Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 24, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #1,606 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some shure foamies left from my e2c. Did the flip mod today and it gives a more snug fit fore sure. Tho it's a hell to get foamis in so i think I'm going with the small silicon.

You who use foam tips, how do you manage to get them in before they expand?

For me the comply's are pretty simple. I just pinch them good and maybe a little twist back and forth to get the depth correct in my ear canal. The expand fine with me. The noise isolation I find to be GREAT and I can't complain about the comfort at all. It's really good with the complys.

However I do have to agree that they are not that big, so if you have an unusually large ear canal they might not fit as snug as you would like.

Sep 24, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #1,607 of 9,690
I tried the Comply tips, but they were not very sung and they show ear wax a lot...Yuck!

Sep 24, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #1,608 of 9,690
woot got back my RMA'd Triple-fis. (I had the driver-dieing problem on my right-earphone). Seems its a new pair instead of a repair. The earphone case they sent me has "Triple-fi pro; 10Hz - 17kHz" printed on them in white, the case is the same otherwise.

triple-ficase.jpg

Just wanted to mention that new mediocre change.
Aah...finally can put away my old Sony backup IEMs I kept from my old w900i phone; funny how happy I used to be with those IEMs. I still have no idea what the model name of these IEMs are.

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #1,610 of 9,690
where are get a better deal on triple.fi? thanks

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #1,611 of 9,690
another week of commuting with the triples and the complys and my ears are in heaven.

what a setup with the zune - the sound is just so creamy yet clear, dreamy yet precise.

booyakasha!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #1,612 of 9,690
I have just upgraded from the SE530 to the Triples and while I already prefer the Triples, I have found the treble somewhat dry and grainy (as in lacking some smoothness), yet very resolved and extended, of course. Is that normal when using the silicon dual flange tips (being used to the SE530 treble exclusively for many months)? I am waiting for the Comply foams, so hopefully they add the touch of smoothness in the highs I am missing right now.

Given that generally everyone seems to agree that the Triples have less bass than the S530s, I have strangely found that on some songs the Triples have MORE bass (almost overwhelmingly more!) than the S530s... I feed both IEMs with the Pico DAC, btw. Maybe the Comply foam tips will fix this slight "problem" too...

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #1,613 of 9,690
Alright guys, I hope the Complys really work well..
biggrin.gif

I have had my triples for about a week and I love the sound, but the discomfort of the crappy included foams was driving me to look for a full sized can.

So I ordered up a few pairs of complys and they should be here next week... I hope they work well, my ears are sore.
frown.gif

-Robert

Sep 26, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #1,614 of 9,690
So. I recently got a hold on some triple.fis, sadly enough the tips doesn't fit me well, and I had to go take my Creative Ep-630's eartips... Much better now. good isolation and comfort.
L3000.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #1,615 of 9,690
I got my triple.fi vi earlier today. After trying the different tips and comply foam, I found to my surprise that the largest tips was best for fit, isolation and they gave fantastic sound.
So far I´m very impressed.

Sep 26, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #1,616 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy855 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have just upgraded from the SE530 to the Triples and while I already prefer the Triples, I have found the treble somewhat dry and grainy (as in lacking some smoothness), yet very resolved and extended, of course. Is that normal when using the silicon dual flange tips (being used to the SE530 treble exclusively for many months)? I am waiting for the Comply foams, so hopefully they add the touch of smoothness in the highs I am missing right now.

Given that generally everyone seems to agree that the Triples have less bass than the S530s, I have strangely found that on some songs the Triples have MORE bass (almost overwhelmingly more!) than the S530s... I feed both IEMs with the Pico DAC, btw. Maybe the Comply foam tips will fix this slight "problem" too...

How much burn in did you give them? They need at least 25 hours.

Sep 27, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #1,620 of 9,690
man looks like I've still got a lot to learn, first of which is not to post on head-fi after drinking, second of which is about crossover burn in... I think I'll head back to the beginning of the thread and read closer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back