Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 15, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #1,577 of 9,690
Not bad, I thought for a moment they were $99. Looking forward to hearing your impressions. SQ, microphonics, etc.

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #1,578 of 9,690
What can I do when I'm completely dissatisfied with my TF 10s? I bought them from Amazon back on February of this year. It seems that they accept returns after 30 days with only a partial refund. Depending on how much they give me back, it may be simpler than selling my used pair online. What do you guys recommend?

Sep 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #1,579 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silwad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What can I do when I'm completely dissatisfied with my TF 10s?
I bought them from Amazon back on February of this year.
It seems that they accept returns after 30 days with only a partial refund.
Depending on how much they give me back, it may be simpler than selling my used pair online. What do you guys recommend?

Really? I've never heard of Amazon giving partial refunds for products over 30 days old. Are you talking about Amazon.com or Amazon.uk? Even if they did agree to take them back, I think you'd take a big loss considering you've had them for 7 months.

You'd be better off selling them here. They seem to do well in the FS forum.

Sep 16, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #1,580 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if they did agree to take them back, I think you'd take a big loss considering you've had them for 7 months.

I second that notion. Try the FS forum here. With over a year left on the warranty I'm sure you'll have them snapped up in next to no time!
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #1,581 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I've never heard of Amazon giving partial refunds for products over 30 days old. Are you talking about Amazon.com or Amazon.uk? Even if they did agree to take them back, I think you'd take a big loss considering you've had them for 7 months.

Amazon.com: Help*>*Returns*>*General Returns Policy

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second that notion. Try the FS forum here. With over a year left on the warranty I'm sure you'll have them snapped up in next to no time!
wink.gif

I guess I gotta post more to be able to start a thread to sell them. How much do a used pair go for around here?

Sep 16, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #1,582 of 9,690
Quote:

I guess I gotta post more to be able to start a thread to sell them. How much do a used pair go for around here?

Thats right, the mods introduced this requirement to discourage scammers and/or people joining the forums just for trading wares, I believe. I can't remember now whether you are required to be a headfier (30+ posts) or a 100+ Headfier (100 + posts) now though- anyone know this outright, quick?

Sep 16, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #1,583 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats right, the mods introduced this requirement to discourage scammers and/or people joining the forums just for trading wares, I believe. I can't remember now whether you are required to be a headfier (30+ posts) or a 100+ Headfier (100 + posts) now though- anyone know this outright, quick?

50 posts, not a problem, I've been a member since Feb. I'll get there.

Sep 16, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #1,584 of 9,690
Quote:

50 posts, not a problem, I've been a member since Feb. I'll get there.

Sound.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #1,585 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea yet, I got tipped by someone posting in the Pictures of your Portable Rig thread :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4708487-post510.html

I ordered mine last wednesday but there's a 10 days waiting list.

Can't wait to try them out. I miss my Triple.Fi already (waiting on replacement sleeves, should have ordered sooner, d'oh).

those seem nice but maybe not so durable.

where can one order the westone cables that fit the triples?

the biggest thing i misses from my um1's when i went to the super.fis and now the triples is those super sweet braided cables.

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #1,586 of 9,690
These are the ones Squiriser owns and talked about a few pages ago--pg 156 maybe??--and they're about $50 US. Go back a few pages and check his comments plus a couple others' reactions. Sounds like the maker might be getting pretty busy suddenly
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 17, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #1,587 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are the ones Squiriser owns and talked about a few pages ago--pg 156 maybe??--and they're about $50 US. Go back a few pages and check his comments plus a couple others' reactions. Sounds like the maker might be getting pretty busy suddenly
smily_headphones1.gif

I have yet to receive them tho. The lead time was 5 days before an order would be shipped, then Ken emailed me saying it went up to 10 days, now on his website it's 10-15 days... He must really be very very busy
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #1,588 of 9,690
Just got mine, from western120, and am loving them already. Mine are paired up with the Sony NWZ-A829, and it's a great match. Smooth detail, big soundstage, with no hint of harshness. I was just reading up on the newest thread comparing these to the Shure 530's, and someone was saying how these TF10's have such harshness and sibilance that he/she couldn't stand to listen to them for more than a few minutes. I sitting here thinking 'are we using the same earphones?'. Because to me they're so very detailed without being harsh. I suppose they match up well with my ears though, and I get a good seal easily. I've also already done the flip, which lets the earphone body stay more flush with your ear and not stick out so far. I'm using Sony EX tips, and that helps some too I'm sure. So far though, I'm very satisfied. Definitely keepers.

Sep 17, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #1,589 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got mine, from western120, and am loving them already. Mine are paired up with the Sony NWZ-A829, and it's a great match. Smooth detail, big soundstage, with no hint of harshness. So far though, I'm very satisfied.
Definitely keepers.

Well... you just know what I'm going to say, don't you?
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #1,590 of 9,690
Got my IE40's a few days ago from Pianist

They are great but having problems with the seal tho.

Medium is to big, small is to small, biflanged are a little to big. Just a smudge smaller than the bi would be great.

Considering the comply t500 since the foamies were good but the quality is pure crap. is almost broken from removing them one time.

shure e2 sleeves might work?
will try the shure small ones

any other suggestion?

Great IEM's love em. Funny thing is that m shuffle sounds like hell with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back