Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #5,551 of 9,690
I also use the metal case.  I can fit the TF10's with a 64" cable from Westone, my Fiio E6 and the L9 LOD and still hold a spare pair of foam Comply's.  You have to lay the IEM's down in such a way that they are mostly parallel with the flattest part of the case, but it still works.  But yeah, it's a big lump in your pocket... maybe that explains all the stares and gasps!

Jan 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #5,552 of 9,690

Quote:
I'd just use the UE case for the TF10's and then you can find something small to put everything else in.   I'm sure you can go to say Best Buy and find something that will work.

I thought about that.  A UE case (like the one supplied) that is about 50% wider would be perfect.

Quote:
I'm using the UE zippo case it's small and I can stuff my customs in there and doesn't take up much room in my pocket unlike the UE metal case.  How about the Altoids tin lol.

The original case reminded me a bit of an Altoids tin anyways!  I do like the Zippo case, though it might be a little snug for what I'm looking for.

Quote:
I use the UE case.  I have custom reshells so I don't need tips.  But even when I had stock TF10s, I don't need to carry tips around with me.  If I lose a tip or it breaks, I can wait the few hours til I get home.  

Fair enough and for work, I can do without the extra tips as well (just replace when I get home).  When I travel, however, it could be a matter of days (First World Problems, I know).  With the right case, carrying the tips around really doesn't add any inconvenience, so I might as well have them at the ready.

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #5,553 of 9,690
Man I was just about to loan my TF10's to a fellow head-fier for some GR07's when I took them to work so I could listen to them before I sent them off for a month and noticed the right side mid and bass sounded off compared to the left.  I thought it was my Complys because I had to use some large ones as my mediums got worn out but when I got home and switched out tips I could still hear the imbalance from the right side.  I've never had a problem with them since I got them at the first of December but at least the Amazon return policy is still good because of the holidays.

Glad I got the FXT90's and my Ety's because the ClarityOnes and S4's just don't compete but I'll be missing my TF10's for awhile, this really sucks.

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #5,554 of 9,690

Quote:
Man I was just about to loan my TF10's to a fellow head-fier for some GR07's when I took them to work so I could listen to them before I sent them off for a month and noticed the right side mid and bass sounded off compared to the left.  I thought it was my Complys because I had to use some large ones as my mediums got worn out but when I got home and switched out tips I could still hear the imbalance from the right side.  I've never had a problem with them since I got them at the first of December but at least the Amazon return policy is still good because of the holidays.

Glad I got the FXT90's and my Ety's because the ClarityOnes and S4's just don't compete but I'll be missing my TF10's for awhile, this really sucks.

This issue with imbalance is really starting to worry me. I sure hope I don't have this issue when they are in custom form. If so I'm done with TF10s period... The only time I had this issue with my IE8 was after I ripped the right driver in half and it never sounded right after that. I was thinking it was my ears but it sounded the same even in my other ear...

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #5,556 of 9,690

Quote:
You are getting me worried guys...

I hope not for my sake either... That could explain the reason why these things go on sale from time to time. Also the fact that they may have been discontinued.... Maybe I should have just opted for the GR07 :frowning2:

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #5,558 of 9,690

Quote:
I don't think that GR07 would have sounded so good. I was deciding between GR07 & FXT90 a couple of months ago and went for fxt90.

Well its a preference thing and the fact that I already own the FX700 I'd rather have something more different. The GR07 are suppose to be more on the balanced side. Same goes for the TF10 but the mid range is quite recessed in comparison to its other frequencies. I mainly wanted an excuse to try out full Customs before I really spend big buck in it...

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #5,559 of 9,690
I wouldn't be to worried about it even though this happened to me I know it a small % compared to how many the sell.

I'm thinking its something that got in there and it blocking that little side where the mid/bass driver is.  It might sound stupid but I'm letting them hang down with the nozzle facing down to see if anything may fallout and also blow some compressed air into it gently to see if that loosens anything up out of it.  At this point I'll try anything as long as it doesn't totally mess them up so I can still return them if need be.

Jan 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #5,560 of 9,690
Quote:
I wouldn't be to worried about it even though this happened to me I know it a small % compared to how many the sell.

I'm thinking its something that got in there and it blocking that little side where the mid/bass driver is.  It might sound stupid but I'm letting them hang down with the nozzle facing down to see if anything may fallout and also blow some compressed air into it gently to see if that loosens anything up out of it.  At this point I'll try anything as long as it doesn't totally mess them up so I can still return them if need be.

You could have some gold deposits packed away in there :)

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #5,561 of 9,690
I tried both gr07 and tf10. I find it hard to like gr07 because I like the tf10. Same goes for few of my friends. I find them both very different, for two different worlds

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #5,563 of 9,690
I'm so happy now because it was something blocking it (I'm guessing) and not the driver its self.  After I took one of thoughs compressed air cans and blow it down the nozzle what ever was in the way is gone now and I can hear everything as good as the first day i got them.  I don't know what it was and I'm so glad I didn't have to try and return them but I make me wish the had some kind of filter on the front so little objects couldn't get in there.  It make me want to try and rig something up to put on the front of it like some thin cloth that I could wrap around the front nozzle that wouldn't change the sound.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #5,564 of 9,690
I'm hoping the reshell will take care of this. Plus that extra isolation that comes with a reshell is very temping as well. Sometimes it is very nice to block out the world. Makes for a much less stressful environment.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #5,565 of 9,690
I'm going to re-shell mine but I'm waiting tell I have about $500 extra because I want the UM 6 driver upgrade, or maybe just the 4 driver one with an extra mid to bring them more forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back