Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #5,521 of 9,690

Quote:
Wearing them straight down isn't really a comfort issue, I just couldn't get a good seal. They weren't in tight enough and just lost a ton of bass, using the grey foam (I think I read they are Comply) tips. Over ear they sound downright amazing, just putting them in and taking them out is a hassle.

Did you consider getting them custom molded to your ears?

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #5,522 of 9,690

Quote:
Wearing them straight down isn't really a comfort issue, I just couldn't get a good seal. They weren't in tight enough and just lost a ton of bass, using the grey foam (I think I read they are Comply) tips. Over ear they sound downright amazing, just putting them in and taking them out is a hassle.

Thats what happens to me also,  just can't get as good of a seal as I can over the ears.  I don't mind wearing them over the ears at all but when I'm just laying in bed or around the house it would be nice to be able to wear them down.

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #5,523 of 9,690

Quote:
Thats what happens to me also,  just can't get as good of a seal as I can over the ears.  I don't mind wearing them over the ears at all but when I'm just laying in bed or around the house it would be nice to be able to wear them down.

I wonder how Custom IEMs will work while sleeping with them in? :)

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #5,524 of 9,690

Quote:
I wonder how Custom IEMs will work while sleeping with them in? :)

I've only slept with my UE11's on the plane so not on my side with a pillow, but a custom with a good fit for your ear canal should stay snugly in your ear without much pressure from sleeping on them. 

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #5,525 of 9,690

Quote:
I've only slept with my UE11's on the plane so not on my side with a pillow, but a custom with a good fit for your ear canal should stay snugly in your ear without much pressure from sleeping on them. 

I generally sleep on my stomach with my arms under my pillow and my head turned to the right side.

Jan 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #5,526 of 9,690
being using the TF10 with complys for about 6 hours today, a bit of sore on the left ear but because i have had to remove them and put again (people talking or phone calls) besides that, this is as comfortable as it gets for me.

the only con, 2 weeks of daily use top and the foams are useless. I just ordered $30 on tips will be more careful with these ( I ruined the other because I used the TF10 at the gym and they got wet with sweat), and see how long they last. **** can get expensive.

ps: I ordered 3 black pairs and 3 red ones to use as L and R, amd I cool or what? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #5,527 of 9,690

Quote:
being using the TF10 with complys for about 6 hours today, a bit of sore on the left ear but because i have had to remove them and put again (people talking or phone calls) besides that, this is as comfortable as it gets for me.

the only con, 2 weeks of daily use top and the foams are useless. I just ordered $30 on tips will be more careful with these ( I ruined the other because I used the TF10 at the gym and they got wet with sweat), and see how long they last. **** can get expensive.

ps: I ordered 3 black pairs and 3 red ones to use as L and R, amd I cool or what? 
biggrin.gif

I know that is why I said you should buy stock with comply rflmao 
smile.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #5,528 of 9,690

Quote:
UE Custom cable?  I'm fairly certain all UE IEM's have the same cable plug, therefore their replacement cables are also universal for their product line.  I know I can interchange stock cables from my 5's to my 10's (I did this a lot when I was switching the cable with the microphone for the phone for the other stock cable without) and there wasn't a problem.  There also wasn't a pin snapping off in the process!  Did you mean a different brand?

This is not true.  I believe TF10 and 5's have the same socket, but the UE Customs are different.  You can fit the UE custom into a TF10 socket, but its really tight.  

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #5,530 of 9,690
I've fallen asleep to music this way, in a recliner very comfortable

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #5,533 of 9,690
I just ordered these off of Amazon for $164. Wow the price really came down in these years! I still remember when they were $400.

Adding to my collection:

Etymotic ER-4p
Etymotic ER-6i
Westone UM1

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #5,534 of 9,690
So far so good.. These babies have broken in well. I have a perfect seal with the normal tips so I don't know but I guess I am lucky. No balancing issues with channels so I guess the only thing is to wait a year and see if these hold up with daily use lol. I hope they do better than the Ety's. And uh, I haven't even looked back at those. Never will buy Etymotic again. That stuff to me was tiring--overall they just don't sound very high end on all frequencies and the soundstage sucks--but it was all I could afford. Great customer service, bad design. They seriously need to invest in something high end. Anything.

I dumped VLC because of weird static with all of my files and am totally just loving media player classic and ffdshow. Very easy to get the EQ going. I also noticed I do not have to EQ the mids as high and the EQ in general seems better imo. Mids are only sitting about 3 or so dB ahead of the lowest bass and treble frequencies and that to me is way better than whatever the hell VLC was doing. AFAIAConcerned VLC can go and die. So sick of that thing.

For 145 I feel like I got a 400 dollar pair of headphones.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #5,535 of 9,690

Quote:
For 145 I feel like I got a 400 dollar pair of headphones.

Really you did, I mean they were $400 when they first came out.

Also when you say you don't like the Ety's anymore were they ER-4's or HF5's.  I have the HF5 and yes the TF10's are over all technically better but the Ety's are still very good IEM's especially for $97 which is what I paid.  When I first got my TF10's I was like you though and thought the Ety's just sucked but after having gone back and really listen to them again they really are a good detailed set.  I still use them from time to time for certain types of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back