Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 22, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #1,591 of 9,690
Man, I cannot believe I am going to buy the Triple fis
frown.gif
, my wallet and wife are going to kick my *****. I came back to this forum after so long just to buy some cheap phones and I already purchased QM 40 and now going for triplefis. I was actually going to purchase the Atrio M5 but after reading this thread I am more inclined to get these.

Just one quick question about the fit. Do they look big in ears? I mean i had the Super Fi. 5 EBS couple of years ago and love the way they sounded better then E4cs at least for me, but the Super fi 5 EB looked too big and would stick out and so I sold them. I am worried if the Triple fi would be the same?

Thank you.

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #1,592 of 9,690
Nah, they look fine. And settle in well especially when you flip flop them.

Sep 22, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #1,594 of 9,690
I started with UE3s and had a pretty good fit (only tried the silicon tips), but decided to upgrade to the Livewires instead of TF10s hoping for the "perfect fit".

Alas, the fit for my livewires is worse than my UE3s, and I am returning them tomorrow for TF10s. I also think the fit can be better with different tips
biggrin.gif

There are people who are interested in selling their TF10s here... PM me if you're interested in selling yours!

I'm gonna order the silver wire as well as soon as I get them. I have a stock westone cable at my house and another custom cable made by a friend who works at Monster Cable as well.

Sep 23, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #1,596 of 9,690
Do you think the triple.fi is a huge improvement over the super.fi. worth the extra $$$?
i bought the super.fi pro which i like but i can't help but feel that something is lacking.....it's just not clear /impacting enough. what do guys think?

Sep 23, 2008 at 9:18 AM Post #1,597 of 9,690
if u can feel something lacking, definitely go for tripies. i actually consider wanna get a pair of TF10 but my ear canal is too small for the humongous bore diameter of it.

TF10 is in another league compare to SF5pro
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #1,598 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by hear_the_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think the triple.fi is a huge improvement over the super.fi. worth the extra $$$?
i bought the super.fi pro which i like but i can't help but feel that something is lacking.....it's just not clear /impacting enough. what do guys think?

I have both series, and the older Super.fi 5 Pro is totally far behind of the Triple.fi 10. Believe me, after you have a better one like Shure SE530, Triple.fi etc.; you should hear the huge differences - not in the same sound quality grade.

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #1,599 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both series, and the older Super.fi 5 Pro is totally far behind of the Triple.fi 10. Believe me, after you have a better one like Shure SE530, Triple.fi etc.; you should hear the huge differences - not in the same sound quality grade.

Right
Others around here say the same.
Defiantly one of the reasons why I want those. get those if you don't mind the fit problem or money.
Just I am still looking for a nice UK price (around £170 for new ones.)
rolleyes.gif

But the dollar is strong in these days.
I just want to try out the Shure SE530 too but the wallet having some troubles you know.
icon10.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #1,602 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by danman81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just read all 160 pages of this thread.

thank you.

I love my triple.fi's....love them and have read about 50 total pages of this thread. You my friend, are amazing!!!

Sep 24, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #1,603 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How big is the comply compared to shures foamtips?

I don't know if this will help at all as I never used the Shure Foamies, but the comply tips are pretty small. I really like them, nice and comfortable for long sessions and an immaculate fit.

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #1,604 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How big is the comply compared to shures foamtips?

from my experience shure foamies will give you a better sound..and better fit. comply foams are extremely small.

Sep 24, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #1,605 of 9,690
I have some shure foamies left from my e2c. Did the flip mod today and it gives a more snug fit fore sure. Tho it's a hell to get foamis in so i think I'm going with the small silicon.

You who use foam tips, how do you manage to get them in before they expand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back