Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #5,566 of 9,690
Headphonia fb page said the TF10x6 is the best custom he has ever heard. When I asked for a comparison with the UM miracles he said he hasn't heard them, but he preferred his TF10 reshell over the jh16

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #5,567 of 9,690

Quote:
Headphonia fb page said the TF10x6 is the best custom he has ever heard. When I asked for a comparison with the UM miracles he said he hasn't heard them, but he preferred his TF10 reshell over the jh16

That sounds good but it also comes down to preference in all honesty. But from reviews I've read I don't think I'd like the JH16 based on how aggressive it an be.

Edit: Just got my UE clear 48 cable in and I must say this is one sexy looking cable. Think it will be quite a looker on my Custom TF10s when they finally arrive...

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #5,568 of 9,690

Quote:
I don't think that GR07 would have sounded so good. I was deciding between GR07 & FXT90 a couple of months ago and went for fxt90.

confused.gif

Ok, look. If you want phones strictly for EDM, go for the TF10. If you want to listen to anything except EDM, especially music that requires any proficiency in timbre or a mid-range say away. Even my eq'ed MP8320 seemed better to me than the TF10, especially for the price they try to sell it to you for regularly. 

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #5,569 of 9,690

Quote:
confused.gif

Ok, look. If you want phones strictly for EDM, go for the TF10. If you want to listen to anything except EDM, especially music that requires any proficiency in timbre or a mid-range say away. Even my eq'ed MP8320 seemed better to me than the TF10, especially for the price they try to sell it to you for regularly. 

Wow the Monoprice sounding better than TF10's, I don't know about that.  I have both and the 8320's can't even come close to the SQ of the TF10's no matter what type of music is being played.  To each their own though and if you like the Mono's over the TF10's good for you, but you have to be in the smallest of minority's on that one.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #5,570 of 9,690

Quote:

Wow the Monoprice sounding better than TF10's, I don't know about that.  I have both and the 8320's can't even come close to the SQ of the TF10's no matter what type of music is being played.  To each their own though and if you like the Mono's over the TF10's good for you, but you have to be in the smallest of minority's on that one.

I meant with my iphone's eq set on loudness, and reversed T500s. The TF10 is more refined, but the overall sound of the 8320 is better IMO.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #5,571 of 9,690

Quote:
I meant with my iphone's eq set on loudness, and reversed T500s. The TF10 is more refined, but the overall sound of the 8320 is better IMO.

Since you seem to love the GR07 so much I wouldn't be surprised if you'd find the IE80 to be a nice upgrade. Doesn't have the IE8 weakness (midbass bloat). Pretty much from what I gather the GR07 has the IE8s sound signature but non of its weakness'

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #5,572 of 9,690

Quote:
Since you seem to love the GR07 so much I wouldn't be surprised if you'd find the IE80 to be a nice upgrade. Doesn't have the IE8 weakness (midbass bloat). Pretty much from what I gather the GR07 has the IE8s sound signature but non of its weakness'

I actually found the GR07s sound boring compared to the IE8.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #5,573 of 9,690
I'm gonna brake them out right now and give them a listen because its been over a month since I have and see if the sound is better using my FiiO E5 with them.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #5,574 of 9,690

Quote:

Wow. Then good I didn't opt for them. Now if you think you enjoyed the IE8s (which I did until they mellowed out too much for my liking) you are really gonna like the IE80s. I dreaded having to send my non authorized pair back due to false advertising. But I wasn't gonna accept having no warranty support at $325.00. So tomorrow I should be receiving my pair. My FX700s have been taking care of me though through my separation (IE80 lol).

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #5,575 of 9,690

Quote:
Wow. Then good I didn't opt for them. Now if you think you enjoyed the IE8s (which I did until they mellowed out too much for my liking) you are really gonna like the IE80s. I dreaded having to send my non authorized pair back due to false advertising. But I wasn't gonna accept having no warranty support at $325.00. So tomorrow I should be receiving my pair. My FX700s have been taking care of me though through my separation (IE80 lol).

Man I loved the FX700, would've kept it if it had a longer cable, ridiculous how short it is. I know what you mean by separation, my Merlin is in China getting fixed right now. 
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #5,576 of 9,690

Quote:
Man I loved the FX700, would've kept it if it had a longer cable, ridiculous how short it is. I know what you mean by separation, my Merlin is in China getting fixed right now. 
frown.gif

Didn't you have the extension cable? I actually hate the stock extension cable. They just didn't get it right. The stock cable is too short while with the extension its too long lol. Also the extension cable degrades the sound, I notice this... So I'm actually looking for a smaller extension cable that is of half decent quality at least. While the Shure's have great isolation I hear they also make some "killer" cables.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #5,577 of 9,690
Just after listening to them for a couple of minutes they really do sound ok.  Their much clearer than I remember them being and the bass is over all pretty smooth and not to rolled off.  The mids are well represented as to are the highs, over all just from this extremely short listening time they sound descent and well worth the $9 I paid.  

I'd say I like these as much as my Klipsch S4's that were $75 when I got them but they still don't sound near as good as my TF10's do.

Thanks eke2k6 for reminding me about these I put them in my desk and just forgot about them, I think I'll start using these when I go work out and other activates like that because I don't mind if something happens to them.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #5,578 of 9,690

Quote:

Boring, as in less bass? 

One of the reasons I love my GR07 so much is the fact that everything I listen to on them sounds amazing. I simply don't feel the need to switch to my other IEMs for any genres. As far as the bass goes, I think it has about the same amount of bass as the TF10, with better quality. If a song has a lot of bass, it will show. If not, then there's not. I'm actually listening to a trance station Rehan put up not too long ago, and it sounds great to me. Like I said in my review, I can go from listening to Wagner and Mozart, to bumping Drake and Kanye West. Boring is not a word I'd use to describe the GR07

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #5,579 of 9,690

Quote:
Boring, as in less bass? 

The entire presentation. The IE8 is a more enjoyable and fun IEM. From its sound stage, to its bass, to its silky and extended treble, to its lush mid range. Although the mid bass is its weakness the IE80 has rectified this issue and its a different IEM IMO when you are comparing them stock.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #5,580 of 9,690

Boring, as in less bass? 

One of the reasons I love my GR07 so much is the fact that everything I listen to on them sounds amazing. I simply don't feel the need to switch to my other IEMs for any genres. As far as the bass goes, I think it has about the same amount of bass as the TF10, with better quality. If a song has a lot of bass, it will show. If not, then there's not. I'm actually listening to a trance station Rehan put up not too long ago, and it sounds great to me. Like I said in my review, I can go from listening to Wagner and Mozart, to bumping Drake and Kanye West. Boring is not a word I'd use to describe the GR07

Users who are viewing this thread

Back