The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #22,126 of 24,807
Quote:
Call me paranoid, but I keep mine in its wooden box when not over my ears
biggrin.gif

That is the only way it is supposed to be when predators are on the loose.

May 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #22,128 of 24,807
Quote:

I found the same problem with different sets of tubes, so I don't think that's really it... plus the Shuguang tubes were practically new when I noticed the issue. Shouldn't the amp stop working by now if I've blown a resistor? I've been searching diyaudio for a while and found a couple cases of a "singing amp", but I think the problem in those cases were the caps.

Shuguang 6CG7's?  I don't think they ever made any of those. 

Quote:
Speaking of compact little Stax amps, what's the story on the SRD-X? It seems like a cute little package, with line-level inputs and normal and high bias output jacks.

edit:

It's just a couple of 80's automotive chip amps (read cheap 80's car stereo) tied to step up transformers.  It's ok for its intended use but high end it is not.  I think I have one of these incoming (can't remember half the crap I buy) so if that is the case I'll post some pics of the circuitry. 

May 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #22,129 of 24,807
Quote:
It could be worse; you could have gotten ants in it.

Yes that's what I was thinking. Still the monetary impact in my case is greater. But the time impact and overall grossness was less.

May 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #22,131 of 24,807
I must confess, I was so pissed that I actually dangled the cat by (the base of) his tail, while waving the broken cable in his face and scolding him, in full view of the dogs.

Little *&#@$% didn't mind a bit. He's a pretty tough cat with impeccable taste in cables and a good sense of humor--just my luck.

May 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #22,132 of 24,807
Quote:
I must confess, I was so pissed that I actually dangled the cat by (the base of) his tail, while waving the broken cable in his face and scolding him, in full view of the dogs.

Little *&#@$% didn't mind a bit. He's a pretty tough cat with impeccable taste in cables and a good sense of humor--just my luck.

Definitely good taste in cables.

May 6, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #22,133 of 24,807
You need to put him up on one of these sites: http://shameyourpet.com/category/cats/

"I ate my humans STAX 009 cable and I'd do it again..."

Quote:

May 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #22,134 of 24,807
May 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #22,138 of 24,807
I love cats, but I couldn't own one in fear of it chewing through my millions of gadget cables. :frowning2:

May 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #22,139 of 24,807
Yeah at least it's not as bad as when I let my pug into the house, the little smug rammed my desktop down with a few of the headphone jacks plugged in broken in half. I don't dare mess with my pug like Grokit did to his cat though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back