690

Quote:
I think I might return these. they really don't have very good instrument separation. not that much better than my cc51 and definitely worse than Fischer audio silver bullets. I'm really disappointed with the instrument separation as you would think ba's with great soundstage would mean fantastic separation but that simpy isn't the case. can anyone recommend me headphones with better instrument separation than these around the same price range? the b2s have better separation right?

The B2s have better separation and detail BUT you get a lot less bass and the BUILD QUALITY is not that great and the cable is not replaceable. The TF10 is better at more music genre than the B2.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #4,716 of 9,690
Anyone know a good method to even out some of the kinks in the cable short of buying an aftermarket cable (yeah, I know how headfi works). I too just got mine and will hold off judgment on the sound until I've had them for awhile, but the kinks are annoying me.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #4,717 of 9,690

Quote:
Anyone know a good method to even out some of the kinks in the cable short of buying an aftermarket cable (yeah, I know how headfi works). I too just got mine and will hold off judgment on the sound until I've had them for awhile, but the kinks are annoying me.

I'm with you these kinks are really annoying and I'm afraid to pull on it to straighten it out as I've heard the cables are not the best made part of the TF10's

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #4,719 of 9,690
i've recently purchased a pair of triple fi's and changed to the westone ES cable. the whole package is underwhelming to say the least. it seems like there is little to no bass out of the left earphone and most of the sound is skewed towards the right ear.

ive swapped back to stock cables to test and it seems that they are no good either. its almost like the left ear is surround sound and the right for all the bass and the little midrange these things have. maybe these are defective, but i am quite disappointed.

could this be caused by the cable mod?

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #4,720 of 9,690
I just got these today, from Amazon, $95 deal.

I have been listening to them for the last hour or so, comparing some other headphones and all I can say is WOW, these are a complete steal at $95

I think I found my phones to listen to rock music. These are awesome.
Currently listening to ACDC The Jack, and wow, what an amazing sound signature.

Comfort wise they are actually much better than I expected (reading the forum I was a bit scared). They are more comfortable than the Shure SE215s that I use very frequently.

These phones are just insanely underpriced for $95, considering SE215's go for $99 (even though I paid only $80).

Amazing phones for sure.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #4,721 of 9,690
Yea I got mine today also and even though I really like my Etymotic HF5's these are just so much better and I paid $95 for both.  I was using my little FiiO E5 headphone amp with them but believe it or not they sound better from my Cowon i10 without the amp, go figure.  I'll just use the amp when my Panasonic RP-HTF600-S cans get here tomorrow.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #4,722 of 9,690

Quote:
i've recently purchased a pair of triple fi's and changed to the westone ES cable. the whole package is underwhelming to say the least. it seems like there is little to no bass out of the left earphone and most of the sound is skewed towards the right ear.

ive swapped back to stock cables to test and it seems that they are no good either. its almost like the left ear is surround sound and the right for all the bass and the little midrange these things have. maybe these are defective, but i am quite disappointed.

could this be caused by the cable mod?

Sounds like improper polarity. Make sure you are plugging the cable in correctly. If you are, then most likely earphone is damage.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #4,723 of 9,690
which way should the dots face with the westone cable to do this?

the left ear has the blue dot facing the UE logo and the right has the red dot facing away..... from what i have seen, this is the way they are supposed to be........

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #4,724 of 9,690
One thing that I found out that the foam tips change the sound signature a bit.
They give a lot more bass, deeper, but recess the vocals a bit
The M tips that come on them provide lesser bass, but more pronounced, while the vocals shine very well.

I still have not figured out which one I prefer as the sound signature, but it is literally like owning two different phones that produce amazing sound with different textures. I feel even better seeing these phones are better than "amazing" bargains at $95. You get two phones that are worth $150+ for 1/3 of the price :)

These phones are fun fun fun fun fun fun.....

ksc75smile.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #4,725 of 9,690
Very impressed with these for the $95 amazon price. I will say that when used through my audio gd compass they really shine. The bass gets very accurate, and punchy, the sound stage opens, well everything get's better
o2smile.gif
They do sound great plugged right into my ipod, but when plugged in to the home rig, they sound AMAZING!! My UM3XRC's arrive tomorrow, should be a fun day of listening, and comparing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back