Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 6, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #1,531 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At such a small price you can't argue! You're right, I think it is definately worth a buy to try indeed. I'll put that on my hit list. Maybe it'll boost the bass of my SA6 to a more satisfying level
beerchug.gif

Why not wait for the FiiO E5? At least then it will have volume control...

Sep 6, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #1,532 of 9,690
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and the Pico. I'm on the Pico pre-order list right now and I'd like to know if I should upgrade to the UE-11 since I've read lots of good things about that combo.

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #1,533 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not wait for the FiiO E5? At least then it will have volume control...

To be honest, I wana read the threads on the fiio amps in the portable amp section but just ain't got round to it yet. So, though I know an updated fiio E5 amp is on its way, I knew nothing about what it was bringing over the E3. Anything else besides a volume control? I'm by no means desparate for a fiio now- though, at that price, I'd prob order one now only for the E5 talk- but whens E5 out?

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #1,534 of 9,690
I have previously owned the Shure E4C and Shure E500 PTH IEM. My Shure E500 PTH have been returned for service. I can not wait for their return. After reading this thread, I decided to purchase the UE Triple.fi 10 Pros. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I will report my first impressions.

Sep 8, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #1,535 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by 86_Proof /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have previously owned the Shure E4C and Shure E500 PTH IEM. My Shure E500 PTH have been returned for service. I can not wait for their return. After reading this thread, I decided to purchase the UE Triple.fi 10 Pros. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I will report my first impressions.

Please do!
icon10.gif
Be very interested to see how you think they stack up against the SE530's! (I have both and love both
wink.gif
).

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #1,536 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been a very happy E500 user for the last year. I got my gf a pair of q-JAYS last year. The q-JAYS add a bit of the treble that the E500 lack, but at the cost of some bass... and smooth E500 characteristics.

When I had to send my shures back for cracking cables, I got the TF10P as an experiment. Well, I don't think they made it even a couple of weeks. I pretty quickly decided I needed to try the UE customs. This was largely due to the form/fit of the UE universals. I remember not liking the Super.fi 5 Pro, and I couldn't get comfy with the TF's either, having the same external form. (I can't complain too bitterly about it, but when compared to the E500 fit, it simply is not as comfy/snug IMO.)

I will, however, agree in saying that the Triple.fi 10 Pro's are some of the best if not the best sounding universal fit IEM available today. Balanced frequency response... non-fatiguing, accurate trebles that reveal parts of your music that you cannot hear with the E500. Smooth sound through the mids and into the bass. Bass is very nicely integrated with great detail/texture. I fell in love with the sound!

So in an effort to have a killer IEM in all aspects, I just said fckit and went right for the UE11's. In the 5 days I had them, they sounded quiiiiteee impressive from my Predator. I will finally get them back this week after being slightly adjusted on the right side. Sending them back for refits is definitely a downside of going custom (I envy folks who had a perfect fit the first time!) but it seems to be a downside among many upsides.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy that UE house sound! I know I do!

exactly~~

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #1,537 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by fumashirou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
exactly~~

Well, not exactly. Goin custom is not for everyone. With UE's its down right expensive for starters (and can quickly escalate if you have a temperamnetal quest for right fit experience)! The hard acrylics the custom shells are made out of can be uncomforatble for a percentage of ppl, which is something I've only recently started to hear wind of. Then, of course, your ears contstantly grow and their shape and contours evolve in conjunction meaning a pair of customs will cease to fit you a few years down the line. And, the big credit cruncher- no resale value!

Sep 9, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #1,538 of 9,690
whoa, ears continue to grow? even for adults? unless you mean constant inflammations swelling and stuff?

Sep 9, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #1,539 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infoseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoa, ears continue to grow? even for adults? unless you mean constant inflammations swelling and stuff?

The ears AND nose continues to grow all throughout adulthood
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #1,540 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by 86_Proof /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, the Triple.fi10 earphones were delivered today at 12:30 pm. Initially, I could not get them to fit in my ear. However, I tried another pair of tips, and I was able get them to seal in my ear. I have used them to listen several different genres of music ( from Take Five - Dave Brubeck's Quartet to Ready, Steady, Go - Oakenfold to Sucker MC's -Run-DMC) I must say, I am thoroughly impressed by their performance! Nice highs, loud vocals, and clean bass.

Sep 10, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #1,541 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ears AND nose continues to grow all throughout adulthood
smily_headphones1.gif

Resale value for customise UE IEM is definitely no good but I read that the fit for the universal one will not really seal properly.

U mean to say it's will not fit if I am to buy a customise UE IEM down the road ? I was thinking of getting the UE11 Pro customise one solely for myself but if that's the case, it's does not make a difference in time to come. So maybe a universal one but the fitting ?

By the way, I read UE Triple.fi 10 Pro & also UE10 Pro. Is it the same ?

Thanks.

Sep 10, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #1,542 of 9,690
Yup UE10 is just the custom version for your ears. They take pride in claiming the mass-produced Triple-fi pros and the UE10 having the same sound signatures.

The Triple-Fi Pros can give you a good seal, just don't expect to go all out playing basketball or something with these on.

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #1,543 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infoseeker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup UE10 is just the custom version for your ears. They take pride in claiming the mass-produced Triple-fi pros and the UE10 having the same sound signatures.

The Triple-Fi Pros can give you a good seal, just don't expect to go all out playing basketball or something with these on.

So UE11 = UE11 Pro & UE10 = UE10 Pro are the same thing.
But UE10 sound should be way way better compared to Triple-fi 10 pros ? U pay so much more.

Thinking of going custom but $$$ & read that down the year, customise IEM might be fit ? I had just ordered myself a Iaudio7 16GB & is currently thinking of a IEM.

I am using edition9 with my H340 & Xin SM4 portable amp. Sound is very good but too bad, my battery in my H340 needed to be replaced so I got myself an extra I7.

I only used E2C IEM before & hope to get the ultimate IEM so that no need to upgrade again down the road.

I am still thinking & also ACS T1. Of course SQ is my first priority, not really interested in video & that's why I choose I7 instead of D2.

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #1,545 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, not exactly. Goin custom is not for everyone. With UE's its down right expensive for starters (and can quickly escalate if you have a temperamnetal quest for right fit experience)! The hard acrylics the custom shells are made out of can be uncomforatble for a percentage of ppl, which is something I've only recently started to hear wind of. Then, of course, your ears contstantly grow and their shape and contours evolve in conjunction meaning a pair of customs will cease to fit you a few years down the line. And, the big credit cruncher- no resale value!

There are two things I;m pretty happy. One is tf10 pro fits my ears pretty well. The other is I'm not gonna to sell my tf10.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back