Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 2, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #1,516 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by fumashirou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be hard to find an amp for tf10. An unproper amp will ruin the sound of tf10, i think.

I can't say that I tried many amps with my TF10, however, the RSA Predator just make the TF10 sound really great to my ears...

Sep 3, 2008 at 1:11 PM Post #1,517 of 9,690
I think the beauty of these guys is the fact that you can use them ampless and they sound great. I use them with my Nano and my 5.5g Imod "naked" all the time. But for some serious listening, I then go to the DAC/amp combination using either Portaphile or Hornet and they sound even better. So while you don't need an amp, the addition of an amp in the sound chain just improves things even more

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #1,518 of 9,690
That is pleasing to know, though I understand and it makes logical sense that pretty much all hp's/IEM's are better amped than unamped. I am looking at a portable amp/DAC as my next purchase, though their availability in the UK is a worry as importing looks to inflate the cost significantly (customs tax, shipping)! May save up for the iQube though, with it being from Europe.

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #1,519 of 9,690
Buy used, Bloodsugar...all my amps are rehomers. Good luck getting yr hands on a Predator tho -they go quick out of FS forums...

And a nice used iBasso D1 soon to be booking its Quantas flight
biggrin.gif

Edit\ Oops, not all - the FiiO was new, lol.

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #1,520 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy used, Bloodsugar...all my amps are rehomers. Good luck getting yr hands on a Predator tho -they go quick out of FS forums...

And a nice used iBasso D1 soon to be booking its Quantas flight
biggrin.gif

Edit\ Oops, not all - the FiiO was new, lol.

Good idea! That had crossed my mind but for some reason it had slipped when I made that previous post
confused_face(1).gif
biggrin.gif
. Thats the avenue to check out, you're right!
smile_phones.gif
. How much are those Fiio's? Like a 1000 pence?
tongue_smile.gif
. I hear they're good though! What you make of them?

Sep 3, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #1,521 of 9,690
My FiiO cost 1p + 5.99 or 6.99 shipping
biggrin.gif
It's a bass-boosted, warm little thing - warms up the sound of my Beyer 660s nicely. I haven't tended to use it for IEMs, but do have to dem it on my ER-4S. Not too interested in using w/ Triple Fi as for me their low end is more than enough...

For the money, it's an absolute to-try buy. Nothing to lose beyond the price of a pack of American Spirit, lol.

Sep 3, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #1,522 of 9,690
Quote:

My FiiO cost 1p + 5.99 or 6.99 shipping
biggrin.gif
It's a bass-boosted, warm little thing - warms up the sound of my Beyer 660s nicely. I haven't tended to use it for IEMs, but do have to dem it on my ER-4S. Not too interested in using w/ Triple Fi as for me their low end is more than enough...

For the money, it's an absolute to-try buy. Nothing to lose beyond the price of a pack of American Spirit, lol.

At such a small price you can't argue! You're right, I think it is definately worth a buy to try indeed. I'll put that on my hit list. Maybe it'll boost the bass of my SA6 to a more satisfying level
beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #1,524 of 9,690
Quote:

FiiO with SA6? Check posts 518 -519 out:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/f...9/index52.html

May be useful info?

Interesting, thanks for the link! I can use the sleek silicones without too much dicomfort or irritation so it houldn't be too uch of a problem for me, asuming withe olives I find the same effect on sound as those two guys. Prefer the olives but the sleek tips aren't bad by any means. And at the price of the fiio's its still worth the but ti try
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #1,526 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I'm using shure with the small flex sleeves now, will the TF10 be too big for me?

That sounded weird..

Personal fit is a hard one to call.
More info needed.
Which model of Shure? How do you find their comfort?
What other IEMs, tip sizes/types have you tried?
Big ears/small canals or small/small?

Small E2c Flex sleeves fit on Triple Fi, but the bore is bigger than SE530. Whether that difference in bore size is enough to rule out Triple Fi for you personally, who knows? Bear in mind that the body (the big blue driver housing)of Triple Fi doesn't insert in your ear, only the tip mount.

Sep 6, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #1,527 of 9,690
My comply foam tips ripped while in my headphone case.
err need to find a way to store these in the case while using comply foam tips. xD

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #1,528 of 9,690
Cut out the inner mounts of a pr of UE silicon large, & use the remaining mushroom as covers over the Comply?
biggrin.gif

Or get a Shure SE530 case -more room!

Sep 6, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #1,529 of 9,690
Quote:

Personal fit is a hard one to call.
More info needed.
Which model of Shure? How do you find their comfort?
What other IEMs, tip sizes/types have you tried?
Big ears/small canals or small/small?

Small E2c Flex sleeves fit on Triple Fi, but the bore is bigger than SE530. Whether that difference in bore size is enough to rule out Triple Fi for you personally, who knows? Bear in mind that the body (the big blue driver housing)of Triple Fi doesn't insert in your ear, only the tip mount.

I got the e2c. useding the medium flex sleeves the bass is bloated and muddy so the seil isn't that good. The slip right in after a shower or when the ears isn't to dry, then it can be a little work to get the seal.

comfort is great

don't know if this is any useful information but my little finger( the smallest one
tongue.gif
) fits good in my ear. the other ones are a little to big and don't go all the way in. think it's approximately as thick as a aaa battery/ standard in wireless keyboards and mouses and so..

Sep 6, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #1,530 of 9,690
Believe me, the bass on E2c isn't going to improve no matter what tip you're using
wink.gif

Yes, wet ears don't work!

Trouble with the little finger thing, is that I think everyone has the same fit -their little finger fits exactly & the others are all too big no matter what size ear canal.

Not sure what it is you're asking -would Triple fi fit? Er, yes with the right size & type of tip (you've a lot of choice: Shure olives work well for lots of folks, similarly Comply, E2c black Flex and clear, & not forgetting UE's stock silicon and double-flange) perhaps even the flip mod, but would you find the fit comfortable? Can't say. No-one can. Only you when/if you try them....what I can guarantee is that from E2c to TF10 is a whole galaxy of better SQ
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back