Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 28, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #391 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea, i know, but the issue is that he also has the SE530 in his signature, its alot of cash, and i want to make sure i make the right choice,

Basically, the E500/SE530 is the big lumbering giant, and the triple.fi is Nimble Jack.
wink.gif

I'm talking about sound signature, btw.
tongue.gif

May 28, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #392 of 9,690
I'm not saying yet which sounds better...I'm just saying that I hear things with the triple.fi that I never heard with the se530. Please don't base any purchases on my opinion...I'm just saying I am hearing alot of new things with the triple.fi that I did not hear with the se530 ( that is including the ibasso p2 amp which has alot of bass boost.. can't say yet with just ipod.).. I will report more later on them.. as in a few days.. I am really loving my first impressions of the triplefi.10 pro's, I can't believe what I'm hearing, way more bass with the p2 than I thought.

May 28, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #393 of 9,690
Triple Fi can turn in an impressive bass performance for sure, and I love the fact that it never overwhelms mids or highs.

So far I have not found a musical genre (and I cover the bases) where my listening pleasure has not been enhanced by them.

But what the heck is Matchbox? A group?
Sounds poppy.....

"Nimble Jack" LOL. So true.

May 28, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #394 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Triple Fi can turn in an impressive bass performance for sure, and I love the fact that it never overwhelms mids or highs.

Me too. I'm surprised though by how many people say the midrange is recessed. Midrange is very prominent on my Sony, so maybe it presents itself slightly differently with different sources? Anyway, I hear an almost equal balance of each frequency. The midrange may not be quite as smooth or open as the SA6, but the SA6 lacked bass (to my ears) and the Triples don't lack any so the overall sound is much more satisfying.

I can listen to them for hours and hours and hours and I enjoy absolutely everything with them.
When I have to take them out, I miss them
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

May 28, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #395 of 9,690
x2. I never quite got the 'recessed mids' comments either....just thought I must have duff ears
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #396 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can listen to them for hours and hours and hours and I enjoy absolutely everything with them.
When I have to take them out, I miss them
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I'm glad I'm not alone! It's got to the point where I have to seriously consider whether I should listen with Trips at bedtime because one album, or two, is simply never enough. Last night: two hours sleep. I need coffee....then tonight I'll have to read. But I'll miss listening with them. Through the day too....it's lurve.

May 28, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #399 of 9,690
I think TF 10Pro soundsignature changed after putting new cables.

May 28, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #400 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
soozieq, how would you compare the triple with your previously owned (and sold at an incredible price at amazon) Klipsch Image?

I loved the Image for a very very short time. In fact, I still remember that bass with a lot of fondness!! But after more listening time I became quite bothered by the 'in the head' vocals. Turning the volume up made the vocals scream and it got too much for me. I couldn't stand the microphonics either.

But the Triples do nothing to annoy me whatsoever. I don't wish for anything more or less from them. They're comfy, they stay put, they sound great, the soundstage is awesome, the cable doesn't bother me and they pair really well with my new Sony. For now, I am absolutely satisfied. I've been using them constantly for over 3 weeks and can't find a single negative thing to say about them at all. The honeymoon period just doesn't end
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #401 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea, i know, but the issue is that he also has the SE530 in his signature, its alot of cash, and i want to make sure i make the right choice,

well u're definitely not short of any comparisons between those 2 on the forums here. they're only brimming with them...

May 29, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #402 of 9,690
TF10 + Comply tips + flip flop + RSA Predator (even @ 8hours burn-in haha) = incredible.

I originally bought the amp for my UE11s but they have not arrived yet lol

May 29, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #403 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by user1029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TF10 + Comply tips + flip flop + RSA Predator (even @ 8hours burn-in haha) = incredible.

hey mate you mind posting some pics with the tripfi worn flipflopped?

May 29, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #404 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by user1029 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What be your source and cable?

May 29, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #405 of 9,690
I have the shure e2c now but thinking of getting the TF 10.
How big a improvment of SQ would that be?
Would be great if you could compare the sound to the MS1, HP890, porta pro or e2c so I can get e feeling of how they sound
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back