Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 29, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #406 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to IEM land! When they arrive spend some time getting comfortable with the fit, try the flip mod (easily reversible, just take care when you initially tease out the cables), different tips etc. They are big for IEMs but still very comfortable I find, tho it took me awhile experimenting with foams, olives etc. I don't get on w/ flanges sadly, so I ruled them out quickly. YMMV of course
smily_headphones1.gif

I've used mine with a SuperMicro IV and RSA Hornet -both have been good in delivering that nice deep but clear sound, with a good wide soundstage and balance. TF10 is great w/out an amp, but I usually prefer to go loaded...

Thanks for the tips! With all the positive comments about the TF, I'm really quite anxious for them to show up. I was initially put off by the size of these IEMs, but as long as they're comfortable I won't mind. SQ is more important, and they seem to have the edge in "balanced" sound signature over the Shures, according to a number of comments I've read.

Has anybody tried the included "Sound level attenuator"? I'm wondering if that would be useful with an amp like the Gilmore, i.e., one that's set up more for high-impedance cans.

May 29, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #407 of 9,690
Just picked up my M-Audio IE-40s yesterday (rebranded Triple.Fis), along with a brand spankin' new Sony A829. Been wearing them ever since, and going through the various tips to find a set I like. Was digging the bi-flanges for a but, but eventually found them a pain. Currently using the large set that came with the A829.

Anyway. I can't believe the sound quality on them, pretty damn detailed... been running them through both the A829 and my 1616m, and the sound is incredible.

First impressions are that they're much more neutral, and a bit brighter than my Senn HD280pros, but also far more upfront and detailed. Getting used to the bass, as it's an entirely different flavor than what I'm used to, especially in my home studio rockin' a KRK sub, but I do like the definition on it.

Anyway. I'm loving 'em... was actually stumbling on this thread via google that made up my mind to drop the cash (and fuel a new website addiction)!

May 29, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #408 of 9,690
I've read somewhere on head fi that the M-Audio IE-40s are not 100% to the Triple Fi's.
is this correct?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodeca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked up my M-Audio IE-40s yesterday (rebranded Triple.Fis), along with a brand spankin' new Sony A829. Been wearing them ever since, and going through the various tips to find a set I like. Was digging the bi-flanges for a but, but eventually found them a pain. Currently using the large set that came with the A829.

Anyway. I can't believe the sound quality on them, pretty damn detailed... been running them through both the A829 and my 1616m, and the sound is incredible.

First impressions are that they're much more neutral, and a bit brighter than my Senn HD280pros, but also far more upfront and detailed. Getting used to the bass, as it's an entirely different flavor than what I'm used to, especially in my home studio rockin' a KRK sub, but I do like the definition on it.

Anyway. I'm loving 'em... was actually stumbling on this thread via google that made up my mind to drop the cash (and fuel a new website addiction)!

May 29, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #409 of 9,690
I spent a week trolling every corner of the net, and by all indications, they're the same unit. Even a press release from UE confirming this. But, I've never tried the Triple.fi's, so I can't say for sure.

What I haven't noticed, though, is the magical highs I saw rambled on about across various sites. Which is actually nice, as they'll be doubling as portable studio monitors for production, so the flatter the better.

May 29, 2008 at 10:44 AM Post #410 of 9,690
Congratulations Dudeca, and welcome to head-fi. Sorry about your wallet (head-fi welcome).
smily_headphones1.gif

Buy and amp for your IE40's and they'll sound even better. Then don't stop enjoying the forums here.
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #411 of 9,690
Thanks for the welcome, my wallet can stand the abuse... as long as the gf doesn't find out I spent well over $300 on headphones!
wink.gif

I'm was thinking about an amp, but the A829 seems to be driving the IE40s pretty well, so I think I can put it off for a bit... any recommendations, though?

May 29, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #412 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodeca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the welcome, my wallet can stand the abuse... as long as the gf doesn't find out I spent well over $300 on headphones!
wink.gif

I'm was thinking about an amp, but the A829 seems to be driving the IE40s pretty well, so I think I can put it off for a bit... any recommendations, though?

I have the A829 and the Triples sound great with it.

May 29, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #413 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the shure e2c now but thinking of getting the TF 10.
How big a improvment of SQ would that be?
Would be great if you could compare the sound to the MS1, HP890, porta pro or e2c so I can get e feeling of how they sound
redface.gif

Specifically v E2c: you will get a window, hell a whole side of a house opening into the music...bass will be deep but clear and detailed. It will not spread over into mids etc and colour the sound. Mids are, IME, nicely presented (female vocals come over very well), and have an openness and sparkle you just don't get w/ E2c. Treble is detailed and inviting, never harsh or glaring. Hi-hats come off butter smooth. (yeah, I know: you have E2c, you're asking what treble?! LOL).

The sound(head)stage alone will be an eyeopener between the two. Instruments will be separated and layered and more easily followed. The whole signature will be much (as in much) less muddy and blocky, while retaining a very open, airy but solid presentation that just leads you further into the music.

They sound simply damn enjoyable too, which I don't recall my E2c ever coming close to, nice as I found them for my very first in ear phone (until I heard some others). Hope this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #414 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the A829 and the Triples sound great with it.

Yeah, I'm really digging the sound coming straight out of it. I actually prefer it to running straight out of my 1616m... the A829 is warmer and just as detailed. I *really* like the interface on it, too. I was in shops and on the net all week reading up and testing out players... as soon as I plugged into the Sony, I was sold.

May 29, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #415 of 9,690
Hi, I am based in Mumbai, India and I have recently bought the Triple Fi Pro 10 at Jaben in Singapore. I originally went in to buy the UE5 and I had been listening for about an hour trying to decide. Then I heard these - and epiphany happened. Took me just 30 secs to decide to shell out the extra cash. The difference was THAT huge. I love these!! I would like to post my impressions of them even though I don't have a lot of technical knowledge or past experience with great IEMs. I've upgraded from Sony EX71 and Senn. CX 300. They are now history in my life (along with my financial position, which i don't dare to think about). The rupee pinches against the dollar!

May 29, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #416 of 9,690
'Epiphany'....wow! Good word. Won't be long before a headphone get's named that...

Welcome to the Tripper Community!

and Head Fi!
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #417 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I am based in Mumbai, India and I have recently bought the Triple Fi Pro 10 at Jaben in Singapore. I originally went in to buy the UE5 and I had been listening for about an hour trying to decide. Then I heard these - and epiphany happened. Took me just 30 secs to decide to shell out the extra cash. The difference was THAT huge. I love these!! I would like to post my impressions of them even though I don't have a lot of technical knowledge or past experience with great IEMs. I've upgraded from Sony EX71 and Senn. CX 300. They are now history in my life (along with my financial position, which i don't dare to think about). The rupee pinches against the dollar!

glad to hear you came to visit our humble city! hope you enjoyed your stay friend
wink.gif

i myself go there pretty often to dissolve into the variety of phones available heh. and about the dollar, our dollar is pretty strong now isn't it. if u'd bought it a coupla months ago it wouldn't have been so bad.

May 29, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #418 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'Epiphany'....wow! Good word. Won't be long before a headphone get's named that...

Welcome to the Tripper Community!

and Head Fi!
biggrin.gif

Thanks! Actually names which are simple nouns would be easy to remember than all these alpha-numeric combos they use today
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
glad to hear you came to visit our humble city! hope you enjoyed your stay friend
wink.gif

i myself to there pretty often to dissolve into the variety of phones available heh. and about the dollar, our dollar is pretty strong now isn't it. if u'd bought it a coupla months ago it wouldn't have been so bad.

Your city is beautiful - but Jaben has to be the best thing about it. I congratulated myself that I don't live in Singapore or I would be perpetually penniless!!

May 29, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #419 of 9,690
I just got my TF10s back from UE and after listening to the ER4s for the past two weeks, it was really nice putting these back on. They are much better in my opinion. Also, it seems their tips are new and different from my old TFs. I was using the Comply T-400 previously but just stuck these in my ears with the med tips in and they sealed great and sound great. I might just stick with them.

May 29, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #420 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! Actually names which are simple nouns would be easy to remember than all these alpha-numeric combos they use today
smily_headphones1.gif

Your city is beautiful - but Jaben has to be the best thing about it. I congratulated myself that I don't live in Singapore or I would be perpetually penniless!!

i second that. it can be hard to follow. although, i suppose they have their reasons for using alphanumerics.

and you could just learn from me and go down whenever you feel like listening to some wicked gear heh. we're so small anyway it doesn't take long to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back