Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 28, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #376 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to IEM land! When they arrive spend some time getting comfortable with the fit, try the flip mod (easily reversible, just take care when you initially tease out the cables), different tips etc. They are big for IEMs but still very comfortable I find, tho it took me awhile experimenting with foams, olives etc. I don't get on w/ flanges sadly, so I ruled them out quickly. YMMV of course
smily_headphones1.gif

I've used mine with a SuperMicro IV and RSA Hornet -both have been good in delivering that nice deep but clear sound, with a good wide soundstage and balance. TF10 is great w/out an amp, but I usually prefer to go loaded...

that's nice to hear that they work well without an amp. for now i'll be runnign them directly from my iriver clix 2, as i don't like carrying too many things around.

how would you say these are for isolation? i have the denon c700 and they're not very good in that department, no matter what tips i try on. it might be cause they're open earphones. i'm hoping the TF10 can do well with isolation cus i tend to turn up the volume once there's ambient noise, and that's hurting my ears i'm afraid.

May 28, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #377 of 9,690
i had mine on at the gym last night,cut out all that noise from running machines ect..yep pretty good isolation

May 28, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #378 of 9,690
I'm set to spring for these this weekend. Just a couple questions to the owners:

1. Isnt there anyone at all that's happy with the stock flanges. I may not have alternative tips for these yet. The stock tips of my CK7 work great for me so I'm hoping I could use these instead or are the ones that come with the Triple.fi better rubbers?

2. I am not a fan of wearing my phones "over the ears". I wear them straight down. Is there an owner that has tried or wear em this way? These might save me from doing the flip-flop mod, right?

May 28, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #379 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had mine on at the gym last night,cut out all that noise from running machines ect..yep pretty good isolation

i'm more afraid of buses and cars outside. i live in a very busy city, so it can be very noisy when i'm taking public transport.

thing is you can't really hear it when music's playing, except i start to lose detail and maybe some bass presentation, to which i instinctively respond by turning up the volume; so i can tell when ambient noise is contributing to the sound entering my ears. best way to test would be without music playing at all, just using the earphones like earplugs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm set to spring for these this weekend. Just a couple questions to the owners:

1. Isnt there anyone at all that's happy with the stock flanges. I may not have alternative tips for these yet. The stock tips of my CK7 work great for me so I'm hoping I could use these instead or are the ones that come with the Triple.fi better rubbers?

2. I am not a fan of wearing my phones "over the ears". I wear them straight down. Is there an owner that has tried or wear em this way? These might save me from doing the flip-flop mod, right?

1. i think the stock flanges are decent, just that the way they're contructed (big output diametre) isn't very secure, so they might move about if u're using them to commute, compared to foamies, or a pair of silicon flanges with a smaller hole which will provide more contact with your ear canals and hold better. u wouldn't have to worry about this if u're just using them stationary though.

2. i believe most ppl end up prefering the over the ear method once they've gotten used to it. it greatly reduces microphonics and holds the iems in place much better than wearing them straight down can. also, because the TF10 is a sizable IEM, and long to boot, wearing them straight down would make it insecure from the cable tugging..

May 28, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #380 of 9,690
Kool. Counting the hours.
biggrin.gif

I love my CK7 and have a perfect seal, tight bass, balanced and slightly forward mids and crystal clear highs. I've read that the Triples would be an upgrade. Can't wait to compare them.

I hope I wont have problems with the fit.

May 28, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #381 of 9,690
Well I took mine on their first tube ride today and they isolated better than the Denons, but if there's no music playing it's easy to hear the thunder of the train. I set the volume (on my Sony) to 18/30, and with the Denons I'd set it to 22/30 so the Triples are slightly better. Once the music's playing, it's hard to hear anything else unless you're specifically listening for it.

They're taking their first flight next week so I'm curious to see how well they do on planes.

Oh, and I did notice (on the train) that before I'd switched on the music, I could hear at least 70% background noise. There was a guy sitting next to me using Nokia headphones with his phone and the leakage was very audible. So the Triples aren't much use as earplugs, but who wants to wear them like that anyway??

May 28, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #382 of 9,690
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I love my CK7 and have a perfect seal, tight bass, balanced and slightly forward mids and crystal clear highs. I've read that the Triples would be an upgrade. Can't wait to compare them.

u've got plenty of options with tips even if you do initially.. don't worry yet. i'm waitin too. unfortunately, i'm livin on the other side of the world... so i'll prolly get mine later than you =s

May 28, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #383 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I took mine on their first tube ride today and they isolated better than the Denons, but if there's no music playing it's easy to hear the thunder of the train. I set the volume (on my Sony) to 18/30, and with the Denons I'd set it to 22/30 so the Triples are slightly better. Once the music's playing, it's hard to hear anything else unless you're specifically listening for it.

They're taking their first flight next week so I'm curious to see how well they do on planes.

Oh, and I did notice (on the train) that before I'd switched on the music, I could hear at least 70% background noise. There was a guy sitting next to me using Nokia headphones with his phone and the leakage was very audible. So the Triples aren't much use as earplugs, but who wants to wear them like that anyway??

that's disappointing to hear..but what tips are you using them with? one of the reasons why i bought a pair was cus supposedly they're one of the better isolating IEMs around, inferior in isolation prolly only to the etys

May 28, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #384 of 9,690
Quote:

biggrin.gif

My CK7 is my favorite dynamic earphone. The TF10 is not as bright sounding, but has smoother bass (maybe a bit less of it though). I think the mids are a bit better and overall the TF10 sounds a bit more detailed. I think the TF10 is better but the CK7 is the more fun sounding earphone.

May 28, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #385 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's disappointing to hear..but what tips are you using them with? one of the reasons why i bought a pair was cus supposedly they're one of the better isolating IEMs around, inferior in isolation prolly only to the etys

I used Sony tips. I guess foam tips would isolate a lot better but the Comply T-400's were too big for me, and the ones that came with the Triples could fit a horse's ears
biggrin.gif

The point is they definitely isolate better than the Denons, and once that big wall of sound kicks in, they're really very enjoyable, even on public transport! They isolate well enough for me that I'm happy to use them on the tube again. By the way, the 70% background noise that's there before you turn on the music is pretty muffled, and really not an issue at all.

May 28, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #386 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used Sony tips. I guess foam tips would isolate a lot better but the Comply T-400's were too big for me, and the ones that came with the Triples could fit a horse's ears
biggrin.gif

The point is they definitely isolate better than the Denons, and once that big wall of sound kicks in, they're really very enjoyable, even on public transport! They isolate well enough for me that I'm happy to use them on the tube again. By the way, the 70% background noise that's there before you turn on the music is pretty muffled, and really not an issue at all.

i use the T400s with my denons. the stock foamies are terrible. I made the mistake of buying 3 pairs for my C700, and everything about them is bad. they don't expand properly, they're cylindrical, and the material is terrible. T400 is superior in every way, and thankfully they're only slightly bigger than i'd prefer them to be. i liked both the medium UE tips and the T400, with the T400 having better fit, but I haven't exactly decided which sound i prefer. I'll have to try them extensively when i actually receive my TF10.

glad to hear they're that much of an upgrade over the denons; i've been wanting to upgrade for a long time, but i just couldn't decide on what. at least we've got someone here who's moving from the c700 directly to the TF10 and likes em so much!

May 28, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #387 of 9,690
Just recieved mine today. I don't want to say too much before some more time with them..but for starters I am blown away. First and foremost...with my p2 amp there is absolutely no lack of bass. I am getting beautiful bass w/o it overpowering. I for sure see the amazing highs! I am hearing the cymbals clash like never before and also the backing vocals come out so sweet ( hear them where I didn't before ). Listening to Matchbox 20 greatest and hearing so much more than I've ever noticed before.
I am going away for the weekend and will have alot of listening time. I will post more of my opinions after that. I am a basshead and am well pleased with the bass while using my p2...I will do some listening straight out of my ipod and give my impressions there after the weekend.
For first impessions, they have surpassed my hopes!!! Fit so far is fine using the small silicone single flange. Flip flop method as with superfi.5 hurts my ears..but regular is fine so far.

May 28, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #388 of 9,690
be calm, dont get excited, im going to base my purchess ENTIERLY on your response becuase i also listen to matchbox 20 alot,

the Triple.fi 10 pro sound better then the SE530 ?

May 28, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #389 of 9,690
I listen to Matchbox loads too and have had the TF10's for over 6 months now. They never fail to impress, even now. You will not be disapointed. Far from it, you will walk down the street with a grin from ear to ear!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back