The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #4,922 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's shooting for the BH...
biggrin.gif

Is BH still being made by someone? I was under the impression that all the new BH are custom DIY projects now.

Or is this the KGBH from Headamp?

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #4,923 of 24,807
Quote:

The transformer has a dual primary so switch to a serial connection instead of a parallel and it is ready for 230v.

What do you mean by "switch"?
Man, I do have 7 left thumbs and three sprained ring fingers, and chances are quite high I'd electrocute myself or burn the house down if I have to open up a case and desolder and resolder something.In my hands a soldering iron turns into a weapon of mass destruction or at least of self destruction.

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #4,924 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by tensaichen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is BH still being made by someone? I was under the impression that all the new BH are custom DIY projects now.

Or is this the KGBH from Headamp?

It's a KGBH SE from Headamp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean by "switch"?
Man, I do have 7 left thumbs and three sprained ring fingers, and chances are quite high I'd electrocute myself or burn the house down if I have to open up a case and desolder and resolder something.In my hands a soldering iron turns into a weapon of mass destruction or at least of self destruction.

There are 4 wires leading into the primary of the transformer for the two separate windings. In order to get the right voltage on the secondaries they need to be parallel connected for 117v operation creating two windings but serial connected for 230v operation and thus acting as one single winding. I'm certain that Justin would be more then willing to assist with this and even you can do this just as you aren't sure which end of the soldering iron you should hold onto.
cool.gif

Btw. The only way to get good at soldering is to burn your self plenty of times and destroy something.

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #4,925 of 24,807
Quote:

Btw. The only way to get good at soldering is to burn your self plenty of times and destroy something.

I remember once when i was something like 15, I was using a cheap 15w soldering pencil, in a carpeted room, and barefoot. And i knocked the soldering iron off the desk, and it fell under by my feet.

And in my haste to remedy the situation, I stood up, with my left foot on the iron.

I'm just glad it was only a 15W iron.

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #4,927 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember once when i was something like 15, I was using a cheap 15w soldering pencil, in a carpeted room, and barefoot. And i knocked the soldering iron off the desk, and it fell under by my feet.

And in my haste to remedy the situation, I stood up, with my left foot on the iron.

I'm just glad it was only a 15W iron.

I have fond memories of burn marks and mangled piece of flesh at the age of 12 while doing some repairs. It's scary how much things don't change...
eek.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #4,928 of 24,807
I built my first shortwave receiver when I was 14. Plenty of bandaids were needed!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #4,929 of 24,807
Quote:

It's a KGBH SE from Headamp.

So Justin is still taking pre-orders for the KGBH SE?

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #4,930 of 24,807
It's waiting list only at this point 2D.

Jan 8, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #4,932 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Downrange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's waiting list only at this point 2D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes
Too late to get on the list?

???
I have a last place on the waiting list for sale.Send me a PM if interested.
It's not cheap though .........

Jan 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #4,933 of 24,807
Quote:

???

Just a heads-up on this, as long as Justin's policy allows for someone on the pre-order list to sell that spot on the list to another buyer. then this might be one way to go. The only other way is to hope everyone on the pre-order list backs out so the wait list buyers move in. That could be tough.

FWIW, some esteemed custom bike builders do not allow spots on their sometimes multi-year waiting lists to be bought and sold, ie the spot is non-transferable. So anybody thinking of buying a spot better be sure Justin confirms that it's OK.

Jan 8, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #4,934 of 24,807
I would think that as a good businessman, Justin will make good to the original people who filled the list, then extend offers to buy KGBHs to the waiting list for those slots that "opted out." I'd be surprised if he put up with any shenanigans such as, "hey, so-and-so bought my slot, so here's his name," LOL!
Can't speak for Justin, of course, but that's my read - if you want to "sell your slot," buy the amp and ship the amp to the slot buyer.
With the economy turning down this year, I think the people on the wait list's odds are pretty good of getting a KGBH!

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #4,935 of 24,807
Quote:

???

That's quite alright - I was able to get on another list
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back