Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #5,536 of 9,690
I shouldn't hate the ER4P/S so much I just got tired of the problems with bass and the distortion that pushing them causes. Great mids and highs just nothing else for me. The bass on these two is actually quite similar it is just the Ety's are not very well made and when amped can break down easily if you push them imo. These really aren't much different but I have had too many repairs for the Ety's and I am just about done with that kind of stuff. They don't seem to be able to handle any oomph.

They are also very light and are prone to falling all over the place when i set them down still attached to my extension cable. Weird but true. That might cause some harm when they drop as well. I just think single armatures are all but done in this industry. They don't really have any benefits and the fact is single speakers don't play the whole spectrum of frequencies very well. For the Ety's it is obviously the bass regions where they come up emptier than most. I still like them just not willing to pay anymore to repair them.

I hope I never go through that with these. These are pretty much what I hoped Ety would do if they made a more high end version of the ER4P. At least after a slight EQ. I don't know if certain types of anything sound better on the Ety's. It is possible but I doubt it. I have EQ'd the triple's so close to those and with the extra benefits of the bass driver I just don't see what they could be doing better.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #5,537 of 9,690
I don't think single BA's are done, just look at the Ortofon and Grado's both of which are excellent not to mention the FAD FI-BA-SS.  

As for the Ety's the lack of bass and the narrower soundstage is its only real short fall.  With my FiiO amp I can get the bass on my HF5's to sound pretty good and they don't get distorted at all.

I do agree though that you can always at least imo get multiple driver BA's to sound better than singles if done right.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #5,538 of 9,690
Oh wow. I've found that the Monster silicons give me a better and easier seal and fit with these than even the Sony Hybrids! I don't have to fiddle with them as much and my seal isn't breaking when I move around or chew and what have you.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #5,539 of 9,690
This is weird, on the UE website they have the TF10's back up but still says out of stock.  I don't know why they'd put them back on if their still discontinued.

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #5,541 of 9,690
Maybe their following this thread and messing with us 
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #5,544 of 9,690
First post, though I've lurked for a bit.

Question for the rest of the TF10 users.  What do you use to carry everything around in?  The small metal case is great for the IEMs themselves, but between work, home, and travel, I benefit from having the extension cable and the attenuator always at the ready.  At the same time, I'd like to keep some extra tips with me just in case.  I'm using the box that they came in for the time being, but that obviously won't hold up.  I'm hoping for an elegant solution.

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #5,545 of 9,690
I'd just use the UE case for the TF10's and then you can find something small to put everything else in.   I'm sure you can go to say Best Buy and find something that will work.

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #5,546 of 9,690
A question to TF10 owners and experts: what is BA structure inside TF10 and is crossover 2-way or 3-way? I know that there are 3 BA drivers in each ear 2 of them woofers and one tweeter. Can someone explain please.

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #5,547 of 9,690
It has one single BA for highs and a dual BA with one sound port for the mids and bass with a 2-way crossover.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #5,548 of 9,690
I'm using the UE zippo case it's small and I can stuff my customs in there and doesn't take up much room in my pocket unlike the UE metal case.  How about the Altoids tin lol.

Quote:

Question for the rest of the TF10 users.  What do you use to carry everything around in?  The small metal case is great for the IEMs themselves, but between work, home, and travel, I benefit from having the extension cable and the attenuator always at the ready.  At the same time, I'd like to keep some extra tips with me just in case.  I'm using the box that they came in for the time being, but that obviously won't hold up.  I'm hoping for an elegant solution.

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #5,549 of 9,690

Quote:

I use the UE case.  I have custom reshells so I don't need tips.  But even when I had stock TF10s, I don't need to carry tips around with me.  If I lose a tip or it breaks, I can wait the few hours til I get home.  

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #5,550 of 9,690
This is TF 10 thread, let's not start trashing Etys.

Mine TF10 just came and so let me give you some first thoughts. These are muddier than the ER-4p (of course) but the bass is aboslutley amazing--just put on Alicia Keys' No One.

For $164 they are definatley worth it, but if by MSRP, I would personally get the ER4ps over these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back