Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 12, 2008 at 7:18 AM Post #1,546 of 9,690
I thought the silicon sleeves were comfortable enough until I recently tried the Comply foam tips. I don't even notice the TF in my ears half the time now. ~ and yes, I'm stating this as if I were the first to discover such!

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #1,547 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the silicon sleeves were comfortable enough until I recently tried the Comply foam tips. I don't even notice the TF in my ears half the time now. ~ and yes, I'm stating this as if I were the first to discover such!

I'm still to try the complys with my tfy's yet. I've tried the single and double flange silicone varieties, and the trash UE own brand foams, but because the double flanges are comfy and great sounding and easy to insert I havn't moved on to the complys yet. Guess I might have the same 'revelation' you have!
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #1,548 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still to try the compys with my tfy's yet. I've tried the single and double flkange silicone varieties, and the trash UE own brand foams, but becaue the double flanges are comfy and great sounding and easy to insert I havn't moved on to the complys yet. Guess I might have the same 'revelation' you have!
wink.gif

Should try the comfy, i bought only a pair to try out, and wow..makes the hell lot of difference in fittings and SQ.

beyersmile.png

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #1,549 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by skysoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should try the comfy, i bought only a pair to try out, and wow..makes the hell lot of difference in fittings and SQ.

beyersmile.png

Cool. I gota a few pairs here like- seller was kind enough to include a few pairs with my purchase of triple' from them- so I'll give em a blast after my pizza
wink.gif
. I know they're renound for their comfort and, like all foams, accentuating the bass response of IEM's, but whats they're life expectancy as opposed to say that of the phenominal olives (I know these have to be modded for use with the triplefi's)?

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #1,550 of 9,690
omg love TF's! soo amazzzing.. how could anyone not like these? i still don't get a good Isolation, but i don't care. sound is bliss

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #1,551 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
omg love TF's! soo amazzzing.. how could anyone not like these? i still don't get a good Isolation, but i don't care. sound is bliss

I never bother to shove them in as far as they can go. The sound is still really good even without a 100% seal.

Sep 12, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #1,552 of 9,690
Flip-flop mod, UE double-flange silicone tips, they go beyound shallow insertion of outer ear canal opening but wouldn't class it as deep insertion. Wonderful sound and better ergonomics!

Sep 13, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #1,553 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still to try the complys with my tfy's yet. I've tried the single and double flange silicone varieties, and the trash UE own brand foams, but because the double flanges are comfy and great sounding and easy to insert I havn't moved on to the complys yet. Guess I might have the same 'revelation' you have!
wink.gif

I'm in the same boat. A few days ago I ordered a pack of double flange silicone replacement tips for my Triple-Fis (the ones I use right now are shot ; the middle part that inserts into the earphone is now slightly enlarged and won't stick anymore to the earphone) and I am down to using the foams that came with the TF10. Gah. Even the single flange tips sound bad to me. It might have to do with the fact that the sound travels a bit further down the double flanges before going in my ears. But man, can't wait to receive them.... and the custom silver cable I bought
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #1,554 of 9,690
Since you guys got your complys as extra, you may not have got the instructions with them. Make sure to pinch/twist the comply foam-tips, so they become very small, and then stick it in your ears; so it expands while its inside.

I can't get a full-seal with the double-flange silicon tips. Complys are perfect for me, but boy does it feel uncomfortable as it expands in your ears (before your body-heat kicks in and makes them soft).

Sep 13, 2008 at 9:19 AM Post #1,555 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm in the same boat. A few days ago I ordered a pack of double flange silicone replacement tips for my Triple-Fis (the ones I use right now are shot ; the middle part that inserts into the earphone is now slightly enlarged and won't stick anymore to the earphone) and I am down to using the foams that came with the TF10. Gah. Even the single flange tips sound bad to me. It might have to do with the fact that the sound travels a bit further down the double flanges before going in my ears. But man, can't wait to receive them.... and the custom silver cable I bought
biggrin.gif

Custom silver cable??? Tell us more. Can you provide a link???

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #1,556 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Custom silver cable??? Tell us more. Can you provide a link???

Headphone/IEM Cable

Apparently, this gives more details and instruments separations and widens the soundstage (the reason I bought them). Might make the sound a bit dryer tho.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #1,558 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infoseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you guys got your complys as extra, you may not have got the instructions with them. Make sure to pinch/twist the comply foam-tips, so they become very small, and then stick it in your ears; so it expands while its inside.

I can't get a full-seal with the double-flange silicon tips. Complys are perfect for me, but boy does it feel uncomfortable as it expands in your ears (before your body-heat kicks in and makes them soft).

Thanks for the tip Infoseeker, but I'm aware of that knowledge and technique for insertion of IEM with foam tips
wink.gif
. I've used olives and the shi*ty UE foams. Tried the complys now, with the Triplefi's, last night. They're easy to use, apply easy/fit well on UE nozzle, are soft, compress well, are very comfy and don't damage the SQ at all, keeping it high quality but changing it slightly. The change was reasonably subtle, so, although I could immediately sense it, I had trouble defining it for myself for a little while. I believe the bass is a little more emphasized, which I expected from foam tips, but the overall sound sig remainsl rather bright, just a bit smoother, fuzzier and warmer. I like it. However, as to whether I'd continue with complys when my two existing pairs expire, I dunno. They're very expensive, IMO, for what they provide and with their supposed short lifespan (at leat compared to olives). I'll just see how long they last for me and take it from there as to whether I invest in more of them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #1,559 of 9,690
Quote:

Headphone/IEM Cable

Apparently, this gives more details and instruments separations and widens the soundstage (the reason I bought them). Might make the sound a bit dryer tho.

Nice!
icon10.gif
Please post your impressions after you've used it enough. I'm intrigued.

Sep 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #1,560 of 9,690
Quote:

Headphone/IEM Cable

Thats a really good price. Would definitely be interested if it came in black too. Im thinking it probably doesnt. Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back