Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 13, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #1,561 of 9,690
That's a great price.

Squirsier, is the cable rigid or reasonably flexible ?

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #1,563 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicktheNorse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that the Fiio amp was mentioned a few pages back - any one have one of these? Any good with the triple.fi?

Also interested

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #1,564 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a great price.

Squirsier, is the cable rigid or reasonably flexible ?

I have no idea yet, I got tipped by someone posting in the Pictures of your Portable Rig thread :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4708487-post510.html

I ordered mine last wednesday but there's a 10 days waiting list.

Can't wait to try them out. I miss my Triple.Fi already (waiting on replacement sleeves, should have ordered sooner, d'oh).

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #1,565 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also interested

I highly recommend against it. The bass boost feature in the FiiO made the bass bloated and muddy. The synergy isn't really ideal, IMHO.

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #1,566 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I highly recommend against it. The bass boost feature in the FiiO made the bass bloated and muddy. The synergy isn't really ideal, IMHO.

Thanks for the advice analogbox! I had half-anticipated that with the quite pronounced and forward mid-bass of the triples but was still curious to hear impressions. Cheers. A Fiio still may be useful for my SA6 or Shure SE530's
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:12 AM Post #1,567 of 9,690
I think I'm going to get rid of my TF10s ...
summer's over and I'm going to grab ESW9s instead.

Also most likely reducing my rig to 1 home headphone,1 portable headphone, 1 amp, and no portable amp.

iaudio 7 isn't very portable once I attach an amp to it
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #1,569 of 9,690
after commuting to the city for a month now, i have to say the comply tips are the best. both the small and medium UE silicone's lost the seal too easy during the jostling of a commute ride and walk.

it is amazing how on the loudest part of any commute - whether i take the super noisy path or the lil jersey city short buses, the complys allow me to just hear sublime music - it is surreal cause i know how ****in loud it is around me and i only have to put the music a couple notches higher than i do around regular ambient noise.

Sep 14, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #1,570 of 9,690
I get the same thing with my bi-flange tips. I commute in to central London for work at the moment and only need my Classic on half volume to hear the music and nothing else. Even then it doesn't feel that loud, but its crystal clear.

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #1,572 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats excellent to hear, if surreal!

it is
biggrin.gif

the path train is notoriously loud - insane screeching that is louder than any train ive ever been on. and i hear nothing and i dont have to blast the music unnaturally loud - so if i just pop one triple.fi out of my ear and then back in it is just amazing how much noise is revealed that i am not hearing and able to focus on intricate music.

i wish the silicones did the same. i may have to look into shure tips. i think the UE small silicone fits me best, what is the equivalent in a shure tip that fits the triples?

Sep 14, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #1,573 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it is
biggrin.gif

the path train is notoriously loud - insane screeching that is louder than any train ive ever been on. and i hear nothing and i dont have to blast the music unnaturally loud - so if i just pop one triple.fi out of my ear and then back in it is just amazing how much noise is revealed that i am not hearing and able to focus on intricate music.

i wish the silicones did the same. i may have to look into shure tips. i think the UE small silicone fits me best, what is the equivalent in a shure tip that fits the triples?

Don't quote me, but I think you'll struggle to find any shure tip that will fit the triples as it is- ie without modding- because the shure nozzles are a lot limmer in diamether than the UE's bores. You can mod shure olives to fit the triplefi's fairly easily though I believe; something about removing shure tube and replacing with UE tube, I think. Obviously, havn't yet tried it myself
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #1,574 of 9,690
I find the med. silicone tips to fit very well. My boss came up
behind me and tapped me on the shoulder--I jumped and yanked the IEMs out so fast that the tip stayed behind in my left ear. Ouch!

Sep 15, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #1,575 of 9,690
That custom silver cable looks tasty! I wonder how the ApureSound cable will compare. I think will wait a bit longer and not make a decision yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back